Surprised to see Thakur playing for india

gakgupta

13 hours ago, Khota said:

We clearly are watching something different.

H Kapil Dev Pandya Batting 8.66 ave Bowling 0.66 wkts/game. Reincarnation of Beefy.

Thakur 1 game same 4 wkts.

Would the team not be better off by playing a professional bowler or batsman rather than someone who is half bass in everything.

We clearly are watching different stuff.

Pandya has played 25 innings and he avg 29 

kapil dev after 25 innings avg 20 

Pandya has bowled in 37 innings where he got 39 wkts 

Kapil dev after 37 innings had 42 wkts

Kapil had 5 wkts in 7 games in SA

Hardik has 4 wkts in 6 games in SA

Diff 3 wkts and less avg

Now i hope u do understand that bowling in this era is far difficult and kapil dev had better quality. Kapil dev played as main bowler and pandya as 5th.

I think u really need to check ur stats , about his 8.66 avg on this Sa tour well let me show how other avg on their 1st Sa tour including some of ur fav batsman. 

Rohit - 18

Raina - 4

Yuvraj singh 13 ( he had kenya in that series )

dhawan - 6

GAmbhir 2.5

Kapil dev - 15 

Now these were all batsman, Panyda may have failed with bat but has bowled brllianltly in last 2 games so he still has contributed like a main player in 2 games. That what u get from an all rounder contribution in another if one dept fails 

No one beomes gr8 overnight , neither did the name we keep on saying 

PS: I dont smoke.

PS: u dont watch cricket....not at all . No wonder ur proved wrong again n again 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Thakur Saab is good but we deserve better, we need a genuine pacer who consistently bowls 140k+ in an about 2 to  6m length of the pitch with intact lines and punctuate it with good lengths, yorkers and surprised short quick ball targeting the head of the batter depending upon the match situation, at the moment we have bumrah doing the above with utmost precision, need another but thakur, saini can do it, but we are wasting him already 25 years of age :facepalm: 

Edited by speedheat
8 hours ago, Vijy said:

mostly a case of TINA. other spin-bowling allrounders are equally toothless with the ball and can't score fast enough. as for pace allrounders, options include stuart binny and rishi dhawan. only real possibility is shankar, but his bowling is crap.

Stuart Binny was as bad as they come. He had some powerful backers. I am disappointed in Dhawan but last good one was I think was Bhatia if memory serves me right. Honestly speaking it has to be a coaching decision but time to get away from ths all rounder concept. They do not exist. Need either a proper bowler to put pressure or a proper batsman to put runs. This half ass approach is getting no where.

8 hours ago, Khota said:

With Pandya you neither have a batsman nor a bowler.

This is just your short term vision. You will never get readymade world class player good in both aspects of his game. He has done and shown enough that he is worth investing. A young batsman whose job is to just come in and blast because we have Dhoni on the other end taking his own sweet time will always have more failures than successes.  At that, he is always in a lose-lose situation. You play slow like Dhoni, you will get criticized. You try to hit and gets out, you will still be criticized. I am fine till he bata with right intent. He is going to fail. Thing is a team is already doomed if it depends on #7 batsman to do miracles. We will have worry more about 4-5 at this point.

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Thakur Saab is good but we deserve better, we need a genuine pacer who consistently bowls 140k+ in an about 2 to  6m length of the pitch with intact lines and punctuate it with by good lengths, yorkers and surprised short quick ball targeting the head of the batter depending upon the match situation, at the moment we have bumrah doing the above with utmost precision, need another but thakur, saini can do it, but we are wasting him already 25 years of age :facepalm: 

2-4 meter is half volley. It is more like 4-8 meters. 6-8 is good length. 4-6 is fuller than good length mostly swing bowlers bowl.

3 minutes ago, Khota said:

Stuart Binny was as bad as they come. He had some powerful backers. I am disappointed in Dhawan but last good one was I think was Bhatia if memory serves me right. Honestly speaking it has to be a coaching decision but time to get away from ths all rounder concept. They do not exist. Need either a proper bowler to put pressure or a proper batsman to put runs. This half ass approach is getting no where.

You can't have a proper batsman at 7. No team does. 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Pandya has played 25 innings and he avg 29 

kapil dev after 25 innings avg 20 

Pandya has bowled in 37 innings where he got 39 wkts 

Kapil dev after 37 innings had 42 wkts

Kapil had 5 wkts in 7 games in SA

Hardik has 4 wkts in 6 games in SA

Diff 3 wkts and less avg

Now i hope u do understand that bowling in this era is far difficult and kapil dev had better quality. Kapil dev played as main bowler and pandya as 5th.

I think u really need to check ur stats , about his 8.66 avg on this Sa tour well let me show how other avg on their 1st Sa tour including some of ur fav batsman. 

Rohit - 18

Raina - 4

Yuvraj singh 13 ( he had kenya in that series )

dhawan - 6

GAmbhir 2.5

Kapil dev - 15 

Now these were all batsman, Panyda may have failed with bat but has bowled brllianltly in last 2 games so he still has contributed like a main player in 2 games. That what u get from an all rounder contribution in another if one dept fails 

No one beomes gr8 overnight , neither did the name we keep on saying 

PS: u dont watch cricket....not at all . No wonder ur proved wrong again n again 

Once again for the millionth time quoting cricket averages are meaningless. They are done incorrectly. They do not know how to do averages.

