Shubman Gill is a World Cup 2019 prospect, should be picked for England tour

Cricketics

13 hours ago, rkt.india said:

he was batting like a dream in that 25/22 balls, got out to a rubbish half tracker from Gopal, hit straight to the fielder.

there are too many players who bat like a dream for pretty 20s and 30s. needs to kick on. in both knocks, he got out trying to over-dominate the bowling.

Bump. Anyway we can throw him in at 5? Bound to be better than Raina atleast. Our youngest batsman in the team is a whopping 26 years old and we need a bit more youthful exuberance. No need to give him the test cap so soon. But we have debuted batsmen very young in the past . SRT,Ganguly,Yuvraj,Kaif,Sehwag,Kohli, Rohit, Raina all made their debuts when they were 20 or less in ODI's . Sometimes these exceptionally talented guys can dramatically increase their learning curve by playing international cricket. He can always go back to domestic if he fails initially.

Edited by Nikhil_cric
Just now, Nikhil_cric said:

Bump. Anyway we can throw him in at 5? Bound to be better than Raina atleast. Our youngest batsman in the team is a whopping 26 years old and we need a bit more youthful exuberance. No need to give him the test cap so soon. But we have debuted batsmen very young in the past . SRT,Ganguly,Yuvraj,Kaif,Sehwag,Kohli, Rohit, Raina all made their debuts when they were 20 or less in ODI's . Sometimes these exceptionally talented guys can dramatically increase their learning curve by playing international cricket. He can always go back to domestic if he fails initially.

Another place where Dhoni has had a negative influence on our cricket. We've stopped being a young team under him, he'd rather play oldies or his best mates (at CSK) than give chances to deserving youngsters. Kohli is also doing the same, where's the new players replacing the old guard? If it weren't for Kumble there'd be no Kuldeep today, Kohli by doing his idiotic tap dance (playing Dhoni or Sharma, in tests) is destroying the future of Indian cricket. The talent pool we have will be utterly wasted by the time some of these guys retire, if they retire :yousuck:

6 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Another place where Dhoni has had a negative influence on our cricket. We've stopped being a young team under him, he'd rather play oldies or his best mates (at CSK) than give chances to deserving youngsters. Kohli is also doing the same, where's the new players replacing the old guard? If it weren't for Kumble there'd be no Kuldeep today, Kohli by doing his idiotic tap dance (playing Dhoni or Sharma, in tests) is destroying the future of Indian cricket. The talent pool we have will be utterly wasted by the time some of these guys retire, if they retire :yousuck:

TBH Dhoni used to give chances to youngsters a lot unlike Kohli's love for TTF

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Finally, its happening. Wanted him for England tour so he can get to world cup team somehow. But I guess its still not too late. 

He can be our number 4. 

probably a bit too late. have a feeling that rayudu, karthik/jadhav and Dhoni will end up playing at 4 to 6 in the WC squad, with Pandya/Jaddu at 7. I'm not saying it's my pick - just that the TM seems to favour oldies with greybeards and no gas in the tank.

49 minutes ago, Vijy said:

probably a bit too late. have a feeling that rayudu, karthik/jadhav and Dhoni will end up playing at 4 to 6 in the WC squad, with Pandya/Jaddu at 7. I'm not saying it's my pick - just that the TM seems to favour oldies with greybeards and no gas in the tank.

No, the fact they chose Gill sjows they are open to make changes to the line up otherwise they won’t have picked a youngster just few months away from the world cup.

I hope Gill does well in Nz and then at home to make his way to the world cup team.

I can see him getting picked like Kohli got picked for 2011 world cup after scoring in South Africa 2011 ODI’s right before world cup in 2011.

Gill has a chance here to make it to England.