Better captain: Ganguly or Dhoni?

Better captain (All formats)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better India captain: Ganguly or Dhoni?

4 minutes ago, adi B said:

Disagree that the 2011 team under ganguly against srl in the finals would have choked .one of the main problem during some of the chokes in the finals during ganguly era was due to lack of finishers in the form of a yuvi,raina,dhoni.

agree with the rest of your post.

Nerves can get better of greater team , no better example then this CT

Pak stood no chance against us but nerves. 

With ganguly it was always nerves costing in final. 

Btw if ganguly had 2011 team he wud have played instead of gambhir and his running btw wkts was awfull. 

IF u watch Wc final running btw wkts among gambhir-kohli n then gambhir -dhoni wud have made huge diff

There were some basic diff btw dhoni n ganguly which they laid emphasis on

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

His t20 captaincy went for to long. he shudnt have been in the team as player 1st

About 1st CT, so did u expect him to win everything......aadmi hai ya robot .  

Remeber ganguly backing rohan gavaskar despite failing for a year

Remeber ganguly backing parthiv despite his horrors as keeper 

Remeber ganguly choosing to bowl in WC final on patta

Remeber ganguly faking an injury watching nagpur pitch 

Aise nikalne lage to koi captain na bache, every captain has done his share of mistakes 

He scored in Final ....Everyone scored somewere

Wasnt cricket a team game 

yes u did in that case , may be u were bsy in love with ur fav batsman

Dude Dhoni got his ass whooped by worse Australian teams like in CB series 2012 where he didn’t even qualify for finals...even if Ganguly and team got a 50 run start or 2 extra lives batting that Australian team could have still whipped us 9 out of 10 times.

Ganguly backing Parthiv and Rohan Gavaskar is a negative now? Where as he didn’t back Yuvi,Sehwag,Zak,Nehra,Kaif,Bhajji etc etc...you are changing arguments to suit you lol.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Dude Dhoni got his ass whooped by worse Australian teams like in CB series 2012 where he didn’t even qualify for finals...even if Ganguly and team got a 50 run start or 2 extra lives batting that Australian team could have still whipped us 9 out of 10 times.

As i said u cant win everything, n what gr8 team did we had on that tour

Sachin , sehwag , gambhir all diping

Rohit continous struggle

Kohli was still new and did ok and left was dhoni

N didnt ganguly lost at his own home against Wi, Pak , Aus , now ull say dhoni also lost agianst pak n sa

Thats my point with everyone their wud be some negative

Ganguly backing Parthiv and Rohan Gavaskar is a negative now? Where as he didn’t back Yuvi,Sehwag,Zak,Nehra,Kaif,Bhajji etc etc...you are changing arguments to suit you lol.

thats what i said, if u start nit picking ull find problem with everything. Every captain has done mistakes n thats what telling if u start not picking it will be with everyone 

22 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Now captaincy n good team is co related.....

This debate has gone in some other direction. 

The whole resources debate will never end as it will be subjective to many people and many are here just to find extreme points 

Ideal question is give both of them same resources and who ll do better ???

Rest i have answered here, i wnt repeat 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Nerves can get better of greater team , no better example then this CT

Pak stood no chance against us but nerves. 

With ganguly it was always nerves costing in final. 

Btw if ganguly had 2011 team he wud have played instead of gambhir and his running btw wkts was awfull. 

IF u watch Wc final running btw wkts among gambhir-kohli n then gambhir -dhoni wud have made huge diff

There were some basic diff btw dhoni n ganguly which they laid emphasis on

Nerves from whom? I thought Dhoni was mr.cool or is he only cool when Srini Mama switches on the a/c under his backside?

Aren’t we(including me) criticizing Kohli in LOIs for still giving Dhoni the authority? And aren’t people claiming his greatness for Chahal and Kuldeep’s success or other wins?

19 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

....and Ganguly was one game away against a far better team than anything Dhoni has ever seen. Even Azhar with his match fixing got us to the semi finals. 

...and England & Srilanka are the best team in the ODI cricket history after Australia because they reached 3 WC finals.

Winning WC will be the one of the biggest thing in out Cricket history. Sorry, you will have to live with it that Dhoni is one of the two who captained a WC winning side. Hope you get over it and cherish it someday.

