Virat Kohli : worst captain in international cricket ever ?

Muloghonto

1 minute ago, fineleg said:

@King Tendulkar

dsr - you are just blindly defending vk and shaz when those two are the chief of worst team management, horrible strategy and team selections. Shaz should be removed and VK should be a batsman and not Test captain.

There is no alternative. Atleast a better coach would have added some sense to his madness. 

Shastri has to go. Kohli stays

Kohli-Moody- 2050 @Cricketics

4 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Going with 4 fast bowlers isn’t wrong move. Not that our spinners win us game overseas. What is wrong is the choice of fast bowlers.

However, our current situation is problematic for anyone selecting the team. We have a trio of fast bowlers who bowled well in the first test and had to be retained for this test from

the chocie of bowlers we have in the squad.  Then we have Bhuvi(my personal favorite) who hasn’t played much test cricket due to injury, did not eben play thw warm up game, so the best bet was to play Umesh in this instance as he is part of home tests regularly and has been picked only because of the pace of the pitch. There is a reason why he wasn’t played last game because he is not our best bowler by any means, he was only picked here seeing the pitch.

We all need to understand that and calm down. Game isn’t over.

let’s go india.

Dude you need to stop the one-eyed blanket support of Virat.  How in the world can you justify picking Umesh ahead of both Bhuvi and Jadeja?  This is not a Johannesburg mamba, Virat got it wrong.  And its a glaring error.  

If Bhuvi wasn't 100% then Jadeja should have played.  Its not rocket science.  This is right up there with picking Raina ahead of Pujara, Rohit ahead of Rahane/Pujara etc.  An avoidable own-goal of a selection error.  

This type of selection is probably one of the major conflicts between Kumble and Virat - I'm not going to give Kumble a blank check here, he has his own share of responsibility for failing to make it work with Virat.  But obviously Virat wanted full control and the ability to push such retard selections through.  

Virat owns this selection blunder.  Just as he owns the previous ones in SA and England.  

12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Dude you need to stop the one-eyed blanket support of Virat.  How in the world can you justify picking Umesh ahead of both Bhuvi and Jadeja?  This is not a Johannesburg mamba, Virat got it wrong.  And its a glaring error.  

If Bhuvi wasn't 100% then Jadeja should have played.  Its not rocket science.  This is right up there with picking Raina ahead of Pujara, Rohit ahead of Rahane/Pujara etc.  An avoidable own-goal of a selection error.  

This type of selection is probably one of the major conflicts between Kumble and Virat - I'm not going to give Kumble a blank check here, he has his own share of responsibility for failing to make it work with Virat.  But obviously Virat wanted full control and the ability to push such retard selections through.  

Virat owns this selection blunder.  Just as he owns the previous ones in SA and England.  

I wanted Jadeja from the start if you have been reading my posts for this series. I also wanted Bhuvi ahead of Umesh if you know the history of me supporting Bhuvi over Umesh. 

Read the first para again. The choice of fast bowlers is wrong.

Being a fast bowling fast, I rather habe four fast bowlers any day of playing a spinner in good bowling conditons. 

our problem is we have cannon fodders like Ishant and Umesh in the team for a while who bowl inconsistently on regular basis. 

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I wanted Jadeja from the start if you have been reading my posts for this series. I also wanted Bhuvi ahead of Umesh if you know the history of me supporting Bhuvi over Umesh. 

Read the first para again. The choice of fast bowlers is wrong.

Being a fast bowling fast, I rather habe four fast bowlers any day of playing a spinner in good bowling conditons. 

our problem is we have cannon fodders like Ishant and Umesh in the team for a while who bowl inconsistently on regular basis. 

If "you wanted Jadeja" from the beginning, why are you defending the choice for 4 fast bowlers.  Its a blatantly wrong call.  Being a "fan" of fast bowling should not drive crucial team selection decisions, neither should some sort of half-assed Delhi "aggro" mentality from a skipper who has proven himself to be a very poor analytical thinker and decision maker on test cricket.  

16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Also knce the llayers are licked, I won’t crib and moan and support all as to me Umesh is still a decent option even though not my favorite. I back the captains always, and that is my tone always. It has stayed like this forever for both Dhoni and Ganguly too and Dravid for that matter when they were captains. May be you were not there on the forum pre 2011. Once game starts I won’t post filth and cry about so and so go player got it wrong, I like to alk the positives mainly amid major troubles. Same was my tone dueing Dhoni era. Yes we have to recognize our favorites are not picked, but then can’t talks same stuff in every thread. You are reading from a different aspect while I support and backnup the players picked. 

