Rishabh Pant blasts second fastest century in T20 history

sergio04

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Keeping is about muscle memory and lower back & glutes strength. he is 19. Needs 2-3 years minimum to build on the muscle memory and strengthen his body. He does not have the physique of deKock, so i'd imagine it'd take till he is 23-24 before he is ready to be a fulltime keeper in international cricket.

Not sure what you are speaking off. I only understand one thing as long as someone is holding all his catches and can keep against turning ball thats good enough flr a keepar. And as far as i have seen him in recently concluded Ranji he did well.

Just now, raki05 said:

Not sure what you are speaking off. I only understand one thing as long as someone is holding all his catches and can keep against turning ball thats good enough flr a keepar. And as far as i have seen him in recently concluded Ranji he did well.

Its a far cry being able to keep to random no-name spinners on a regulation Ranji track and keeping to the likes of Jaddu or Ash on a square turner or a crumbler. 

Rishabh is barely adequate at FC level as a keeper. Which is to be expected from a 19 year old. Why the heck are Indians like you, RKT etc. so hell-bent on destroying prime talents by over-exposure too early ?

Do you lots forget what happened to Pappu ?

There is no harm in waiting till Rishabh is fully developed as a keeper-batsman and giving him his debut at 23-24 years of age. 

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

Sure. But Dhoni is one of the safest catchers ever as a keeper. his reliability in catching is Adam Gillchrist level. 

Those two and every other top wicketkeeper is/ was because of hands and feet work not great glutes 

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Kohli was so great that he got dropped. Yuvraj was so skillful that he averaged 30 half the decade after debut.

Pant and Kishen should have been brought into the test side right about now after being in the scheme of things for 2 years since 2015 in LOIs.

It is not good for a 20 year old keeper to start his career in the super tough conditions in  overseas tests  right away...unfortunately they are still no where even close to start in LOIs.

Not a good sign...we are still trying Parthiv Patel’s and DKs of the world :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Because it isn't good. He is barely adequate at the moment, which is very very far from being good. 

I did watch the Ranji final in snippets. Rishabh is reactionary, trying to read the bowler off the pitch. ie, that is to be expected from a 19 year old, but to be a GOOD keeper, he has to learn to pick bowlers from the hand. 

He needs 2-3 years to develop as a top level keeper. Otherwise, he does not deserve the job of a keeper.

Make sure you watch ranji final.. You shouldn't miss that master piece "cowcorner" hacking. Will put Maxwell and Afridi to shame..

Just now, Rasgulla said:

Make sure you watch ranji final.. You shouldn't miss that master piece "cowcorner" hacking. Will put Maxwell and Afridi to shame..

I dont care about Rishabh's batting when discussing wicketkeeping. 

If he isnt Dhoni/Saha level behind the stumps, he doesnt deserve to play behind the stumps. Simple. 
If he is the second-comming of Sehwag, he can earn his spot due to his batting alone, like Adam Gillchrist did early in his career.

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Sure. But Dhoni is one of the safest catchers ever as a keeper. his reliability in catching is Adam Gillchrist level. 

Man o man do you watch matches or just came up with an agenda to bash a youngster and singing bravery of dhoni. Catching is at adam gilchrist level. Just for you sir  "Bhains ki puch sidhi gend nahi pakadte yaar" these are not my word its nehra ji word and there are ample of example like that only if you have watched the matches with eyes open rather  than worshiping him with your eyes closed while he was passing catches for slip fielders.

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

great glutes and lower back strength is what keeps your feet moving after 80 overs of crouching. 

Rishabh has to develop more. Its just that simple.

Never heard any professional international wicketkeeper being told ...sorry you can't get picked because we think your glutes and lower back muscles are not at a level we want.  

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

I will take that over pointless lunging  and consolidating...in fact that is exactly what we need in T20s.

Always knew you are a big Afridi fan.. Good for you..at the end of the day it doesn't matter what you think :rock:  cause He ll get away bashing some nobody.. He can't hack INTl cricket by hitting everything on one side of the pitch and he is nowhere near sceme of things after the mess be made against WI. He should be blaming himself but no one.. Kohli thinks he isn't ready...Hence "Dropped"

Edited by Rasgulla
Just now, Tattieboy said:

Never heard any professional international wicketkeeper being told ...sorry you can't get picked because we think your glutes and lower back muscles are not at a level we want.  

