Bhajji and his habit of downplaying current cricket competitiveness....

53 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Look at some of his averages against top teams in Odis 

Aus- 46

Nz- 40

Pak- 57

SA-32

Wi-34

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerOpponents_ODI.asp?PlayerID=2138#bowl 

In test matches

Pak- 52

Eng-39

Sl- 39

Nz- 33

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerOpponents.asp?PlayerID=2138#bowl

On top of that a questionable bowling action

Think Twice before calling him a legend.

Sorry but over 400 test wickets . You instantly become legend . Sorry about that 

57 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Look at some of his averages against top teams in Odis 

Aus- 46

Nz- 40

Pak- 57

SA-32

Wi-34

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerOpponents_ODI.asp?PlayerID=2138#bowl 

In test matches

Pak- 52

Eng-39

Sl- 39

Nz- 33

http://www.howstat.com/cricket/Statistics/Players/PlayerOpponents.asp?PlayerID=2138#bowl

On top of that a questionable bowling action

Think Twice before calling him a legend.

this is what needs to be emphasized. even his record against Oz is skewed by the "miracle" 2001 series.

2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Yes take out 2001 wickets. Probably greatest bowling display we had by Indian bowler lol only fair to take out all his best performances when evaluating him lol

it just shows the importance of the novelty factor in getting wickets. this happened to plenty of players, not just bhajji. phil hughes smashed 2 100s against a strong SA attack at home and then fell away. countless examples exist.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

it just shows the importance of the novelty factor in getting wickets. this happened to plenty of players, not just bhajji. phil hughes smashed 2 100s against a strong SA attack at home and then fell away. countless examples exist.

What lol hah hah lad has amazing series and you want those stats air brushed out lol do laxman also need removing lol 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Will you take him over Ashwin of 2015 WC or 2014 WT20 or 2013 CT ? 

If he was a fighter please explain 2004 Nagpur and 2011 Lord's. Please explain his antics in MI and Punjab Ranji team where he protects his figures by under bowling. You are confusing his bowling with his attitude. He is an insecure cowardly bully who gave Indian cricket it's lowest moment when he slapped Sreesanth after an IPL game. 

Under present rules Bhajji won't be able to bowl his doosra bottomline, and his stellar career was built upon his doosra.

I t is no brainer for me to take him over Ashwin in CT 2017. No contest.

He does not underbowl for MI. He balls whenever he is asked to and is as economical a spinner as anyone can be. He would have had more wickets but most of the time he was bowling in tandem with Anil. Ashwin was the lone spinner most of the time. Give Bhajji some credit. He took lot of wickets.

His slapping Sreesanth cannot be condoned. That was the only blemish on his career.

And once again stick to the topic and tell me what did bhajji say in the interview that is so controversial.

Edited by Khota

Post 2010, Bhajji averaged 38+ every year, when attention started to come on actions. He was only 29 then so logically his peak years should have started then.....

Also His overall away average is 39, including Pakistan, SL etc.

But in any case this wasnt the purpose of the thread so Im not sure why his fanboys had to bring that up. There are many holes in his record which wasnt my intention.

The intention is to just point out his shady attitude where he downplays achievements of Indian cricket team post his retirement.. Our Pacers do well and thats because of green pitches.... Spinners do well thats because of turners.... Away tours are apparently much easier now and not the same challenge....

Any achievement the current team gets can never be comparable to the Indian team which he was part of.

I can guarantee that if we win in Australia next year, for Bhajji it still wont overshadown the 2003-04 series draw in Australia. No one cares for the fact that warne, mcgrath etc were unavailable.....

7 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

Post 2010, Bhajji averaged 38+ every year, when attention started to come on actions. He was only 29 then so logically his peak years should have started then.....

But in any case this wasnt the purpose of the thread so Im not sure why his fanboys had to bring that up. There are many holes in his record which wasnt my intention.

The intention is to just point out his shady attitude where he downplays achievements of Indian cricket team post his retirement.. Our Pacers do well and thats because of green pitches.... Spinners do well thats because of turners.... Away tours are apparently much easier now and not the same challenge....

Any achievement the current team gets can never be comparable to the Indian team which he was part of.

I can guarantee that if we win in Australia next year, for Bhajji it still wont overshadown the 2003-04 series draw in Australia. No one cares for the fact that warne, mcgrath etc were unavailable.....

O please . He is not down played anything . What tosh . Just making big stuff up cos hate him . Anyway why you so keen on ex players sticking their tongue up Indian teams arse . We need guys ready to tell it how it is , we have none in media . And sadly bhaji don’t tell it how it is either .

as for you slagging of India drawing in aus in 2003-04 . Now that’s bitter hate full stuff . That was brilliant by India to that and great series . Sad that guys like you want to slag brilliant performances by Indian team like that . Sachin laxman and Dravid and co were superb , sad that you don’t care much for that . 

