Sachin Tendulkar v Virat Kohli in Tests

Just now, putrevus said:

I said teenage SRT wouldn't have made his debut now, Selectors are more aware of developing talent I still believe that would be right thing to do.

Gill or Shaw have should not be given debut now even though they are better right now than current set of batsmen becuase it will hamper their growth , it has got nothing to do with talent level of current batsman.

Sachin made his debut in 1989 but it took him a decade to score a double hundred. He never scored 500 in a series.This is the guy who scored triple hundred as school kid.

Getting youngster early in is not always right thing to do especially a batsman. Don't twist words.

You're again trying to claim that it took him long time to develop, when in fact he was better than most of our current test batsman by age of 18.

When your youngster gives you return of 51 average before age of 23, then why isn't it a right thing to do? 

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I said teenage SRT wouldn't have made his debut now, Selectors are more aware of developing talent I still believe that would be right thing to do.

Gill or Shaw have should not be given debut now even though they are better right now than current set of batsmen becuase it will hamper their growth , it has got nothing to do with talent level of current batsman.

Sachin made his debut in 1989 but it took him a decade to score a double hundred. He never scored 500 in a series.This is the guy who scored triple hundred as school kid.

Getting youngster early in is not always right thing to do especially a batsman. Don't twist words.

How many 4 match or 5 match test match series india use to play before 2000 when sachin was at his peak. And how does it matters if he scored 200 after 10 years  . Does scoring 200 has more worth than consistently scoring 100. Don't put any random stuff just to support your argument.

9 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Why don't you answer in how many season kohli avg more or around 60 so far. Sachin continuously average around 60 for 9-10 years and around 57 for 15 years. Also how many player were averaging more than 50 during Sachin time and compare that with player averaging more than 50 during Kohli time. Have you consider the kind of bowling sachin faced during those initial 67 matches, pitch condition, access to the coaching and training standard and a very important factor frequency of playing in overseas condition and drs.

Sachin did not perform better on bowling pitches or against better bowling attacks than what Kohli has done in any part of his career. What frequency you want Kohli is averaging more after 67 tests than Sachin after 67 tests that is the most important thing.Everything else is yet to be seen  from Kohli's side.

Kohli after 200 plus odis is far better than Sachin ever was after his 200 plus odis . Rest of it we will see how it plays out.I will take Kohli over Sachin anyday. I have more trust in Kohli's ability to fight adversity.

Just now, raki05 said:

How many 4 match or 5 match test match series india use to play before 2000 when sachin was at his peak. And how does it matters if he scored 200 after 10 years  . Does scoring 200 has more worth than consistently scoring 100. Don't put any random stuff just to support your argument.

Not scoring double hundred is not sign of hampered growth.

Kallis spent almost entire career without scoring a double. 

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Sachin did not perform better on bowling pitches or against better bowling attacks than what Kohli has done in any part of his career. What frequency you want Kohli is averaging more after 67 tests than Sachin after 67 tests that is the most important thing.Everything else is yet to be seen  from Kohli's side.

Kohli after 200 plus odis is far better than Sachin ever was after his 200 plus odis . Rest of it we will see how it plays out.I will take Kohli over Sachin anyday. I have more trust in Kohli's ability to fight adversity.

That's just random statement without any supporting evidence.

I wil never take Kohli over SRT in ODIs in a pressure match. I will take him over SRT anyway if it's just regular match.

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

That's just random statement without any supporting evidence.

For evidence you need to closely look at scorecards of his 200 tests. We will create another thread for it and discuss match by match and then compare with Kohli's 67 tests.But it has be another day. 

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

So you think his 50 against pakistan was against week bowling attack or easy pitch. His 100 at one of the fastest pitch in Aus against mcdermot and merv hughes and Warne was against weak attack or his century against rampaging donald or rampaging steyn was against weak attack or flat pitch. Tell me one century of Kohli compare to what Sachin score against rampaging Donald durin 94-95 or Rampaging Steyn in 2011 or in Chennai against wasim/waqar/saqlain. Don't make full out of yourself man. Oh so now you jump to odi ( tell me this are you trolling or debating) are you simply ignoring power play rule, red ball odi cricket, bowler which sachin faced and 2 new balls which is used now and flat pitches across all countries in odis. even Rohit and Dhawan has better average than Sachin at present. Go and tell this to various cricket forums or all the great cricketers who has always put sachin in their top10 odi or test XI where as none of them consider kohli  in test or your favorite sharma and dhawan in odi. 

Just now, putrevus said:

For evidence you need to closely look at scorecards of his 200 tests. We will create another thread for it and discuss match by match and then compare with Kohli's 67 tests.But it has be another day. 

You have made a baseless claim, so support it.

4 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

And Kohli has 0 match winning 100 in SENA countries. 0 series wins there so far.

Compare when he actually wins a match and series. Till then just don't base on potential ability. 

How did matchwinning 100s did Sachin have in SENA countries in his first 67 tests???? Please remind me??? Answer is zero????

7 minutes ago, putrevus said:

To you it may not, but to many it is. Ability to win matches/ series come with batsmen scoring huge runs.

who are those many lets start on forum itself. how many sf or knock out odi kohli has won on back of his performance in odi. don't talk about biletral as pressure in wc/ct or different then the pressure in bilateral match.

Just now, putrevus said:

How did matchwinning 100s did Sachin have in SENA countries in his first 67 tests???? Please remind me??? Answer is zero????

How does that make Kohli a matchwinner?

So you're saying Kohli isn't better matchwinner than SRT and you believe Kohli has only potential to do it, but he isn't there actually yet.

Ok, one claim busted. Let's move to next.

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

who are those many lets start on forum itself. how many sf or knock out odi kohli has won on back of his performance in odi. don't talk about biletral as pressure in wc/ct or different then the pressure in bilateral match.

We will surely I am running out of time today.

2 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

How does that make Kohli a matchwinner?

So you're saying Kohli isn't better matchwinner than SRT and you believe Kohli has only potential to do it, but he isn't there actually yet.

Ok, one claim busted. Let's move to next.

How many match winning hundreds Sachin has in 67 tests vs m Kohli's 67s you will find the answer. We will discuss rest later.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Test cricket is not someone's training ground or victory lap ,Sachin in my book does not get a pass for debuting at a young age or playing till 40 when he was a shell of himself.

I agree with the 2nd part.  Should have retired 25 tests ago.  In his last 3 years he averaged a poor 37  in  28 tests, with only 2 centuries.  Lost many fans during this time.

Tendulkar could have ended with an average of 57+.

But it was not his fault that he was thrown into the deep end at age 16.  The way he batted as a teenager was very commendable.  You can't expect him to say that I will debut only at age 20.

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How many match winning hundreds Sachin has in 67 tests vs m Kohli's 67s you will find the answer. We will discuss rest later.

And that makes Kohli better than SRT? How?

2 players don't score a century in first 10 tests.

One of them scores 100 in next 10 tests.

But we want to claim that one who hasn't done it yet is already more prolific century maker based on potential.

Great logic.