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

As i said u cant win everything, n what gr8 team did we had on that tour

Sachin , sehwag , gambhir all diping

Rohit continous struggle

Kohli was still new and did ok and left was dhoni

N didnt ganguly lost at his own home against Wi, Pak , Aus , now ull say dhoni also lost agianst pak n sa

Thats my point with everyone their wud be some negative

thats what i said, if u start nit picking ull find problem with everything. Every captain has done mistakes n thats what telling if u start not picking it will be with everyone 

Rest i have answered here, i wnt repeat 

Of course you can’t win everything but why is that a statement when the team loses and why is Dhoni the great mind when the team wins? Even when his contributions are negligible?

Overall Dhoni was a captain to make up the numbers and he was adequate as a player I will

give him that. I don’t see any revolutionary ideas or “process”(no pun intended) or innings from him

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Nerves from whom? I thought Dhoni was mr.cool or is he only cool when Srini Mama switches on the a/c under his backside?

And what the heck do u mean by that ?>

Aren’t we(including me) criticizing Kohli in LOIs for still giving Dhoni the authority? And aren’t people claiming his greatness for Chahal and Kuldeep’s success or other wins?

BEfore people yuzi n kuldeep are themselves saying that - well u can say they are liers

But then be impartial n say 

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/mahendra-singh-dhoni-rohit-sharma-opening-batting-india-4469392/

This statement is also a lie. 

My criticism of kohli is not giving him authority, even rohit took his his help in SL series . Mine issue with kohli is trying to copy him , wereas what i liked with rohit is he has his own style. Taking help is no wrong. Sachin , Zak were gr8 help to their captain. Problem is when u emulate someone forgetting ur own style 

30 minutes ago, maniac said:

Kris Srikkanth is the greatest captain of all time because both Sachin and Kumble debuted under him... beat that!!!

Correct. Idiots keep on repeating Sehwag, Yuvi, Dhoni, Zak, Bhajji, etc debut under Ganguly and put him on pedestal for building a team.

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

Of course you can’t win everything but why is that a statement when the team loses and why is Dhoni the great mind when the team wins? Even when his contributions are negligible?

Again m not saying that , Captain deserves equal whacking n praise. they both are don beyond a point 

Overall Dhoni was a captain to make up the numbers and he was adequate as a player I will

give him that. I don’t see any revolutionary ideas or “process”(no pun intended) or innings from him

Very subjective 

For me 

1. calmness

2. emphasis on fielding n Running btw wkts . 

and every captain brings a change, kohli already with fitness 

Gangu with his fiery attitude and better relation among senior n junior, also emphasizing on proff coaching staff

Ab revolution kya lana , usne konsa pace quatret dhundh nikalna tha jab the hi nhin

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Could have.. would have.. :hehe: 

Sachin could have won a WC as captain (How funny does that even sound) but he was shown the door early. Question was did he win CB series that had ZIM in it? Nopp

Did Dhoni win in 2008? Yeppp

2012 CB was lost due to old grandpa who wants to play tukk tukk cricket till 2015 WC but thank god Dhoni had enough after his innings in 2012AC. You should stick to lunge,bot,grammar and Gibberish.. :hehe:

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

And what the heck do u mean by that ?>

BEfore people yuzi n kuldeep are themselves saying that - well u can say they are liers

But then be impartial n say 

http://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/mahendra-singh-dhoni-rohit-sharma-opening-batting-india-4469392/

This statement is also a lie. 

My criticism of kohli is not giving him authority, even rohit took his his help in SL series . Mine issue with kohli is trying to copy him , wereas what i liked with rohit is he has his own style. Taking help is no wrong. Sachin , Zak were gr8 help to their captain. Problem is when u emulate someone forgetting ur own style 

Did you really not understand or chose to ignore?

If Dhoni is the proxy captain...why were nerves there? Shouldn’t he have calmed the nerves down?

Dhoni ki jagaa 2015 tak odi Team mein banthi hai-Agreed

in Tests-maybe 2012 tak

in T20s-2010 tak

even though he was just adequate and his captaincy wasn’t as revolutionary as you make it out to be. 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Again m not saying that , Captain deserves equal whacking n praise. they both are don beyond a point 

Very subjective 

For me 

1. calmness

2. emphasis on fielding n Running btw wkts . 