Thats because people dont usually pick 19 year olds who havn't finished developing their frames like people here want.  By the time wicketkeepers are debuting, they usually have this figured out, as they are not kids, but 21-24 years old.

2 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Man o man do you watch matches or just came up with an agenda to bash a youngster and singing bravery of dhoni. Catching is at adam gilchrist level. Just for you sir  "Bhains ki puch sidhi gend nahi pakadte yaar" these are not my word its nehra ji word and there are ample of example like that only if you have watched the matches with eyes open rather  than worshiping him with your eyes closed while he was passing catches for slip fielders.

his reliability in catching is Adam Gillchrist level. ie, since Gillchrist, Dhoni is the one who has least amount of 'pops out of his glove' drops/fails to snag it.

His catching overall is not Gillchrist level, because he does not go horizontal leap in front of 1st slip like Gilly did/Saha does. 

I know what Dhoni's limitations are as a keeper. And even with those limitations, he is miles and miles ahead of anyone not named Saha from India. 

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I dont care about Rishabh's batting when discussing wicketkeeping. 

If he isnt Dhoni/Saha level behind the stumps, he doesnt deserve to play behind the stumps. Simple. 
If he is the second-comming of Sehwag, he can earn his spot due to his batting alone, like Adam Gillchrist did early in his career.

Selectors think he is nowhere near close.. That's why he wasn't picked as a WK. That's the end of it.

8 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Its a far cry being able to keep to random no-name spinners on a regulation Ranji track and keeping to the likes of Jaddu or Ash on a square turner or a crumbler. 

Rishabh is barely adequate at FC level as a keeper. Which is to be expected from a 19 year old. Why the heck are Indians like you, RKT etc. so hell-bent on destroying prime talents by over-exposure too early ?

Do you lots forget what happened to Pappu ?

There is no harm in waiting till Rishabh is fully developed as a keeper-batsman and giving him his debut at 23-24 years of age. 

So who did dhoni keep before coming to international. Ash, jaddu and dhoni all are product of the same system. Dhoni was not next coming to gilchrist ehile he debut. Pant has already played 2 ranji season and no one is asking him to keep in test matches. Everyone is asking to give him or any other young kerper chance to acclimatise with international cricket through t20 or odis.

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Thats because people dont usually pick 19 year olds who havn't finished developing their frames like people here want.  By the time wicketkeepers are debuting, they usually have this figured out, as they are not kids, but 21-24 years old.

Are you a BCCI administrator or selector how doesn't like young talent?  

If he is best wicketkeeper / batsman then he plays 

Just now, raki05 said:

So who did dhoni keep before coming to international. Ash, jaddu and dhoni all are product of the same system. Dhoni was not next coming to gilchrist ehile he debut. Pant has already played 2 ranji season and no one is asking him to keep in test matches. Everyone is asking to give him or any other young kerper chance to acclimatise with international cricket through t20 or odis.

Ok. If you think Pant/Kishan should play a dead rubber T20/LOI for like 2-3 international matches per year for the next 3-4 years, i have no problems with that. Anything more than that, and its too much too soon from a nation that has ZERO credibility in nurturing talent and not overwhelming them too early.

1 minute ago, Tattieboy said:

Are you a BCCI administrator or selector how doesn't like young talent?  

If he is best wicketkeeper / batsman then he plays 

Show me how many keeper-bats debut at 19-21 years of age in history fo cricket. 

If his body isn't ready, it isn't ready. Indians like you specialize in breaking young talents like we have over the past 20 years, its time to think like the Aussies and not rush our kids.

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

his reliability in catching is Adam Gillchrist level. ie, since Gillchrist, Dhoni is the one who has least amount of 'pops out of his glove' drops/fails to snag it.

His catching overall is not Gillchrist level, because he does not go horizontal leap in front of 1st slip like Gilly did/Saha does. 

I know what Dhoni's limitations are as a keeper. And even with those limitations, he is miles and miles ahead of anyone not named Saha from India. 

And you expect that anyone who ll ever debut should have same skill set which a 15 year ecperience grown ass man have? What a logic.

Just now, Muloghonto said:

Show me how many keeper-bats debut at 19-21 years of age in history fo cricket. 

If his body isn't ready, it isn't ready. Indians like you specialize in breaking young talents like we have over the past 20 years, its time to think like the Aussies and not rush our kids.

It's fashion these days to hype people up.. Before him it was Samson.. Since he is nowhere near the sceme of things its Pant now.. Tomorrow they ll find someone else :flute: