Sri Lanka imposes state of emergency over communal violence

Singh bling

11 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

We (the atheists) are facing the same problem in Pakistan, where Muslims blame the Pakistani Atheists that they only attack and criticize Islam and never write or criticize Hinduism or Christianity. 

I am an atheist. I am an ex-Muslim. I studied Islam whole of my life, but I didn't study Hinduism or Christianity for even 1% of my life. Therefore, I could debate with Muslims, I could criticize Islam while I have knowledge about it, but I could not criticize Hinduism or Christianity while one need scholarly grip of issues for criticism. 

Have you seen any Indian ex-Muslim atheist? 

If there exist any such Indian ex-Muslim atheist, then you will see that he would be criticizing Islam all the time. 

I know one Indian ex-Muslim. His name is Syed Amjad Hussain. He was present with us on the Facebook group of freethinkers. He has written half a dozen books against Islam in Urdu. His 100% efforts were against Islam. He was also accused that he writes and criticizes only Islam, but not Hinduism. 

The ultimate fate of us (Seculars/Atheists) is this that:

* In Pakistan, Muslims blame us (the Seculars) as "traitor" of Pakistan, while we raise our voices for Pakistani Hindus and Pakistani minorities when the Mullahs oppress them for their religion. 

* In Israel again the Israeli Seculars/Atheists are blamed to be the "traitors" of Israel while they raise their voices for the rights of Palestinian people. 

* In US again the Seculars are blamed to be the "traitors" of US while they don't want the oppression of US Muslims and consider them too as humans. 

* In India too the Seculars are blamed to be the "traitors" of India while they stand against the radicalization and want equal rights for all. 

After giving up Islam, my priorities became such as "Humanity First".

And this Humanity comes above any religion and even any nationality. But this makes me "traitor" to Islam and as well as to the Pakistani State. It is demanded in name of "nationalism" that I defend all the wrong doings of Pakistani state too. 

Being an ex-muslim in Pakistan is like signing your own death warrant. Remember Mashal Khan. Watch your back, buddy. Keeping a low profile and not postering helps.

Edited by coffee_rules

13 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

We (the atheists) are facing the same problem in Pakistan, where Muslims blame the Pakistani Atheists that they only attack and criticize Islam and never write or criticize Hinduism or Christianity. 

I am an atheist. I am an ex-Muslim. I studied Islam whole of my life, but I didn't study Hinduism or Christianity for even 1% of my life. Therefore, I could debate with Muslims, I could criticize Islam while I have knowledge about it, but I could not criticize Hinduism or Christianity while one need scholarly grip of issues for criticism. 

If there exist any such Indian ex-Muslim atheist, then you will see that he would be criticizing Islam all the time. 

I know one Indian ex-Muslim. His name is Syed Amjad Hussain. He was present with us on the Facebook group of freethinkers. He has written half a dozen books against Islam in Urdu. His 100% efforts were against Islam. He was also accused that he writes and criticizes only Islam, but not Hinduism. 

* In Pakistan, Muslims blame us (the Seculars) as "traitor" of Pakistan, while we raise our voices for Pakistani Hindus and Pakistani minorities when the Mullahs oppress them for their religion. 

* In Israel again the Israeli Seculars/Atheists are blamed to be the "traitors" of Israel while they raise their voices for the rights of Palestinian people. 

* In US again the Seculars are blamed to be the "traitors" of US while they don't want the oppression of US Muslims and consider them too as humans. 

* In India too the Seculars are blamed to be the "traitors" of India while they stand against the radicalization and want equal rights for all. 

And this Humanity comes above any religion and even any nationality. But this makes me "traitor" to Islam and as well as to the Pakistani State. It is demanded in name of "nationalism" that I defend all the wrong doings of Pakistani state too. 

Pakistan is 97% Muslim , so what is left to criticise Hindu's or Christians?? They are not demanding separate nation , neitjer doing terrorism .Moreover is their any place in Pakistan where other Religions have muslims driven out.

2 hours ago, Turning_track said:

Many atheists hesitate because threat of life from twisted Muslims is much much more than the threat from extremist Hindus. 
Death for Kamlesh Tiwari has been demanded by hundreds of thousands of Muslims all over the country, while likes of Azam Khan & Owaisis roam freely & spread hate despite of living in a country with majority Hindu population. 
One of my friend used to be an admin of Facebook group with more than 65000+ members & I'm talking about 2011-12. He openly used to bash every religion, he used to receive quite a flak also. But after sometime he started receiving death threats as he told me, specifically from local Muslims. Fearful of his life he deactivated his FB account & was living like a recluse.