Gangu with his fiery attitude and better relation among senior n junior, also emphasizing on proff coaching staff

Ab revolution kya lana , usne konsa pace quatret dhundh nikalna tha jab the hi nhin

What fitness did Dhoni bring in lol...India’s ground fielding has been world class since early 2000s with emergence of Kaif,Yuvi etc etc 

if If you want to equal praise and whackings than there are more whackings which automatically disqualify him.

4 minutes ago, Shunya said:

Correct. Idiots keep on repeating Sehwag, Yuvi, Dhoni, Zak, Bhajji, etc debut under Ganguly and put him on pedestal for building a team.

By that logic we can say Dhoni made 

Kohli,Rohit,Dhawan,Ashwin,Rahane,Bumrah,Bhuvi :hehe: His argument is retarded.

2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Could have.. would have.. :hehe: 

Sachin could have won a WC as captain (How funny does that even sound) but he was shown the door early. Question was did he win CB series that had ZIM in it? Nopp

Did Dhoni win in 2008? Yeppp

2012 CB was lost due to old grandpa who wants to play tukk tukk cricket till 2015 WC but thank god Dhoni had enough after his innings in 2012AC. You should stick to lunge,bot,grammar and Gibberish.. :hehe:

Go play outside

Just now, maniac said:

What fitness did Dhoni bring in lol...India’s ground fielding has been world class since early 2000s with emergence of Kaif,Yuvi etc etc 

if If you want to equal praise and whackings than there are more whackings which automatically disqualify him.

Name anyone other than those 2 :hehe: world class LMAO

13 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Name anyone other than those 2 :hehe: world class LMAO

This is not specifically for you as there are a specific limitations with the understanding...that is ok

but there was a whole culture shift among the youngsters coming in 2000 onwards...Rohit,Kohli Rahane,Jadeja etc etc were gun ground  fielders from day 1...Hell even Fast bowlers like Umesh Yadav, and dare I say even Vijay Kumar where world class fielders.

Now if someone is naturally unathhletic like Shami than it is what it is...it has nothing to

do with Dhoni more with the ground level resources of BCCI

Edited by maniac

Dravid n ganguly were dropped to get younger n fitter players so fielding gets better and also running btw wkts

Again post 2011, he said very clearly he wants younger player in Aus for 2015 as grounds are bigger

Kohli interview- where he said during 2013Ct, dhoni said he wants india to be best fielding side

also BTW i wrote fitness ahead of kohli 

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Did you really not understand or chose to ignore?

If Dhoni is the proxy captain...why were nerves there? Shouldn’t he have calmed the nerves down?

Again read, he is helping captain not being the captain

Kohli is the captain .......its just he takes his help specially when he wants to field in outfield. Doesnt he do that with RCB. 

Dhoni was always a good captain to spinners so if he can speak to spinners why not, i dnt see u blaming tendulkar for standing at mid off helping bowler

Oh make no mistake kohli is the captain, being conservative ,backing oldies....that was not dhoni its kohli only .

in Tests-maybe 2012 tak

agreed

in T20s-2010 tak

Agreed

even though he was just adequate and his captaincy wasn’t as revolutionary as you make it out to be. 

M not making it revolutionary or using that word n please allow me to have authority on my opinions and words

Just now, maniac said:

This is not specifically for you as there are a specific limitations with the understanding...that is ok

but there was a whole culture shift among the youngsters coming in 2000 onwards...Rohit,Kohli Rahane etc etc were gun ground  fielders from day 1...Hell even Fast bowlers like Umesh Yadav and dare I say even Vijay Kumar where world class fielders.

Now if someone is naturally unathhletic like Shami than it is what it is...it has nothing to

do with Dhoni more with the ground level resources of BCCI

Congrats for making a post for first time in your life that doesn't include your magic words such as "Bot,lunge,grammar and gibberish". 

Question was...Name any other players other than Yuvi and Kaif who were great fielders under Ganguly.. For that you replied "

But there was whole culture shift among the youngsters coming in 2000 onwards" :facepalm: