Is Kumar Sanu the greatest singer ever born, in his genre?

randomGuy

On 6/15/2018 at 9:31 AM, Mariyam said:

This was SRK's debut movie.

Dil Aashna Hai was the first movie he signed and shot but yes Deewana released first.

Good DAH wasn't his first release, Deewana was a much better movie.

On 6/20/2018 at 5:18 PM, philcric said:

Dil Aashna Hai was the first movie he signed and shot but yes Deewana released first.

Good DAH wasn't his first release, Deewana was a much better movie.

The generally accepted definition of debut, is when you hit the silver screen. Hence the first release counts.

Dil Aashna Hai was a totally forgettable movie. In cricketing terms, it would have been the equivalent of a duck out on debut.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

The generally accepted definition of debut, is when you hit the silver screen. Hence the first release counts.

Dil Aashna Hai was a totally forgettable movie. In cricketing terms, it would have been the equivalent of a duck out on debut.

Dil Aashna Hai was directed by Hemamalini. Her debut as a director as well. I think she must have let her assistants run riot. My fav KS song is

Divya Bharati would have given Sridevi tough competition, she was cute. Sad end to her life.

Edited by coffee_rules

On 6/15/2018 at 9:36 AM, riya said:

Hmm....Anuradha definitely beatiful voice,but felt somewhat lack in expressions compared to the others u mentioned...Sadhana Sargam is like hemalatha in Lata's era,very talented but got unnoticed due to Alka's authority...Alka makes the best duet song pair with Sanu,Udit and basically every singer..She has got a weight in her voice,i mean base voice is really good,others are kind of thin in that aspect..

I really like Poornima,(i think she changed her name now),.used to sing some  numbers in most Govinda movies,, really talented,can pull off sleazy numbers as well as humorous ones with equal ease...very different singer of that time.

Poornima's original name is Sushma Shreshta. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushma_Shrestha

She had sung some popular songs in the 70s - Andaz (Hai na bolo bolo, Tera mujhse hai pehle ka naatha koi) as a child artist. She got her break in the 90s with some of the David Dhawan movies

Edited by coffee_rules

i have to disagree with OP. Greatest singer for me would be wither Mohammed Rafi or Sonu Nigam. i have grown up in Sonu's era so for me Sonu is the best. 

just look at the way he sings Gandi Baat towards the end in this video starting from 5:17 ..... amazing clarity of voice and range. 

14 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

@FischerTal this thread is not about Sonu Nigam. The OP is about how good KS is. You might feel SN is better, but open a new thread for that. I feel these singers have their own niche markets, fans, and are incomparable like Rafi and KK. Music is universal and they all are good. OP is a fan of KS, mind you.

That's fine. Post opinions on other singers, music directors... 

@FischerTal sonu Nigam...always in sur, very talented. Can sing any type of song. Issue for me personally is a) relatively thinner voice b) sometimes uses too many tricks, variations.

Ye dil diwana, my brother's favorite song.. All the songs you have listed are great, fantastically sung. 

It's not like I like all songs of KS, probably 95%.... I particularly song of his which I don't like is ek ladki ko dekha to aisa Laga...i don't like tht song itself plus KS has sung it in a sleepy manner. No offense to 16MTW... Most of the other songs.... KS really excels for me.... Masculine voice.. As well as sweet voice... sings with feel... Doesn't over do anything... Very good range also... 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

@FischerTal this thread is not about Sonu Nigam. The OP is about how good KS is. You might feel SN is better, but open a new thread for that. I feel these singers have their own niche markets, fans, and are incomparable like Rafi and KK. Music is universal and they all are good. OP is a fan of KS, mind you.

my bad.... i thought the OP was asking a question as to who is greatest singer?

Sonu Nigam gives Mohammed Rafi vibe while Kumar Sanu gives Kishore kumar vibe,so the opinions get polarised...At the end diversity itself is the biggest bliss for music lovers...who is the best well according to our bias,simply..