How did billionaire Birla's son, Aryaman Birla, end up in RR IPL 2018 squad? (Chand, Porel, Aaron, Nathu all unsold)

chewy

RR is my team :no:

could have done with Aaron or any other unknown quick bowler

Okay....tera dukhi hona to banta hai.

Match thread bana ke sahi bhadas nekal de before velu makes one.:roti:

16:00 IST (10:30 GMT)Match 28 Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur,Rajasthan Royals

Sunrisers Hyderabad

Edited by beetle

I question his spot in squad which definetly could have gone to a more deserving player, It’s not an issue, if hangs around with team paying for the experience but being picked up in the auction smacks of nepotism. 

To be fair, a lot of the unknown players who get picked also end up playing, I doubt Birla son will play just like Lallu’s son

IPL to be taken seriously with clean image needs get rid of this small crumbs of nepotism 

It is not nepotism. They can pick any player they want. Nepotism is if they pick their relative.

Guys he went unsold in IPL 2018 auction

Ishan Porel - 30L

Baba Aparajith - 20L

Umukt Chand - 20L

Varun Aaron - 50L

Nathu Singh - 20L

Sheldon Jackson - 20L

Rajneesh Gurbani - 20L

Ishan and nathu injured.

Aparajith and sheldon have been in ipl teams for ages. They have not been given much chances and haven't made the most of the ones they got. If the same people keep getting selected,then how will newer playersever get a chance.

Varun Aaron.....has been playing forever but has not done much in ipl .Again....time for younger bowlers to get a chance ahead of him.

Unmukt chand was woefully out of form most year . Only getting back to form . 

Rajneesh Gurbani  probably a bit unlucky. There were so many new players in the auction. Should have got a chance considering his domestic performance.

Sometimes it is just about when your name is called and what slots are left in the team. He did deserve to be in ipl this year.

Regarding gurbani not picked him being trundler. Teams don't pick 125 kph bowlers.

Varun Aaron, Shivam Dubey, Ankush Bains, Sheldon Jackson, Nikhil Naik, Jitesh Sharma, Vishnu Vinod, Rajneesh Gurbani, Cariappa , Saurabh Tiwary, Rishi Dhawan, Pragyan Ojha,  Faiz Fazal, Unmukt Chand are some names i can forward on top of my head. There are many more if we actually give more time to search better experienced IPL or List A or First class cricketers,

Several of them are TTFs.

Some discrepancies were reported. A bone marrow test was done and there was a suspension of one kiddo. Regarding the non-selection of a kid who had scored two doubles in the selection matches, media had highlighted the issue when it was bought to their notice regarding this. Voice was raised but some things were tackled some were cover up giving some reason.

Now lets take an example which everyone is aware of as this is international one - Rahul is ignored in playing 11. Media is raising it because every coach and every cricketer has his journo writing for him. Also there was performance and statistics to prove. But who will complain. Some weird reason will be given.

In no way i am saying Aryaman is bad player because he is rich. Just think Vishnu Vinod was a better option considering the price as well as experience. The debate of better quality available is inevitable when there are so many options and few spots for selection. Teams hence have to be prudent in selections. However, as you say only RR will be at profit or loss by this selection. Fair enough, it's their money not ours, but selection is open for debate. Suspicion theories will happen when out of the box selection happen, especially for someone who has played only one FC match and others have played a lot lot more.

Anyways he will now be in transfer window as he could not make playing 11 even in one match. 

Vishnu vinod failed last year for RCB. Didn't do much in domestic this year.