4 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

O please . He is not down played anything . What tosh . Just making big stuff up cos hate him . Anyway why you so keen on ex players sticking their tongue up Indian teams arse . We need guys ready to tell it how it is , we have none in media . And sadly bhaji don’t tell it how it is either .

as for you slagging of India drawing in aus in 2003-04 . Now that’s bitter hate full stuff . That was brilliant by India to that and great series . Sad that guys like you want to slag brilliant performances by Indian team like that . Sachin laxman and Dravid and co were superb , sad that you don’t care much for that . 

stop trying to misinterpret my words and put words in my mouth. that series is one of our best achievements in test cricket and nowhere have i ever 'slagged' it off

anyways simple question.

We win in Oz next year. Which result will hold more worth for you? 2003-04 or and 2018/19

Edited by AmreekanDesi
8 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

stop trying to misinterpret my words and put words in my mouth. that series is one of our best achievements in test cricket and nowhere have i ever 'slagged' it off

anyways simple question.

We win in Oz next year. Which result will hold more worth for you? 2003-04 or and 2018/19

Why are we assuming Harbhajan would think differently? All he said once was that SA arn't as good as they used to be and that he wished he and kumble got to bowl on similar home pitches which are both things that are probably true although the former is debatable I think.  SA don't have Kallis anymore and steyn is in his mid 30s returning from an injury ect.

As for him saying India should beat Pakistan in ct final that was something should have true considering how both team have performed across the 3 different formats the past few years. 

Edited by Silva
6 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

anyways simple question.

You said “ no one cares for “ in reference to that 2003 /04 series . Your hate for bhaji is so much that you willing to slag of great Indian achievements in your hate agenda . Sad really 

listen if we win in oz that makes history so of course more . But that era of oz teams were simply amazing . Up there with windies teams to be called best ever . So beating them in 2001 and drawing ( shoudl have won ) 2003 / 4 was as sweet as it gets 

2 minutes ago, Silva said:

Why are we assuming Harbhajan would think differently? All he said once was that SA arn't as good as they used to be and that he wished he and kumble got to bowl on similar home pitches which are both things that are probably true although the former is debatable I think.  SA don't have Kallis anymore and steyn is in his mid 30s returning from an injury ect.

As for him saying India should beat Pakistan in ct final that was something should have true considering how both team have performed across the 3 different formats the past few years. 

Exactly lol but from there he is jealous / a hole etc etc lol bizzare interpretations of what he said by the mob lol

2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Exactly lol but from there he is jealous / a hole etc etc lol bizzare interpretations of what he said by the mob lol

I just read the article, literally all he said was that India have a good chance because India has good batsman and dale steyn is returning from a 1 year long injury break. he also said that Aswhin should be an automatic and Rohit should be picked over Pandya. I can't believe people are getting worked up over it. 

58 minutes ago, AmreekanDesi said:

Let us not deflect. One simple question please point out in the interview where he said anything derogatory. I will respect you more if you come out and say that you hate him like a man.

Very jealous petty person. After Australia lost the ODI series he tweeted tagging Michael Clarke that he should come back and play for Australia because there wasn't a single good batsman in the current Aus team and that Kuldeep-Chahal had it too easy. So according to him Smith and Warner are poor batsmen !!! Similarly when we beat England in the test series last year he tagged Michael Vaughan saying that there was not a single good test batsman in England (Root, Bairstow, Cook, Stokes...) and that none of them would have played under Vaughan's reign. He downplays every single Indian spinner, earlier I thought he hated only Ashwin but now it is clear that he also hates Jadeja, Chahal, Kuldeep, everybody.

The comedy part is that under current rules he would be called for chucking, guy cheated his way to 400 wickets (I know it is a harsh word but I have hated chuckers after what Senanayake did to us in 2014 WT20 F) helped by Ganguly's biased captaincy and Kumble's gentlemanly nature. I also read somewhere that when Ashwin first came to our team Bhajji ignored him and made him feel isolated from the group, that he used his influence to sideline Ashwin from team meetings, net sessions etc. Ashwin was graceful enough to acknowledge Bhajji's achievements and call him his idol after all this.....he could have escalated the situation when Bhajji constantly downplayed Ashwin during his historic 2015-16 seasons which according to me is one of the greatest peaks in bowling history. Now I can't vouch for the above happenings but it isn't beyond Bhajji to do something like this and remember how well his sphere of influence (players, media, sponsors, experts...) was in the 2011-12 period. 

Bhajji may have had great skills in his peak years but he is an insecure self preserving coward. Don't forget how he ran away when he saw a green top in 2004 Nagpur or how he developed mysterious stomach cramps after going for 0/200 in Lord's 2011, even the team physio couldn't diagnose his ailment then. Same behavior you can see when he plays for MI or Punjab Ranji team, he underbowls himself when the going is tough and only bowls when the threat level is low. Guys like Kumble and Ashwin are different, they don't mind getting humiliated by rampant batsmen but they never run away from any challenge, even in the worst of times take beatings like proper men. 

Perfectly written. Bhajji also backed away in WT20 2007 final when he was hit sixes by Misbah in his 3rd over. Dhoni was forced to give ball to Joginder Sharma because Bhaaji did not agree to bowl the final over fearing that if he lost it for India, he will be bashed by fans and media. He selectively plays Ranji, enjoyed the company of Kumble and got most of his wickets during that time. He could not take over from Kumble and was dropped within 3-4 years.