Poor squad and team selections have cost us the ODI series in England

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is just load of nonsense, you are making as if Kohli is afraid of new talent.

We are seeing how well those young bowlers are faring against lions. Don’t be under illusion that have great fast bowlers.

Mavi and co we saw in IPL they need some seasoning.

Who in IPL has shown that they are capable of blasting from Ball one and still be consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowlers have done well.  Restricted them to 400 on a flat pitch in the first innings. bowled well in second innings. it is the batsman that have played badly.  Batsman cant score 200 and you are blaming bowlers.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

We are seeing how well those young bowlers are faring against lions. Don’t be under illusion that have great fast bowlers.

Siraj has bowled very well against the Lions.  Has picked up 7 wickets in 1.5 innings.  And 15 wickets in the 2 four day matches on this A tour.

Rajpoot has also performed well.  But he got injured in the first innings itself and could not bowl in the entire 2nd and part of the 1st innings against the Lions   This has affected our overall bowling too as it is difficult to play with 2 seamers in England.  He picked up 5 wickets in the first match he played.

The performances of our pacers in the 50-over A tour matches was really good.  Chahar and Khaleel stood out in terms of consistency of performances.

7 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Thats exactly what I am saying and thats exactly what the truth is. I think you have been living under a cave for a while.

Why would he be afraid of new talent.If he was afraid of new talent he would not playing Bumrah over Ishant and Yadav in SA in test series.People come up with weird conspiracy theories.

Just now, express bowling said:

Siraj has bowled very well against the Lions.  Has picked up 7 wickets in 1.5 innings.  And 15 wickets in the 2 four day matches on this A tour.

Rajpoot has also performed well.  But he got injured in the first innings itself and could not bowl in the entire 2nd and part of the 1st innings against the Lions   This has affected our overall bowling too as it is difficult to play with 2 seamers in England.  He picked up 5 wickets in the first match he played.

The performances of our pacers in the 50-over A tour matches was really good.  Chahar and Khaleel stood out in terms of consistency of performances.

Doing well against A teams and hoping to replicate that performance against this marauding English lineup is living in denial.I have not seen anything special in Chahar which screams wow.I have not seen Khaleel so can't comment on him.

Rajpoot is not that world beater either, seen him IPL.Bumrah is in different league to them and can you say for sure he is in the league of great fast bowlers I don't know yet.

Why are we cribbing about these bowlers. 

Why would he be afraid of new talent.If he was afraid of new talent he would not playing Bumrah over Ishant and Yadav in SA in test series.People come up with weird conspiracy theories.
He isn't exactly scared of new talent.
He is more at peace with his cronies and likes to huddle with them.
And he must do such to ensure retaining his clout because he is trying to become a power of his own in bcci as he is still in control of Phony Dadu.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Doing well against A teams and hoping to replicate that performance against this marauding English lineup is living in denial.I have not seen anything special in Chahar which screams wow.I have not seen Khaleel so can't comment on him.

Rajpoot is not that world beater either, seen him IPL.Bumrah is in different league to them and can you say for sure he is in the league of great fast bowlers I don't know yet.

Why are we cribbing about these bowlers. 

Malan and Cook both will play for England and these two are their main batsmen and played in this game too. and what IPL has to do with test matches. Both have different requirements. Anderson, Broad will do jack in IPL.  Woakes was crap in IPL but will play test series for England if fully fit.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Bowlers have done well.  Restricted them to 400 on a flat pitch in the first innings. bowled well in second innings. it is the batsman that have played badly.  Batsman cant score 200 and you are blaming bowlers.

Batting has been horrible there is no question , but bowling has to improve especially economy rates. No Indian bowler is out and out quick so they have build pressure to get wickets and that can done only when they stop leaking runs.

Our fast bowlers are so tired by end of their first spell , that they completely lose their plot. This inability to maintain pressure in second and third spells has lost so many tests overseas.

7 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

He isn't exactly scared of new talent.
He is more at peace with his cronies and likes to huddle with them.
And he must do such to ensure retaining his clout because he is trying to become a power of his own in bcci as he is still in control of Phony Dadu.

Tell me who is screaming select me other than Rahul in odis .

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Malan and Cook both will play for England and these two are their main batsmen and played in this game too. and what IPL has to do with test matches. Both have different requirements. Anderson, Broad will do jack in IPL.  Woakes was crap in IPL but will play test series for England if fully fit.

Even in IPL you only bowl and you atleast can assess to some extent their pace .Anderson and Broad might do jack in IPl but they did play in shorter formats when they were younger.They are now relying more on skill than pace now.I doubt any of our Indian guys have those skills.

IPL has become a place where all these youngsters have chance showcase their talent and make their case for themselves for Indian team both A and senior.

Haan. He can hit big ones  without the swag.
But in case of marketing, you need Swag.
Plus the story of bromance and blah blah blah.
Waise hi cricketers are not selling like before.
Ranveer Singh has comfortably edged out Kohli in terms of being a youth icon and a brand ambassador as he doesn't tend to lecture audience and make a case out of his own holier than thou superiority complex.

35 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Even in IPL you only bowl and you atleast can assess to some extent their pace .Anderson and Broad might do jack in IPl but they did play in shorter formats when they were younger.They are now relying more on skill than pace now.I doubt any of our Indian guys have those skills.

IPL has become a place where all these youngsters have chance showcase their talent and make their case for themselves for Indian team both A and senior.

and you youngest rookies to bowl like Anderson and Broad forgetting how many years it took Anderson and Broad to become what they are now.

Edited by rkt.india
11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

and you youngest rookies to bowl like Anderson and Broad forgetting how many years it took Anderson and Broad to become what they are now.

How are you going to win matches, if these youngsters don't match them.Yes it is unfair but that is what they are expected to do.

That has been problem which has plagued Indian cricket, fast bowlers are so dispensable. Guys like Sachin and Dravid toured England or Australia many many times but fast bowlers kept changing .Batsmen are constant but fast bowlers are use and throw commodities in Indian cricket.I don't see that changing anytime sooner.

We had surplus of fast bowlers in SA but due to injuries we have no idea who is going to play in first test.

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How are you going to win matches, if these youngsters don't match them.Yes it is unfair but that is what they are expected to do.

That has been problem which has plagued Indian cricket, fast bowlers are so dispensable. Guys like Sachin and Dravid toured England or Australia many many times but fast bowlers kept changing .Batsmen are constant but fast bowlers use and throw commodities in Indian cricket.I don't see that changing anytime sooner.

We had surplus of fast bowlers in SA but due to injuries we have no idea who is going to play in first test.

Batsmen will have to match England batting. Broad and Anderson are not at the top of their games anymore. Both have struggled with injuries.

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Can you say for sure Siraj is better than bowlers who are selected for first three tests. If yes who is the bowler Siraj will replace.

He can easily replace Shardul in the squad for sure and Siraj is an out and out fast bowler. You should have watched his bowling against WI A on a slow and low bouncy pitch.