England Tests won't even feel like an away series - Kohli

Kohli can talk big but pretty sure he is facing the heat atm. After all 2014 Eng tour was the worst show ever by a top order batsman in England in >100 years of test cricket history...even the worst no 11 in the history of the game would have done better than Kohli there. Deep inside Kohli knows that if he *s up again his test legacy will lie in tatters. Beneath all this show of bravado will be a scared mouse when he takes guard in Edgbaston.

I hope he does well because he isn't that bad as 2014 made him out to be. Looking at the English side and conditions I see no reason why Kohli can't rack up 600+ runs in this series...well I am sure Smith would have scored 600+ given these conditions and many ICFers are of the view that Kohli is much much better than Smith :dontknow:. Another section believes Kohli has already surpassed SRT and we all remember 18 year old SRT score a match saving 100 in Manchester 1990. Yet another group has already proclaimed that Viv is fake and Kohl the true king...well in 1976 Viv scored almost 850 runs in 7 innings (232, 135, 291...) against prime Snow/Old/Willis/Underwood. If ICF and Indian public hype is to be believed anything less than 5 300s by Kohli in England will be a letdown...chalo utna nahi chahiye, just hope he gets 600 odd to justify his standing with some of the other ATGs. Anything less than that and you can throw the PR hype train in the dustbin.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

ty sure he is facing the heat atm. After all 2014 Eng tour was the worst show ever by a top order batsman in England in >100 years of test cricket history...even the worst no 11 in the history of the game would have done better than Kohli there. Deep inside Kohli knows that if he *s up again his test legacy will lie in tatters. Beneath all this show of bravado will be a scared mouse when he takes guard in Edgbaston.

when the going gets tough , the tough gets going...

- anon

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Deep inside Kohli knows that if he *s up again his test legacy will lie in tatters. Beneath all this show of bravado will be a scared mouse when he takes guard in Edgbaston.

there will be a punjabi lion roaring for the blood of english trundlers....

- lord_analyst

image.jpeg.098313845457665cc71eb5c24c4823e7.jpeg

Edited by LORD_analyst

@LORD_analyst I am not downplaying/mocking Kohli, my barbs are aimed at his blind bhakts who have this annoying habit of underselling other greats just to elevate VK. I am sure he will pass this English test with flying colours, he is too proud a man to not correct his wrongs..besides this English team is on the weaker side and ripe for the taking.

Edited by Gollum
3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@LORD_analyst I am not downplaying/mocking Kohli, my barbs are aimed at his blind bhakts who have this annoying habit of underselling other greats just to elevate VK. I am sure he will pass this English test with flying colours, he is too proud a man to not correct his wrongs..besides this English team is on the weaker side and ripe for the taking.

won't reply now, only when kohli blasts those trundlers to oblivion with his drool-worthy cover drives and magnificent pull shots to bring up his hundreds in test series.....bring it on!

17 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

there will be a punjabi lion roaring for the blood of english trundlers....

- lord_analyst

image.jpeg.098313845457665cc71eb5c24c4823e7.jpeg

IPL season is over, pls refrain from regional comments like Punjabi, Madrasi, etc. Indian players are going to represent Team India and not any regional teams.

17 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

IPL season is over, pls refrain from regional comments like Punjabi, Madrasi, etc. Indian players are going to represent Team India and not any regional teams.

it wasn't demeaning in any form.......stop this talibani padosi antics of moderation!

Kohli said similar sh*t before the SA tour and cancelled the one practice game they had. Too much false bravado is not good. Better show us in action rather than empty PR words.
His and his wife's arrogance , superiority complex and holier than thou pretentiouness is so off putting.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I am confident he will redeem himself and India will win but prefer a more low profile build up, why put unnecessary pressure on ourselves with talk? We aren't Lloyd's WI or ATG Australia that can afford to run our mouths like this. 
I have a feeling India will take too much pressure on themselves , hype themselves too much and then flop like hell

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk