IPL Vs Tests; Festival Vs Funeral

3 hours ago, cric_fan said:

When Ind smash Eng this summer,@Khota will be back to say Test cricket is the best thing since sliced bread. Just a fairweather fan.

I am dead against test Cricket as it is a meaningless format. I dont watch that junk and you will never hear that from me.

1 hour ago, kira said:

Dhoni chamchas want test cricket dead because dhoni sucked in that format and as long as test cricket exists MS "the one format bully" Dhoni won't be considered great, too bad dhoni sucked even more in the t20 format (which is the future of cricket) so dhoni won't be considered a great no matter what :hysterical:

I am not a Dhoni Chamcha and I want test cricket gone. Dont generalize.

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

I wonder if there will be a day when F-5 (Five over cricket) will be considered the real deal & T20s will be the new funeral. 

"Hey! Look at that guy! He took a single on the first ball, not even a four! How dare he! Kill him!!!"

You are not even funny. Five days vs few hours. Huge difference.

11 hours ago, Khota said:

Still it requires certain skills to hit that 6.

If you see some of the sixes from Rohit Sharma in his big knocks against Lankans, there were quite a few shots which were mistimed still cleared the boundary for sixes. Whereas if you watch IPL 2009 in South Africa, when bats were still of regular size, there was a clear difference in class between the veterans like Dravid, Sachin, Hayden, Ganguly and the rest. They were able to score runs in tough conditions while the domestic sloggers who were hits in IPL 2008 flopped in 2009.

Edited by MechEng

I saw it for three minutes today. Do they a age restriction in England because no one was less than 60 watching it. If you cant get young kids to ground you have lost it.

Half the watching a game is the atmosphere. Honestly speaking the view on TV is definitely better but one goes to stadium to enjoy the crowd and the noise. I have seen more excitement at chess games then this snoozefest going on in England.

Test cricket is a relic of an era when brown man worked for the empire and they had free time on hand. In the age of microwave ovens  and internet sorry I cannot watch that crap.

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

If you see some of the sixes from Rohit Sharma in his big knocks against Lankans, there were quite a few shots which were mistimed still cleared the boundary for sixes. Whereas if you watch IPL 2009 in South Africa, when bats were still of regular size, there was a clear difference in class between the veterans like Dravid, Sachin, Hayden, Ganguly and the rest. They were able to score runs in tough conditions while the domestic sloggers who were hits in IPL 2008 flopped in 2009.

Even if you mistime it you still need enough bat on the ball to clear the boundary. I really do not have all day to watch Pujara get off the mark after one hour. You may call it pure I choose to call is Bull Sh*t.

3 hours ago, cric_fan said:

When Ind smash Eng this summer,@Khota will be back to say Test cricket is the best thing since sliced bread. Just a fairweather fan.

We are still a number one side in tests, so we  should have all the arrogance to boast about our superiority in tests then by that logic. But we don't, because we see the reality. I'm a proper test fan and don't watch ODIs unless hitman gives a phainty to Lankans, but people matter right? If you see empty stadiums in tests that says something.

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

We are still a number one side in tests, so we  should have all the arrogance to boast about our superiority in tests then by that logic. But we don't, because we see the reality. I'm a proper test fan and don't watch ODIs unless hitman gives a phainty to Lankans, but people matter right? If you see empty stadiums in tests that says something.

There in lies the problem. Sony could keep on saying that Betamax is better but the consumer decided VHS format was better. It is all about the market forces.

I saw it for three minutes today. Do they a age restriction in England because no one was less than 60 watching it. If you cant get young kids to ground you have lost it.
Half the watching a game is the atmosphere. Honestly speaking the view on TV is definitely better but one goes to stadium to enjoy the crowd and the noise. I have seen more excitement at chess games then this snoozefest going on in England.
Test cricket is a relic of an era when brown man worked for the empire and they had free time on hand. In the age of microwave ovens  and internet sorry I cannot watch that crap.

Are you trying to make us feel sorry for you? Who cares if you watched it for 3min or 30min.

It’s a working/school day. Obviously you will see more pensioners.

If you don’t want to watch it, don’t. We don’t need a daily update from you.

And shut the door behind you.
8 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

Are you trying to make us feel sorry for you? Who cares if you watched it for 3min or 30min.

It’s a working/school day. Obviously you will see more pensioners.

If you don’t want to watch it, don’t. We don’t need a daily update from you.

And shut the door behind you.

3 mnts I said. There will be daily update and you can choose to ignore it. It is called freedom of speech. I know that game is a big deal for pakistan but I have the right to laugh at two below average teams playing.

Don't feel sorry for me. I feel sorry for people who glorify a dead format. Betamax, Betamax all the way.

3 mnts I said. There will be daily update and you can choose to ignore it. It is called freedom of speech. I know that game is a big deal for pakistan but I have the right to laugh at two below average teams playing.

Don't feel sorry for me. I feel sorry for people who glorify a dead format. Betamax, Betamax all the way.

That is the only reason you are laughing..because Pakistan are playing. As I said earlier, when Ind come over, you will be w@nking over it.

I never said I feel sorry for you. And you did type 3mins.
38 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

That is the only reason you are laughing..because Pakistan are playing. As I said earlier, when Ind come over, you will be w@nking over it.

I never said I feel sorry for you. And you did type 3mins.

I laugh at the whole concept of test cricket. Something so trivial has you so upset and that worries me. I rather take a good crap than watch it.