What is meaningful and relevant data is that Pandaya only scored 8 runs per innings.

Another meaningful data point is that he had almost only 0.6 wkts per innings.

You call that great and I call that crap. 

Please keep the topic strictly to Pnadya and we can discuss others later. Cherry picking data to suit your convenince is nonsense. The only relevant information one can discern is that if you want to call him a batsman then 8 runs is a fail. If you want to call him a bowler than 0.6 wkts per game is a fail.

Now tell me exactly again how does he walk on water?

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This is just your short term vision. You will never get readymade world class player good in both aspects of his game. He has done and shown enough that he is worth investing. A young batsman whose job is to just come in and blast because we have Dhoni on the other end taking his own sweet time will always have more failures than successes.  At that, he is always in a lose-lose situation. You play slow like Dhoni, you will get criticized. You try to hit and gets out, you will still be criticized. I am fine till he bata with right intent. He is going to fail. Thing is a team is already doomed if it depends on #7 batsman to do miracles. We will have worry more about 4-5 at this point.

If you step to play for India you should not be a trainee. If you are not close to a finished player than you are not ready. Pandya is not ready.

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

Once again for the millionth time quoting cricket averages are meaningless. They are done incorrectly. They do not know how to do averages.

What is meaningful and relevant data is that Pandaya only scored 8 runs per innings.

Another meaningful data point is that he had almost only 0.6 wkts per innings.

You call that great and I call that crap. 

Please keep the topic strictly to Pnadya and we can discuss others later. Cherry picking data to suit your convenince is nonsense. The only relevant information one can discern is that if you want to call him a batsman then 8 runs is a fail. If you want to call him a bowler than 0.6 wkts per game is a fail.

Now tell me exactly again how does he walk on water?

u basically have no argument n neither have u watched cricket to know that it takes everyone to mature n become better

What these stats show is that pandya has done no worse then other infact better then others

If pandya only scored 8 runs per innings then over all till 25 inning he has scored 9 more runs then kapil every innigs and their isnt much of diff wkts

He performed in game in test series and 2 games in Odi , rohit sharma has performed one game in entire tour so explain going by ur logic how can rohit sharma hold his place in the side as well 

Rahane has performed only in one game , ok lets last as half...again pandya has bowled exceptionally well in last game 

He has done better then bhuvi as bowler in this Odi series

He has done as much infact more then rohit n rahane .............thats how he walks in team

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u basically have no argument n neither have u watched cricket to know that it takes everyone to mature n become better

What these stats show is that pandya has done no worse then other infact better then others

If pandya only scored 8 runs per innings then over all till 25 inning he has scored 9 more runs then kapil every innigs and their isnt much of diff wkts

He performed in game in test series and 2 games in Odi , rohit sharma has performed one game in entire tour so explain going by ur logic how can rohit sharma hold his place in the side as well 

Rahane has performed only in one game , ok lets last as half...again pandya has bowled exceptionally well in last game 

He has done better then bhuvi as bowler in this Odi series

He has done as much infact more then rohit n rahane .............thats how he walks in team

What more should I present to you. Right now if I can show you the sun during daytime your stance is such that you will call it a night.

8 runs is a fail.

0.66 wkts is a fail.

I understand Bhuvi has not done well but Bhuvi proved himself in tests. Pandya did not. Now if your argument is that Pandya is a better bowler than Bhuvi than I will totally disagree with you.

To prove your point you are going almost 30 years back when India had no pace bowler except kapli Dev and maybe Yuvraj Singhs father. Times have changed and India has plenty of options now so there is no need to settle for tried failures.

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

What more should I present to you. Right now if I can show you the sun during daytime your stance is such that you will call it a night.

8 runs is a fail.

0.66 wkts is a fail.

I understand Bhuvi has not done well but Bhuvi proved himself in tests. Pandya did not. Now if your argument is that Pandya is a better bowler than Bhuvi than I will totally disagree with you.

To prove your point you are going almost 30 years back when India had no pace bowler except kapli Dev and maybe Yuvraj Singhs father. Times have changed and India has plenty of options now so there is no need to settle for tried failures.

This was his first SA tour. Even the best of Indian players have struggled here. People are so quick to judge him. Of people like you had their say Kohli would have been rotting in domestic cricket at this point.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Are you serious, jaddu has already been tried for 130 ODIs and averages 35 and has won one games with the bat. Pandya has already done more.

Pandya was flat this time around. SA is vulnerable to spin and jaddu could have been effective.

Even before the tests started I mentioned India should go with 2/3 spin bowlers but everyone on this forum jumped on me.

First rule of winning any game is to create mismatches and go from there.

Spin creates a big mismatch for SA as was proven in ODI.

With Shastri at top dont expect any progressive thinking.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

This was his first SA tour. Even the best of Indian players have struggled here. People are so quick to judge him. Of people like you had their say Kohli would have been rotting in domestic cricket at this point.

Jumping to conclusions here. Always supported kohli as a batsman. He is my man.

Edited by Khota