budget 2018

FischerTal

1 minute ago, FischerTal said:

Rural voters don't watch English media, so not an accurate assessment 

Rural India will only vote when the benefits will reach them not on promises

Anyway Arnab get trp of republic from middle class not from rural India , If he will try to sell something which middle class don't like then his trp will get hurt

Just now, Singh bling said:

Rural India will only vote when the benefits will reach them not on promises

Anyway Arnab get trp of republic from middle class not from rural India , If he will try to sell something which middle class don't like then his trp will get hurt

Can't you tell from budget this whole year will be dedicated to them? 

3 minutes ago, FischerTal said:

Can't you tell from budget this whole year will be dedicated to them? 

In 2015 or 16 when Govt was labelled as Suit boot ki sarkar then Pro rural budget was tabelled and BJP said that it is dhoti gamchche ki sarkar , what happened to that ? 

So far most of budgets of this government were called as pro rural 

8 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

In 2015 or 16 when Govt was labelled as Suit boot ki sarkar then Pro rural budget was tabelled and BJP said that it is dhoti gamchche ki sarkar , what happened to that ? 

So far most of budgets of this government were called as pro rural 

This is not just a pro rural budget. It's an only rural budget. They are throwing everything behind this votebank. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/thankfully-only-1-more-year-to-go-rahul-gandhi-on-modi-governments-2018-budget/articleshow/62743524.cms

'Thankfully, only 1 more year to go': Rahul Gandhi on Modi government's 2018 Budget

"4 years gone; still promising FARMERS a fair price. 4 years gone; FANCY SCHEMES, with NO matching budgets. 4 years gone; no JOBS for our YOUTH. Thankfully, only 1 more year to go," he said in a tweet.

"This Budget is nothing but eyewash", Congress leader Manish Tewari said, adding that the government has attempted to pay "lip service" to the farmer and marginalised sections of the society.

"If the government was truly serious and committed to the welfare of the society and farmers, then this is the budget they have presented in 2014-15 when they had full five years to be able to implement whatever mandate the people have given them", said Tewari.

Edited by chapetmarunga

Instead of moving to UK / Scandinavian countries we are moving towards US style one which has one of the worst access in the developed world. Med insurance will only be available at district hosp / tertiary hosp so it will be far too away from poor & villagers. So its another jumla. Expect full on loot by insurance comp while poor get duped.

Here's BJP people calling it as Obamacare. Yes cuz Obamacare was so great ? LOL.

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/budget-2018-modi-national-health-protection-scheme-will-surpass-obamacare-in-budget-for-new-india-bjp-5047586/

Why are none of our economists aware of the current situations ?

Edited by chapetmarunga

6 hours ago, chapetmarunga said:

Instead of moving to UK / Scandinavian countries we are moving towards US style one which has one of the worst access in the developed world. Med insurance will only be available at district hosp / tertiary hosp so it will be far too away from poor & villagers. So its another jumla. Expect full on loot by insurance comp while poor get duped.

Here's BJP people calling it as Obamacare. Yes cuz Obamacare was so great ? LOL.

http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/budget-2018-modi-national-health-protection-scheme-will-surpass-obamacare-in-budget-for-new-india-bjp-5047586/

Why are none of our economists aware of the current situations ?

Health Insurance is just a jumla for most poor people.Even a highly educated person need to spend hour knowing what is covered and what is not , Moreover will this insurance will be cashless or reimbursement type ? what age group they will cover ? Will maternity expenses will be covered?? 

In 2016 I was hospitalized and on first day my brother showed them cashless card which they say will be fine but they need to confirm it , for three days my brother was going to office to know the status , atlast when my day of  discharge come we asked to speed up the procedure , to our horror they told us that the cashless card is now not valid as their tie up is now broken but we can claim reimbursement , so my brother has to pay  the bill through card.After my hospitalization with barely half recovered my first thing to do was to fo all paperwork , thankfully we got all the refund .

If anyone really think that most poor people who could barely read or write can do all that then all the best to them for their dreams

The big problem with sops for the middle class. 5% of the population actually pay taxes. So you are looking at a salaried class earning more than 2.5 lakhs.

Our friend 1983-2011 needs to realize that Congress are not even number 2 in the municipal corporations of Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata ,Chennai and Hyderabad. Only in Bangalore they are currently number 2. I am not even talking about lok sabha. Keep dreaming about winning. In Mumbai the battle is between Sena and BJP. Congress not even in picture.

a very politically shrewd move IMO.

so basically 7.28% of tax payers  who form in total 1.7% of the total population are crying that their slabs have not been reduced.

Quite frankly the majority of the middle classes barely pay any taxes. If I earn 5 lakhs I pay around Rs 12,500 in direct taxes. or around 2.5% of my income basically 

and your complaining that you have not received relief? 

stfu up already. Want roads what everything...dont want to pay.

http://www.timesnownews.com/business-economy/personal-finance/tax/article/budget-2018-no-tax-till-rs-5-lakh-income-will-fm-jaitley-walk-the-talk/189083

It may be recalled that during campaigning ahead of the Lok Sabha polls in 2014, Jaitley had asked a raise in the income tax ceiling from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh, which he claimed will benefit thirty million people.

Advocating low tax structure during a roadshow in Amritsar, the BJP leader had said that direct tax should be reduced, with the income-tax limit to be raised from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh.

“The savings in the pockets of ordinary person by reducing ceiling on income tax will lead to increased purchase which in turn will lead to increased VAT and Excise Duty thereby increasing the revenue,” Jaitley had said.

9 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Health Insurance is just a jumla for most poor people.Even a highly educated person need to spend hour knowing what is covered and what is not , Moreover will this insurance will be cashless or reimbursement type ? what age group they will cover ? Will maternity expenses will be covered?? 

In 2016 I was hospitalized and on first day my brother showed them cashless card which they say will be fine but they need to confirm it , for three days my brother was going to office to know the status , atlast when my day of  discharge come we asked to speed up the procedure , to our horror they told us that the cashless card is now not valid as their tie up is now broken but we can claim reimbursement , so my brother has to pay  the bill through card.After my hospitalization with barely half recovered my first thing to do was to fo all paperwork , thankfully we got all the refund .

If anyone really think that most poor people who could barely read or write can do all that then all the best to them for their dreams

IIRC they have opened bank accounts for poor people. They should work on extending it as much as possible. Just deposit 1 lakh in each account & give them cards. These people can then swipe at hospitals & the amount gets paid and a bill is generated. That's that.