Dhonis batting...as good as....

hatja_tau

Dhonis batting...as good as.... Harbhajans? whats the difference between dhonis batting compared to guy like Harbhajans in test cricket. This Dhoni guy has swindled crores due to media and popularity in India....Hes a useless batsmen in test cricket i feel like his batting capabilities are possibly even worse than Harbhajans and Kumbles.

Why is nobody in the media also raising no outcry about Dhoni's failures, Dhoni's batting is just deplorable , and he cannot be in team just for his keeping it is not like he is rodney marsh behind the wickets, he was supposed to be a very good bat with ok gloves, now he has become ok gloves with not batting at all.

Why is nobody in the media also raising no outcry about Dhoni's failures' date=' Dhoni's batting is just deplorable , and he cannot be in team just for his keeping it is not like he is rodney marsh behind the wickets, he was supposed to be a very good bat with ok gloves, now he has become ok gloves with not batting at all.[/quote'] He looked in fine nick before getting out to that wide ball. It happens. Too early to call for his ouster from Test team. It's pity people forget his performance in England averaging above 50 and hitting more than 200 runs.
He looked in fine nick before getting out to that wide ball. It happens. Too early to call for his ouster from Test team. It's pity people forget his performance in England averaging above 50 and hitting more than 200 runs.
HC, Are people remembering the highest run scorer of the England series? How many failures was he given? I don't think Dhoni has showed or acheived that much to get the leeway that a champion player gets. Unfortunately he doesn't inspire much confidence in his batting in these countries like Australia, SA etc. And one of a fans of Dhoni is telling this to you. Bossbhai, Can we get Dhoni's batting average away from home? And then can you deduct BD, Pak, WI and SL (he hasn't played a test there yet, I suppose) from it?
HC, Are people remembering the highest run scorer of the England series? How many failures was he given? I don't think Dhoni has showed or acheived that much to get the leeway that a champion player gets. Unfortunately he doesn't inspire much confidence in his batting in these countries like Australia, SA etc. And one of a fans of Dhoni is telling this to you. Bossbhai, Can we get Dhoni's batting average away from home? And then can you deduct BD, Pak, WI and SL (he hasn't played a test there yet, I suppose) from it?
Chandan, Dhoni is an attacking player. The reason you count heavily on a wicketkeeper in Test matches is when you have a loosely packed batting line-up. At present that is not the case. Look at Australia Gillchrist is counted at the top for ODI's where has his role in Test matches as far as batting is concerned is limited. He may contribute with a 100 but that is more of a bonus. I think Dhoni with his batting skills and superior wicket keeping is still the first choice followed by Karthick and Parthiv. Karthick coming in as a batsmen is understandable because he has shown his skills in Test matches to his credit but not to replace someone like Dhoni who is a multidimensional cricketer.
Chandan' date=' Dhoni is an attacking player. The reason you count heavily on a wicketkeeper in Test matches is when you have a loosely packed batting line-up. At present that is not the case. Look at Australia Gillchrist is counted at the top for ODI's where has his role in Test matches as far as batting is concerned is limited. He may contribute with a 100 but that is more of a bonus. I think Dhoni with his batting skills and superior wicket keeping is still the first choice followed by Karthick and Parthiv. Karthick coming in as a batsmen is understandable because he has shown his skills in Test matches to his credit but not to replace someone like Dhoni who is a multidimensional cricketer.[/quote'] I disagree. Dhoni and Gilchrist are in their teams because of their batting. Both Australia and India have left out the players who were better keepers but inferior bats than the two in their respective countries. Both the players have similar roles in their respective test teams. Australia always counts on Gilchrist to score bagful of runs and he has done it in past. India expects the same from Dhoni, but he is nowhere there in the category of batsmen outside the subcontinent or against better attacks.