Hate at first sight

Brainfade

Sometimes, I see or hear a person for a few seconds and instantly dislike them; for instance, I'll go to a party at a friend's, and there'll be this strnager whom, for no ostensible reason, I will dislike instantly. Especially if they are loud-mouthed and/or boastful and/or "know-it-all" types. The reason I bring this up now is that Gautam Gambhir is one of those people. I don't know the fellow at all, he plays for a team that I fervently support, he seems to be a good player, but he just comes across as a jerk on TV. Is it just me or is it common for people to dislike someone for no reason at all?

I can relate with the first part of the post. I simply CANNOT stand some people. But I am unable to figure out why you would specifically dislike Gambhir. Surely, whatever we have seen of him on T.V, is not enough to make judgments of his personality.

I can relate with the first part of the post. I simply CANNOT stand some people. But I am unable to figure out why you would specifically dislike Gambhir. Surely, whatever we have seen of him on T.V, is not enough to make judgments of his personality.
Honestly, I am unable to figure it out, either. He just "seems" arrogant. Or maybe he resembles some jerk that I know, and my brain can't process who that other person is. Or it may be the expletive incident involving Afridi, where I felt Gambhir's abusive language was uncalled for, and "beneath" an Indian cricketer. I know that a lot of these fellows cuss, but I actually read his lips on a video, and that may have signaled "uncultured brute" in my head. Not that it matters really; it's not like my dislike affects him in any way ... but one wonders why.

cricaddict.. sorry to say.. don't mind or take it on ur heart.. but such things and crap one should keep it to his slef rather then expressing it to someone until the person who is being hated is found guilty of doing something.. i mean, gambhir ne tumhara kya bigada hai or something?? crap

Honestly' date=' I am unable to figure it out, either. He just "seems" arrogant. Or maybe he resembles some jerk that I know, and my brain can't process who that other person is. Or it may be the expletive incident involving Afridi, where I felt Gambhir's abusive language was uncalled for, and "beneath" an Indian cricketer. I know that a lot of these fellows cuss, but I actually read his lips on a video, and that may have signaled "uncultured brute" in my head. Not that it matters really; it's not like my dislike affects him in any way ... but one wonders why.[/quote'] To your utter surprise, Gambhir may turn out to be a really soft-spoken, well mannered guy in person. Dont make judgments of cricketers from what you see them do on the cricket field. Some guys just transform into something else when they cross the boundary.

hate list is loooong for several reasons mostly political one - (1) Arun-Dhoti Roys, Teesta Setlvads and other assorted foreign funded agenda weilding NGOs lusting for western honor and awards. (2) Madam Sonia "Vatican" Manio (3) Pratibha Patil (4) Rahul "dynasty" Gandhi (5) Moraraji "moron" Desai (4) Shabana Azmi and Javed "pretending" Akhtar (5) Mahesh "haramkhor" Bhatt (5) Shahrukh "kutta" Khan (6) Salman "criminal" Khan (7) Ricky "chor" Ponting (7) Mulla-Yam Singh and his coteries consisting of criminals, land grabbers of Uttar Pradesh (8) Montek Singh Ahluvalia -- the International Monetary Funds chamcha- jholawalas. (9) Imam Bukhari - the traitor (10) Prakash Karats and Yechuris of West Bengal (11) BCCI money hungry babus -- Lalit Modi, Niranjan Shah et all. (12) Vengcircus (13) Mohd. "thankless" Azharuddin ... .... etc. etc. Lifafaa Journalists -- part of foreign evangelical church, Saud money funded media in India with agenda of social-engineering - (1) Seema Musthafa (2) Rajdeep Fartdesai (3) Burkha Dutt (4) Shekhar Dupatta (Gupta) (5) Ramchandra Guha (6) IBN "Indian Evangelical version" CNN etc. etc.

I get the same feeling when I see Yuvraj Singh. I inexplicably just feel like punching the guy.
Many seem to miss the post...It is "Hate at First Sight" or First Impressions.... I doubt anybody would have hated Yuvraj Singh when he first hit international scene...He is such a refreshing ,energetic and welcome cricketer India has produced. I agree he is a git now....Cant stand him , became a staged actor and camera attention seeker sandest: Pretty long list there.... Thanks

hate list is loooong for several reasons mostly political one - (1) Arun-Dhoti Roys, Teesta Setlvads and other assorted foreign funded agenda weilding NGOs lusting for western honor and awards. (2) Madam Sonia "Vatican" Manio (3) Pratibha Patil (4) Rahul "dynasty" Gandhi (5) Moraraji "moron" Desai (4) Shabana Azmi and Javed "pretending" Akhtar (5) Mahesh "haramkhor" Bhatt (5) Shahrukh "kutta" Khan (6) Salman "criminal" Khan (7) Ricky "chor" Ponting (7) Mulla-Yam Singh and his coteries consisting of criminals, land grabbers of Uttar Pradesh (8) Montek Singh Ahluvalia -- the International Monetary Funds chamcha- jholawalas. (9) Imam Bukhari - the traitor (10) Prakash Karats and Yechuris of West Bengal (11) BCCI money hungry babus -- Lalit Modi, Niranjan Shah et all. (12) Vengcircus (13) Mohd. "thankless" Azharuddin ... .... etc. etc. Lifafaa Journalists -- part of foreign evangelical church, Saud money funded media in India with agenda of social-engineering - (1) Seema Musthafa (2) Rajdeep Fartdesai (3) Burkha Dutt (4) Shekhar Dupatta (Gupta) (5) Ramchandra Guha (6) IBN "Indian Evangelical version" CNN etc. etc.
I'll add Ricky Ponting, Mohd Azharuddin, SRK, Salman Khan to my list as well.

Many seem to miss the post...It is "Hate at First Sight" or First Impressions.... I doubt anybody would have hated Yuvraj Singh when he first hit international scene...He is such a refreshing ,energetic and welcome cricketer India has produced. I agree he is a git now....Cant stand him , became a staged actor and camera attention seeker sandest: Pretty long list there.... Thanks
Yuvraj was a "hate at first sight" case.

I'll add Ricky Ponting' date=' Mohd Azharuddin, SRK, Salman Khan to my list as well.[/quote'] :eek::eek: you are probably first woman that I have seen who hates SRK. every time i try to reason my sister on how SRK sucks... I get a response of "you're jealous of him" :puke:

Guest dada_rocks
That's long list sandy:giggle:

Guest dada_rocks
:eek::eek: you are probably first woman that I have seen who hates SRK. every time i try to reason my sister on how SRK sucks... I get a response of "you're jealous of him" :puke:
And I don't know any girl personally who doesn't hate SRK:D