Ravichandran Ashwin... is he fit enough to play test cricket?

asterix

32 minutes ago, VT87 said:

Kumble I have a huge respect about this man.if iam not wrong he was instrumental for our win in Perth and got bucket full of wickets in 2003 series in aus.i am yet waiting for that kind of performance by fatso Ashwin.hamar apna minefield expert As:adore:hwin 

Do you know how many years Kumble played before becoming decent overseas? A good part of 10 years. He was very ordinary on the 1996 tour to SA, 1996 tour to England, 1997 tour in WI, 1999 tour to Australia. His started evolving as the overseas spinner only after 2001 (His debut was in 1990). He used to keep things quiet but did not pick many wickets except for few innings here an there. The 2003 Australia tour you are talking about was 13 years post his debut and at least 10 years post him becoming regular in the Indian team. Spinners develop late and Ashwin is at the stage of his career where he will start to deliver for us. Don't expect spinners to run through batting line ups on seaming conditions overseas. Like how we should not expect our pacers to run through batting line ups in India. He did well as the support act, picking up 2/40. Also Sam Curran survived a very close LBW shout, only saved because of the umpires call. He took 7 wickets in the first game at Edgbaston, I sure that was a minefield? 

The numbers were presented in the previous page, too bad you didn't respond to that. If you could take some time out and pin point your exact grouse we could arrive at something substantial. If 9(22) constitutes tonking, may be you have exceptionally high standards.

Look, I’m not used to write long posts and stats etc...

Let me put in a layman’s language...

Ashwin used to be a STRIKE bowler... but being over intelligent, snobbish, he’s tried to do too much things with his bowling and now he’s just an average spinner...

You can’t trust him as a strike bowler. Any decent batsman can negotiate his spin. For all all so called bag of tricks. A rookie 20 year old “left hander” is able to play him with some application. He was taken to cleaners by the same 20 year old in his previous match...

The guy is not fit enough. Barely managed to play in the last match with frequent breaks to the loo...

He’s not fully fit and is hiding his injuries just to keep his place in the team...

Yes, his captain doesn’t backs him in his bowling. He’s an impatient captain. But Ashwin is not like Kumble either. He had potential but for some reason he’s screwed up his bowling.

You guys can be suckers of him but deep down you very well know that the guy had potential but because of his ego or high intelligence whatever, he’s now screwed up and not as lethal as he was shaping to be in his early days...

Those who are hoping “with baited breath” that Ashwin will become more “potent” in near future like Kumble, good luck to you guys...

Ashwin will do well to get even 50% close to Kumble... he doesn’t has work ethics or any attitude to help him achieve that...