Should groom Siraj and Saini for Australian series

Just now, rkt.india said:

i am not expecting miracles from them, but they have played a lot of A team cricket overseas and have learnt how to bowl there, which like Shami and Umesh missed.  They have reaped the advantage of several A tours, so, they are more ready than past bowlers were.  The reason i think they wont do any worse than what Shami and Umesh did last time.

Umesh was touring Aus in the middle of Eng series last with the A team. The ineffectiveness of our pacers also has to do with lack of depth or effective spin options in Aus. SA also won on the back of Maharaj and Harris a few tests there. They didn't play a major role but were ably supporting the pacers. Our lot have been worse for far too long.

I'll reiterate - rookie pacers will get hammered on Aus roads, their only hope is sporty pitches or once in a lifetime form.

Edited by R!TTER
5 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

I'll reiterate - rookie pacers will get hammered on Aus roads, their only hope is sporty pitches or once in a lifetime form.

Saini n siraj arent rookie anymore , we can say that about nagarkotti or mavi

These guys have played FC n enough A - tours , to be honest Siraj shud be selected for last 2 test somehowand play Wi series at home which shud give him some exp before he goes to aus 

Its already proven umesh n ishant are highly avg and will be ever.........so lets throw in some fast bowlers . Atleast they ll gain exp. Aus doesnt have smith n warner so whats the fear ........these guys take wkt on Indian tracks ...aus tracks will be better for bowling always even if they are roads. 

11 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Umesh was touring Aus in the middle of Eng series last with the A team. The ineffectiveness of our pacers also has to do with lack of depth or effective spin options in Aus. SA also won on the back of Maharaj and Harris a few tests there. They didn't play a major role but were ably supporting the pacers. Our lot have been worse for far too long.

so will current bowlers.

so will current bowlers.

That's debatable - better control, more variations, experience and having the nerves to handle pressure situations. Some of the things which will go in favor of the current lot, not a big deal per se.

Edited by R!TTER
8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Saini n siraj arent rookie anymore , we can say that about nagarkotti or mavi

These guys have played FC n enough A - tours , to be honest Siraj shud be selected for last 2 test somehowand play Wi series at home which shud give him some exp before he goes to aus 

Its already proven umesh n ishant are highly avg and will be ever.........so lets throw in some fast bowlers . Atleast they ll gain exp. Aus doesnt have smith n warner so whats the fear ........these guys take wkt on Indian tracks ...aus tracks will be better for bowling always even if they are roads

Yes he should, throwing someone to the deep end in Aus isn't a bad idea, but it's better if they have intl exposure, lest we forget Siraj's LO debut.

Except they aren't fast - medium fast atm.

They're not, they're the best batting tracks in the world. Have been consistently for almost 2 decades now.

2 hours ago, R!TTER said:

Pretty sure the guys above will not have avg speeds of even 135kph if they bowl 20 odd overs a day in Aus,

Saini was averaging around 137 k in all 4 innings of this Ranji semi-final and final ... bowling 20+ overs a day. Fastest ball of around 145 k in every innings and lots of 140 k to 145 k deliveries.

He was hitting 145 k even in the last over of a 9 over spell.

All this with accuracy and seam movement.

Picked up 2 fifers and bucket loads of wickets.

This guy has it in him to be a test match pacer on flat decks and in hot conditions.

Edited by express bowling
7 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

That's debatable - better control, more variations, experience and having the serves to handle pressure situations. Some of the things which will go in favor of the current lot.

no, they dont have better control. Shami and Yadav are very inconsistent.  After watching likes of Siraj, Saini, and Rajpoot, I believe they are highly skilled bowlers and can move the ball both ways.  Likes of Saini and Rajpoot have better control than our current pacers.  Look at the current A game, SA A 6/2 after 8 overs on a pitch where our batsman just scored 583 runs.  both bowlers yet to consider a boundary in 8 overs.  Zubayer Hamza is one the best young batsman in SA and averages 51 that too playing on those SA pitches.  Saini and Siraj have bowled immaculately.  

We need combination of pace, bounce, accuracy and seam movement for tests in Australia. Tall bowlers have advantage.

My pace attack in Australia 2018

Bumrah

Shami

Ishant 

Siraj

Rajpoot  or  Saini based on form

This attack would have a nice mix of experience and youth ... mix of wicket taking bowlers and work horse ... sufficient pace and bounce ...  sufficient accuracy and skills.

