Name famous Kannadigas or people from Karnataka

coffee_rules

49 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Many famous names already mentioned in this thread. I would add Gurudutt, Raja Ramanna.

Holy *, Guru Dutt was Kannadiga...never would have guessed !!!! His real name is Vasanth Kumar Shivshankar Padukone as per wiki......mind blown, and here I was thinking Kannadigas have such nonsense actors.

16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Holy *, Guru Dutt was Kannadiga...never would have guessed !!!! His real name is Vasanth Kumar Shivshankar Padukone as per wiki......mind blown, and here I was thinking Kannadigas have such nonsense actors.

Heard of cameraman VK Murthy? Briliant lighting effects in Gurudutts ke Kagaz ke phool is mainly due to him

Also the cinematographer of Bharat ek khoj

23 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Shankar Nag, maker of Malgudi Days was a talented actor & director. His wife Arundhati Nag won awards for her role in Paa movie. His elder brother Anant Nag still works in the entertainment industry. 

I'm surprised no one mentioned Rajnikant. From a Maratha family, he was born & brought up in Bengaluru but went on to make a great name in TN.

1 minute ago, Turning_track said:

Shankar Nag, maker of Malgudi Days was a talented actor & director. His wife Arundhati Nag won awards for her role in Paa movie. His elder brother Anant Nag still works in the entertainment industry. 

I'm surprised no one mentioned Rajnikant. From a Maratha family, he was born & brought up in Bengaluru but went on to make a great name in TN.

Rajni is a Marathi, got his fame in TN...so not surprising people miss out his bus conductor days in Bangalore. I think he qualifies as Tamil, he is literally a Tamil God LOL.

15 minutes ago, diga said:

Heard of cameraman VK Murthy? Briliant lighting effects in Gurudutts ke Kagaz ke phool is mainly due to him

Also the cinematographer of Bharat ek khoj

No I never heard of him till this post of yours. Apparently he got Dadasaheb Phalke award, so must be a hotshot. 

vishweshweshvishwaraya - credits from pappu

upendra - for different kind of movies man those were funny liked his acting in the last telugu movie s/o of satyamurthy

narayana murthy - The frugal IT master 

Deve gowda - The sleeping PM

Reddy bros - The  mining goons

Edited by gattaca