Sachin vs hansie cronje all 7 dismissal video

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Post the 99 WC (and until the 03 WC), they faced off in 2 Test series where they both played the waiting game against each other and were successful in their own way. In non ICC ODIs, McGrath got the better of him in AUS while SRT had the upper hand in India. In the ICC KO QF in Nairobi, SRT dominated McGrath big-time. Even in the 2003 WC group game, SRT held his own while the rest of the line-up crumbled. The failure in the WC final was down to the scoreboard pressure of chasing 360 more than anything.

It was only during the 04-06 phase when SRT actually struggled consistently.

I think McGrath only played 2001 ODI series in India post 1999 WC.

Sachin destroyed him a few times in that series. His 62 of 38 in Vizag was epic.

I just checked he averaged 56 at a s/r of 120 in that series !! :O

Along with Donald I think Ambrose was one bowler I saw no batsman could dominate.

1 hour ago, Garuda said:

Tendulkar is a great batsman but he is not god. He is only human. But what is disappointing is his refusal to acknowledge that Mcgrath had the wood over him. If he was honest, he would have said Mcgrath is the best bowler he struggled against not Cronje. The first ball in the clip is from the 99 wc where it destroyed the "sachin is god" in me. Its for the best that Sachin fans need to accept it. I doubt it though. Waiting for butthurt personal comments attacking your post :phehe:. Be brave friend :nice:

cnt agree more , no cricketer is god neither sachin neither dhoni neither kohli all have their imperfections 

That 99 Wc bowling made me fear mcgrath , i was like ok the best batsman in the world has no answer to him who is he 

2 hours ago, velu said:

not sure about pollock .. but gangu dada really fancied him , come down the track and treat him like a spinner :laugh:

yup gangu loved SA attack 

1 hour ago, Number said:

I think McGrath only played 2001 ODI series in India post 1999 WC.

Sachin destroyed him a few times in that series. His 62 of 38 in Vizag was epic.

I just checked he averaged 56 at a s/r of 120 in that series !! :O

Along with Donald I think Ambrose was one bowler I saw no batsman could dominate.

I've seen the likes of Donald and McGrath get some stick every now and then but Ambrose and Akram were seemingly impossible to dominate right till the end.