Where will VK be ranked amongst Indian test captains if India win an overseas test match under him this year?

Just now, jalebi_bhai said:

I think even if we lose all our games, we'll be ranked 3-5 since we'll be playing against other top teams. Not worse than number 7.

But why Are we losing #1 spot ? This is CHAMPION TEAM that has some 17 win streak or something? Kohli changed Tests.. we should be able to keep #1 or atleast #2, #3

2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

But why Are we losing #1 spot ? This is CHAMPION TEAM that has some 17 win streak or something? Kohli changed Tests.. we should be able to keep #1 or atleast #2, #3

Bcoz Kohli is a crap captain, that's why. Maybe not bad enough to take us to rank jersey number 7, but pretty garbage in his own right. Can only win at home, WIndies and Lanka with Dhoni's CHAMPION team. That's why Dhoni should've never retired from Tests.

2 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

See, Saha is not a youngster. I think two years younger, that's it. Dhoni could've and should've continued imo. As per @Trichromatic, Dhoni is one of the best players of swing in India. We will need him for the England series in 2018.

Prioritizing IPL over Test cricket is not on imo, considering that Dhoni was/is still capable of being an asset in Test cricket. It's not like he's a bunny like Raina in Tests. 

Blasphemy. Calling Dhoni just a legend is like calling Picasso an average paniter. Dhoni IS the GREATEST OF ALL TIME. No questions asked. 

Where did I say that he is best player of swing?

1 hour ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Anyways, it seems like IPL was more important for Dhoni than Test cricket. Do you think so as well?

Well he shouldn't have done that mid series. Created a lot of fuss by doing that.

Other than that..his time was up and he left rightfully.

Definately escaped the tag of losing 2 series in Aus 

On 12/22/2017 at 7:21 PM, sourab10forever said:

Has already achieved so much as a  captain in the test format....

*Longest Streak.

*#1 test side.

*Best W/L ratio.

*has led from the front as a batsmen.

Mind you they have played every team at home...now if this team under Kohli can win a game or two in AUS/SA/ENG/NZ...where will it rank Kohli?

Won't judge him so soon.  However, once he captains the team over a prolonged period of time i would definitely like to compare him with Saurav.

48 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Bcoz Kohli is a crap captain, that's why. Maybe not bad enough to take us to rank jersey number 7, but pretty garbage in his own right. Can only win at home, WIndies and Lanka with Dhoni's CHAMPION team. That's why Dhoni should've never retired from Tests.

Ohh not he is really good captain.. Time for 4 Sl tours and 4 more SL in India... If Dhoni was there we would have never won those home series atall.. we would have never won a series 3-0 in 4 match series against Aus..Because we never whitewashed them before. Credits to Kohli's Championship Team that ll win in RSA.

22 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Where did I say that he is best player of swing?

This is your OP in Dhoni's role in England Test series win thread

On 12/23/2017 at 6:07 PM, Trichromatic said:

Somehow he consistently did well in England. He was probably our 2nd best batsman in 2014 series outbatting Kohli, Pujara and Dhawan. Scored 349 runs at avg of 35 with 4 half centuries.

Even in 2011 series, he was easily 2nd best batsman after Dravid outperforming Laxman, Sehwag, Gambhir. Scored 220 runs at avg of 31.4 with 2 fifties.

But his best  came in 2007 when 209 runs at avg of 52 with 2 fifties. India won that series 1-0 and Dhoni saved the match for India in first test by scoring 76 unbeaten with India 9 wickets down. He also scored 91 in last test and him along with Kumble ensured that match was out of the hands of  England. 

Zak, RP Singh, Karthick, SRT and Dhoni were main contributors of that series wins.

Clearly one of India's best players in England's swinging conditions over three series. You have posted the numbers. Outbatted FTBs and HTBs like Kohli and Pujara.

16 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Ohh not he is really good captain.. Time for 4 Sl tours and 4 more SL in India... If Dhoni was there we would have never won those home series atall.. we would have never won a series 3-0 in 4 match series against Aus..Because we never whitewashed them before. Credits to Kohli's Championship Team that ll win in RSA.

How many series did Dhoni win in SL? 

Just now, jalebi_bhai said:

How many series did Dhoni win in SL? 

How many times did he play lanka ? Once in six years? Draw .. Right now we play them every month almost (ODIs T20s and Tests) ... played them 2 away 1 home in just 2 years for Tests.  First time Dhoni toured RSA we got  Drew the series.. He better Draw when tour them now.

49 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

How many times did he play lanka ? Once in six years? Draw .. Right now we play them every month almost (ODIs T20s and Tests) ... played them 2 away 1 home in just 2 years for Tests.  First time Dhoni toured RSA we got  Drew the series.. He better Draw when tour them now.

Answer to my question, 0.

How many Test series did Dhoni win vs RSA home or away? Hint: single digit.

11 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Answer to my question, 0.

How many Test series did Dhoni win vs RSA home or away? Hint: single digit.

So he is going to draw a series in RSA.. Alright cool CHAMPION TEAM sure will...  

Big difference between playing 1 series in 6 years and 3 series in space of 2 years.. :bebored:

32 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

So he is going to draw a series in RSA.. Alright cool CHAMPION TEAM sure will...  

Big difference between playing 1 series in 6 years and 3 series in space of 2 years.. :bebored:

Kohli is crap. Will get whitewashed. 

Still doesn't change the fact that Dhoni couldn't beat RSA even once, home or away.

10 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

He could draw a series away.. Big difference in drawing a series and losing a series.. 

I'm pessimistic about RSA. Team is not prepared. If we somehow manage to draw the first Test, maybe we'll have a slim chance of drawing the series. Maybe.

England we may be able to draw it. In Aus, we have to deal with ATG Steve Smith. Will be difficult.

43 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I'm pessimistic about RSA. Team is not prepared. If we somehow manage to draw the first Test, maybe we'll have a slim chance of drawing the series. Maybe.

England we may be able to draw it. In Aus, we have to deal with ATG Steve Smith. Will be difficult.

Steyn at the end of his career.. Time to cash in :antijinx: but can they ? I have my doubts. RSA are too good at Home.

Dhawan is a weak link along with pandya and Rohit

Edited by Rasgulla