Speed Gun Watch

Shehezaada

The Indian attack is up there amongst the quickest in the world right now. We have three bowlers in the 87-91 mph bracket. Wow, what a refreshing change from the days of Venkatesh Prasad, Paras Mhambrey, Iqbal Siddiqui, Thiru Kumaran, Abey Kuruvilla, Tinu Yohannan etc ! I think its only a matter of time before we find an express fast bowler, someone who can bowl between 91-95 mph bracket. :two_thumbs_up:

Iqbal Sh*tiqui..I mean, Siddiqui, was a legend amongst mere mortals. I'm insulted that you have the temerity to lump him in the same bracket as those trundlers. He had the potential to be the next Hadlee, but our dimwit selectors let trivial things like "lack of talent" and "incompetence" cloud the issue. Any more bad mouthing of dear Iqqi, and a bannage will surely follow.

Between 130 and 138 kmph. Pathan has regained his pace' date=' but has lost his prodigious swing.[/quote'] i don't think so..he was swinging it big in perth. Conditions in Australia aren't very condusive to swing bowling...but if you take him to NZ or England he'll be deadly. Even in India with the early morning starts.
i don't think so..he was swinging it big in perth. Conditions in Australia aren't very condusive to swing bowling...but if you take him to NZ or England he'll be deadly. Even in India with the early morning starts.
You are only deluding yourself if you say Pathan swings the ball now, as much as he used to do before. Even in the just concluded series' against Aus and Pakistan, he didnt swing the ball that much. Rarely do we get to see his "banana" balls these days. I cant remember when was the last time he bowled at batsman, pitching one outside off-stump and swinging it back to beat the batsman between bat and pad and hit off-stump or get him lbw. In his early days, one in 4 dismissals of his were like that.