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

If "you wanted Jadeja" from the beginning, why are you defending the choice for 4 fast bowlers.  Its a blatantly wrong call.  Being a "fan" of fast bowling should not drive crucial team selection decisions, neither should some sort of half-assed Delhi "aggro" mentality from a skipper who has proven himself to be a very poor analytical thinker and decision maker on test cricket.  

I feel we can win with four fast bowlers too as we can win with 3+1 spinner. Lets see how the game rolls. That said, Jadje might have given us a better performance yesterday I feel and we could have had then

may be 8 down, who knows.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yes we have to recognize our favorites are not picked, but then can’t talks same stuff in every thread

Dude, you know that if anything, Bhuvi is the guy I'm biased about.  But I was pushing for Jaddu ahead of him regardless.  So its not about favorites.  And its not about 'not supporting the team'.  Its about expressing frustration with a repeated pattern of stupid selections.  

I agree with you about supporting the team in general, and the tendency on ICF to bitch and moan, for and against our pet players.  I don't indulge in that.  This is bigger than that.  Virat's selection *-ups have cost us away test wins, if not series wins.  That's a major problem.  One can criticize the current captain while supporting him. 

5 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I feel we can win with four fast bowlers too as we can win with 3+1 spinner. Lets see how the game rolls. That said, Jadje might have given us a better performance yesterday I feel and we could have had then

may be 8 down, who knows.

No.  that's 100% wrong.  In Australia, you have to plan to bowl 100 overs per innings.  You CANNOT expect to do that, with 4 fast bowlers.  Its wrong across the board.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Dude, you know that if anything, Bhuvi is the guy I'm biased about.  But I was pushing for Jaddu ahead of him regardless.  So its not about favorites.  And its not about 'not supporting the team'.  Its about expressing frustration with a repeated pattern of stupid selections.  

I agree with you about supporting the team in general, and the tendency on ICF to bitch and moan, for and against our pet players.  I don't indulge in that.  This is bigger than that.  Virat's selection *-ups have cost us away test wins, if not series wins.  That's a major problem.  One can criticize the current captain while supporting him. 

I wanted to see  Bhuvi from game 1, but not seeing him in the warm up game confirmed to me that he is surely not starting the series and who knows, might not even play till 3rd test. That is what happened.

Unless we say bye bye to Ishant and Shami is injured, its hard to image Bhuvi playing when we play 3+1. I can see Umesh getting dropped again next test and one spinner coming for him. I do not see Ishant and Shami being dropped unless they are injured. 

My attack would have been -Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I wanted to see  Bhuvi from game 1, but not seeing him in the warm up game confirmed to me that he is surely not starting the series and who knows, might not even play till 3rd test. That is what happened.

Unless we say bye bye to Ishant and Shami is injured, its hard to image Bhuvi playing when we play 3+1. I can see Umesh getting dropped again next test and one spinner coming for him. I do not see Ishant and Shami being dropped unless they are injured. 

My attack would have been -Bhuvi, Bumrah, Shami, Jadeja.

On this pitch sure but Bhuvi on all pitches won’t work.

1 minute ago, Global.Baba said:

On this pitch sure but Bhuvi on all pitches won’t work.

Bhuvi is a much smarter bowler than any of them. He will do fine on any track in the world. He will have bad days like anyone, but he is our with the most accuracy rate. Him, Bumra, Shami will make up a good attsck provided Shami is not limping like 80 year old. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Bhuvi is a much smarter bowler than any of them. He will do fine on any track in the world. He will have bad days like anyone, but he is our with the most accuracy rate. Him, Bumra, Shami will make up a good attsck provided Shami is not limping like 80 year old. 

Bhuvi on the old Perth would have been Warner-Vinny 2.0. This grassy one sure. Bhuvi has a spot and role in the side but shouldn’t play every game. 

In SC I will pick Umesh and Ishant every time over him on a dusty track

6 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Bhuvi on the old Perth would have been Warner-Vinny 2.0. This grassy one sure. Bhuvi has a spot and role in the side but shouldn’t play every game. 

In SC I will pick Umesh and Ishant every time over him on a dusty track

Ishant in subcontinent? His average of 34 will shoot to 45.