What kind of example Atheists are setting.Indirectly they are telling other Religions to be like islam .If they don't have balls to criticise most violent religion then don't go after other religions

On 3/8/2018 at 1:23 PM, MechEng said:

it's impossible to know since nobody from that era is alive today to tell the real story.

no its not, look at what happened to bamiyan statues or palmira under islamic rule. Islam obliterates extant culture on path to preeminence, and eventually destroys everything that reminds people of the past culture once on top, this has been proven in the past, notable exception being Egyptian Pyramids because of the scale of human heritage value.  

13 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Humanism should be a religion.  Call them humanist with no fundamental tenant other than no religion just science, justice equality and logic. This will protect liberals/progressives from rabid right wing fundamentalists.

In India Owaisi can threaten majority Hindus in a public gathering. He says that take away police for 15 mins and they would show Hindu's what they are made of. Stop giving examples of how atheists are growing in other countries. IN no other country are the SO-called atheists so shamelessly biased. To reduce the tension, you cannot go on beating 1 side just to appease the other. The example of pakistan is incomparable. Minorities absolutely have no voice in that country. In india we have presidents, PM, CMs, Bureaucrats, Celebrities, normal people, business men from minority communities who are as powerful as anyone in the country.  

Goal should be to support whatever is right and highlight whatever is wrong, without being conscious of which religion, castes, country it is from. Idea is to be better humans and ONLY atheism does not necessarily mean that. Atheism is also a fashion these days. 

34 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

In India Owaisi can threaten majority Hindus in a public gathering. He says that take away police for 15 mins and they would show Hindu's what they are made of. Stop giving examples of how atheists are growing in other countries. IN no other country are the SO-called atheists so shamelessly biased. To reduce the tension, you cannot go on beating 1 side just to appease the other. The example of pakistan is incomparable. Minorities absolutely have no voice in that country. In india we have presidents, PM, CMs, Bureaucrats, Celebrities, normal people, business men from minority communities who are as powerful as anyone in the country.  

Goal should be to support whatever is right and highlight whatever is wrong, without being conscious of which religion, castes, country it is from. Idea is to be better humans and ONLY atheism does not necessarily mean that. Atheism is also a fashion these days. 

Then this is weakness from the community he is threatening. As I’ve said before, to defeat a group of extremists you need your own extremists to defend you and give tit for tat if not worse.

Ok. so you want the bloody war because they are extremists and you want the other groups to also become like them

My issue though is that Atheists and p-seculars are only against Hindus in the fight against extremism. I have objection to that. I personally do not want any kind of extremism and I criticize not just 2 sides but all the sides who are promoting extremism, be it hindus or muslims or sikhs or whatever. I am not neutral because I am atheist but because that is the only right thing.

6 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Pakistan is 97% Muslim , so what is left to criticise Hindu's or Christians?? They are not demanding separate nation , neitjer doing terrorism .Moreover is their any place in Pakistan where other Religions have muslims driven out.

Yes, the minorities are helpless in Pakistan. But still this this not enough for the Muslim extremists. They want total humiliation of the minorities, to that extent where they accept Islam. Nothing is  accepted by the extremists which is less than this.  

I may be wrong, but still I feel that in India too, the extreme right wing Hindu agenda is somewhat the same ... that is to convert every Muslim and Christian and Atheist to Hinduism by force, by humiliating them in one way or other. They may not be so worse as the Muslims, but for sure all extremists have the same basic ideology where there exists no respect and space for the others. 

Edited by Alam_dar

6 hours ago, dial_100 said:

100% true. 

There exist even the "Extremist Atheists" who don't respect others and give them space to practice their religion. 

Extremism is bad, irrespective of it's being Muslim extremism, or Hindu extremism or Atheist extremism. 

In India Owaisi can threaten majority Hindus in a public gathering. He says that take away police for 15 mins and they would show Hindu's what they are made of. Stop giving examples of how atheists are growing in other countries. IN no other country are the SO-called atheists so shamelessly biased. To reduce the tension, you cannot go on beating 1 side just to appease the other. 

I only know this that no one is 100% perfect and no one is able to do "all" the things. 

For example, we (the liberals) do raise voice for the minorities of Pakistan. But then extreme right Muslims groups blame us that we never raise our voices when rights of Muslim Madaris and parties are violated, when US fighter jets kill hundreds of children of Madrassas and other civilians in name of collateral damages etc. 

We (the liberals) tell them they (Muslim right wing) are already doing the job when they raise voice upon the killings of the civilians in the drone attacks, and we are also against the innocent blood. But we have "limited" energies and resources and we spent them mostly for those cases where "no other" comes out to protest i.e. for the minorities of Pakistan. 

I believe there is somewhat the same situation in India. 

Already the Indian Government and Indian Media are doing fine enough job to expose the Muslim extremists and Awaisi's case is already in the court. Indian liberals already supporting the courts against these extremist act by Akbaruddin Awaisi.  Not very much more is going to happen if Indian liberals use their limited energies and resources upon it.