Australia's Tour Of South Africa-Test Series discussion Thread

How good is ABD ? There are very few players who inspire kids and adults to play cricket. Sachin, Abd, Wasim, etc are few of them. Yet there are other players like dravid, dhoni, ganguly, ponting, Hayden, kallis, Bevan, etc (a long list) who are very good (performance wise even better sometimes) but still do not break the barrier to ignite the spark these other players do. ABD is one of them. A genius. No wonder he has a huge fanatic fan following in India where Cricket is a religion.

23 hours ago, DHONI_FANN said:

Indian commies are not that assertive for some reason. Especially Manjarekhar, he comes across as a timid personality. 

Manjrekar has always tried to be “impartial” and his way of being impartial is to bend over backwards to be pro non-Indians. 

Ravi Shastri and Gavaskar used to be the same way as well. I’m not sure when it changed for them (I suspect it had something to do with the bad blood during the Aussie tours, where Aussies would sledge all the time, and the moment Indians said something they would start complaining and whining, to the point where they complained about Sachin for the most minor of things). All the while McGrath was abusing everyone literally every ball, whether he was bowling or not. 

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Indian bowlers tamed AB as a baby gets....Why shouldnt we rate our test bowlers very highly??still grudge about the pathetic performance from our batsmen:argh:

They needed practice. It was a huge missed opportunity by the board to screw the team by not giving them practice opportunities. A couple of fewer ODIs against Sri Lanka wouldn’t have mattered at all. 

Also, bad decision to keep Rahane out. 

Indian bowling attack may not be the most intimidating. But it has a lot of interesting variety and bowling options. If I had to pick between an Indian or Australian lineup for a match to be played in a random location I’d pick the Indian lineup. If I knew the match was being played in Australia, or maybe England, I’d pick the Australian. 

Edited by addicted4444