"Virat Kohli plays the Ugly Indian. " - Tunku Varadarajan

sandeep

18 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Of course they wouldnt have insights.

The only people that can afford to live/work/settle abroad have a certain amount of wealth. They're already disconnected from the ground reality while living in india, and once they live abroad, the disconnect only widens. Suddenly, they're having to rely on the 'objective' opinions of goras, and their own imaginations.

Dude, remind me to engage with you again.  You have original POVs.

I don't agree that Indians abroad are totally disconnected from Indian ground reality - that may be true (I felt it when I was abroad for a long time) but overtly harsh.

The below is pretty damn close to being brilliantly expressed.

Uniquely Indian opinion doesn't exist on the world stage. Its absurd when you think about it - a country of a billion people can't give an opinion on the world thru their own eyes. India has no BBC or CNN, not even a CCTV or an Al-jazeera. No newspaper covering global issues with an indian editorial point of view. India should be able to argue its case, on issues ranging from climate change to fair trade, thru its media, but it fails to do so.

Part of this is because our commitment to 'secularism' hasn't defined what an indian opinion is, and when the elites of the country are influenced by outside opinions when commenting on the reality of india, they're misleading many others with shitty articles like these. The anti-BCCI sentiment comes from the same place.

But the below is IMO facile, didactic and going overboard, C'mon..

It should be obvious by now that if goras are agreeing with you, you are wrong.

25 minutes ago, BeardedAladdin said:

Dravid, sachin and laxman were fierce competitors, no different from kohli. They played their hearts out for india.

Not everybody has to be the same. Just let people be themselves.

True. But there are some fixable attitude issues that will help him in the long run. He doesn't have to answer even legitimate questions in a condescending way. Like for instance his reference to SA's record in India has no relevance to our debacle in SA. They are not related. I have not seen any players showing dissent with Kohli . By the time he retires we will come to know. His aggression definitely helps his batting. May be that is how he revs him up. He can be super nice when needed. In the interview he shows that .

This is our India where a writer who questions someone’s attitude and compares it to the attitude of whole city or state and stereotypes them gets patted on the back for how well he has written and compared.

Same folks i have noticed also lack the sense of humor and get offended by every little joke on tv on our country or religion. Some people take life too seriously.

There is nothing wrong in with Kohli, ehats wrong is with one’s judgement. People within India are very judgemental.