Introduce Siraj in England 2018 ... last 2 tests. 

Introduce Saini or Rajpoot against WI 2018 based on form.

Edited by express bowling
8 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Yes he should, throwing someone to the deep end in Aus isn't a bad idea, but it's better if they have intl exposure, lest we forget Siraj's LO debut.

They're not, they're the best batting tracks in the world. Have been consistently for almost 2 decades now.

Siraj and Saini both hits 145KPH. So, saying they are not fast is not accepting the reality. Siraj bowled one of the fast over this IPL, hitting quickest at 149kph.  did you watch his bowling video against WI A. if not, search Mohammed Siraj, you will find it on youtube.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

My pace attack in Australia 2018

Bumrah

Shami

Ishant 

Siraj

Rajpoot  or  Saini based on form

This attack would have a nice mix of experience and youth ... mix of wicket taking bowlers and work horse ... sufficient pace and bounce ...  sufficient accuracy

Introduce Siraj in England 2018 ... last 2 tests. 

Introduce Saini or Rajpoot against WI 2018 based on form.

Shami's on and off field issues are forcing me to keep him out of that squad.  i cant have someone struggling with personal issues letting them team down at the crucial moments like he did in SA.

Siraj and Saini both hits 145KPH. So, saying they are not fast is not accepting the reality. Siraj bowled one of the fast over this IPL, hitting quickest at 149kph.  did you watch his bowling video against WI A. if not, search Mohammed Siraj, you will find it on youtube.

Hitting 145kph isn't enough when your avg speeds will be 130kph or less over the course of a day.

You have IPL or FC stats, here are real intl matches.

https://imgur.com/a/F87sYmm

Edited by R!TTER
4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

After watching likes of Siraj, Saini, and Rajpoot, I believe they are highly skilled bowlers and can move the ball both ways.  Likes of Saini and Rajpoot have better control than our current pacers.  Look at the current A game, SA A 6/2 after 8 overs on a pitch where our batsman just scored 583 runs.  Saini and Siraj have bowled immaculately.  

Agree.

Siraj has great wicket taking ability and pace. Is moving the ball both ways now. Has improved his accuracy and stamina. Is in great form.

Saini is a skiddy bowler who combines pace, accuracy, stamina and seam movement both ways. Is a wicket taker.

Rajpoot has height, bounce, accuracy, outswing and sufficient pace.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Siraj hit 149.9 kph in this IPL. There were other deliveries at 148 k and 147 k too. And lots of 144 k to 146 k balls.

8 minutes ago, Number said:

Aussie pitches are hopeless. It would be a nightmare for these bowlers to play their first series there.

Adelaide is now one of the fastest pitch on earth, guess they have changed the soil, gabba always has extra zip off the surface that can aid both these two who are more zippy pace bowlers and Perth we all know... I say they both should be groomed.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Shami's on and off field issues are forcing me to keep him out of that squad.  i cant have someone struggling with personal issues letting them team down at the crucial moments like he did in SA.

Shami has suffered due to personal issues ONLY in the South Africa series 2018.

Can't punish such a high quality pacer ... who averages 24 in tests in the last 2 years and bowls quick ... due to personal problems in only one series.

26 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

best of players have comeout after being thrown into deep end

n its not as deep as ur making out, it ll b very avg aussie side 

He isnt a t20 bowler n t20 is harsh format for bowlers and anyone can fail under nerves. 

Im saying give them last 2 test n home series against WI before aussie tour 

5 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Hitting 145kph isn't enough when your avg speeds will be 130kph or less over the course of a day.

You have IPL or FC stats, here are real intl matches.

https://imgur.com/a/F87sYmm

you are showing his 1st or 2nd T20 game for India where he bowled a lot of slower balls and was bowling slower intentionally and overlooking what he has done in last 3-4 months on A tour.  You are now mixing formats. Siraj should not be in our T20 team, but is ideal for tests and can try even in ODIs. He is taking wickets everywhere against every opponent WI A, England Lions, and now SA A.  He is shattering the door to Indian teams.  Sometime back even I was not really enthusiastic about his chances after his T20I debut against SL and NZ, but seeing him in IPL, the way he improved after every game and at the pace he bowled, some really good stuff despite playing in Chinnaswamy and now with A team.  I had rated him behind Saini and Rajpoot but his performances has shattered all that notion.  He is now ahead in my book.  He now has 23 wickets at an average of 14 in 3 matches he has played for India A.