Saha likely to miss England Test series

After his performance in India A tour of Australia Naman Ojha was selected for the England test series as replacement for injured Saha.But the selectors had clearly stated that he would only be 2nd choice wicket keeper.
He was in good form, but it was mentioned that he should not be selected in the playing 11 & should be treated as standby
Is Naman ojha playing in this test?
Right now I think it is Dinesh Kartik who will play all the 5 matches.
There are useless home matches against Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to play the likes of Pant

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

agar pant select ho gaya to kahoge dhoni ka haath nhin hai
He will probably be selected- I don't doubt that but it doesn't really change the fact that Dhoni is insanely powerful.
Else why do you think likes of Kartik got chosen over Pant in england tour and Ambati Rayudu got mysteriously dropped, only to be replaced by the likes of Raina who is past his expiry date?
Why doesn't Krunal Pandya hasn't got a match yet though Raina has been a failure?

40 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He will probably be selected- I don't doubt that but it doesn't really change the fact that Dhoni is insanely powerful.
Else why do you think likes of Kartik got chosen over Pant in england tour and Ambati Rayudu got mysteriously dropped, only to be replaced by the likes of Raina who is past his expiry date?

Same reason yuvraj, bhajji, gambhir were picked. Kohli loves experienced players

Kartik won us nidhas - u think he wud have been dropped after that

40 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Why doesn't Krunal Pandya hasn't got a match yet though Raina has been a failure?

Its been made clear that no one will get in tea, before India-A

Krunal have gotten injured so many times, so he wud have to go through that process again

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Same reason yuvraj, bhajji, gambhir were picked. Kohli loves experienced players

Kartik won us nidhas - u think he wud have been dropped after that

Its been made clear that no one will get in tea, before India-A

Krunal have gotten injured so many times, so he wud have to go through that process again

Krunal already played two A series. Injuries does not mean you have to do same thing again. 

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Krunal already played two A series. Injuries does not mean you have to do same thing again. 

u knw how our selectors function, ideally Raina 1st class season shudnt even have gotten him in 1st place but they prefer exp player over youngster even if it means 2-3 perfomances. 

They play safe- they wanna see that youngster for 2-3 A tours or even more to feel safe 

Return from injury will make them question his current form which will never be the same case for a senior player for them. I think by now we shud understand how the whole think tank functions

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u knw how our selectors function, ideally Raina 1st class season shudnt even have gotten him in 1st place but they prefer exp player over youngster even if it means 2-3 perfomances. 

They play safe- they wanna see that youngster for 2-3 A tours or even more to feel safe 

Return from injury will make them question his current form which will never be the same case for a senior player for them. I think by now we shud understand how the whole think tank functions

Somehow it's gotten worse, especially in the last 10 years. Friends of the captain come and go as they wish, while the chairman of selectors is expendable, except that one time Kris was shilling for CSK & Dhoni.

Just now, cowboysfan said:

valid point but Rahul can keep in a emergency so they could just pick Karthik.They havent even picked Pant for ODIs yet ,i highly doubt they would pick him directly for the test series.

in england , the last thing u want is a part time keeper coz the ball moves late 

im 95% sure he ll be picked

the minute they realised saha was not going to be fit, pant was selected as last minute selection for India-A 4 day games to judge him despite having the other keeper and then he got 2 games as well. He has kept well , scored a winning 67 .....i dnt see anything stopping him unless he keeps like kamran akmal in the game against England lions

valid point but Rahul can keep in a emergency so they could just pick Karthik.They havent even picked Pant for ODIs yet ,i highly doubt they would pick him directly for the test series.

I think Pant will be selected for the test squad (unofficially) as back up to Dinu at least for now.
They need another keeper and Rahul Dravid is pretty keen on Pant though I feel the Indian Selectors are more for a bharat type player for the tests.
But on the long run, I do have a gut feeling that KL Rahul will pick up wicketkeeping which will enable the team to go for another pure batsman.

in england , the last thing u want is a part time keeper coz the ball moves late 

im 95% sure he ll be picked

the minute they realised saha was not going to be fit, pant was selected as last minute selection for India-A 4 day games to judge him despite having the other keeper and then he got 2 games as well. He has kept well , scored a winning 67 .....i dnt see anything stopping him unless he keeps like kamran akmal in the game against England lions

You mean Pant? He's a dicey selection, but one worth taking provided our slips don't keep dropping dollies. In England the slips usually come into play more often than the keeper, so we need to catch everything that comes in that space. Also Kohli should GTFO the clip cordon, he's bebonic plague & makes everyone else drop sitters too. No one should forget that the last triple against us was his doing!

Edited by R!TTER
Just now, R!TTER said:

You meant Pant? He's a dicey selection, but one worth taking provided our slips don't keep dropping dollies. In England the slips usually come into play more often than the keeper, so we need to catch everything that comes in that pace. Also Kohli should GTFO the clip cordon, he's bebonic plague & makes everyone else drop sitters too. No one should forget that the last triple against us was his doing!

yup 95% he ll be picked . Whats dicey?? saha is injured.......we certainely shud not select pappu

10 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

But on the long run, I do have a gut feeling that KL Rahul will pick up wicketkeeping which will enable the team to go for another pure batsman.

Once pant establish himself, their wnt be a chance of that and lets not forget samson n kishen......rahul wudnt want to be in that line

Uthappa wo galti kr chuka hai

yup 95% he ll be picked . Whats dicey?? saha is injured.......we certainely shud not select pappu

Dicey because he has zero intl exposure at the highest level i.e. in tests. The last time we tried that (PP) it didn't work out as well as everyone hoped it would. DK also has a stellar record opening in England, without the gloves. So when Pant is picked he has to deliver with the bat & the gloves otherwise we'll lose the series pretty quickly.

6 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Dicey because he has zero intl exposure at the highest level i.e. in tests. The last time we tried that (PP) it didn't work out as well as everyone hoped it would. DK also has a stellar record opening in England, without the gloves. So when Pant is picked he has to deliver with the bat & the gloves otherwise we'll lose the series pretty quickly.

someday or the other he has to debut

Ganguly dravid debut in england

KL rahul in australia 

Kohli in SL ( which wasnt easy that time)

Tendulkar in Pakistan

Gr8 players have debut in tough conditions 

DK will be the 1st choice, if things dnt go well then pant gets a chance .....n good player will always come out of the challenge doing well .