Former India pacer R P Singh retires

Switchblade

Reducing age to play age group cricket was very common in those days.  Everyone used to do this.  My brother played state U19 that way.  One of the boys from our club played for J&K U19 team probably at the age of 24.  He even made it to J&K ranji team, was a WK/bat, played 4 matches for them in 2015.
Do your brother play Cricket now?

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

He didn't want to go the extra steps and work harder. Same trait I see in umesh Yadav. Content with what you have. Rp fizzed out. Most pacers apart from bumrah will also fizz out.

cant compare Umesh to RP.  Umesh is still as fit as any even after debuting in 2010, still can bowl fast.  You can say he lacks the bowling nous.  RP did not have any lack of bowling nous, but got complacent, was lazy and did not work on his fitness.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:20 PM, Cricketics said:

He was brilliant in the 2007 world t20 and during Wngland tour.

The ball to Matt Prior in 2006 series in England is one of the best deliveries by any Indian bowler.

I think you're talking about the inswinger to Vaughan from around the wicket?

2 hours ago, MechEng said:

I am pretty sure it wasn’t Vaughan. He got Vaughan out too bowler but not the same dismissal which I mean as the one to Prior came back in and was just unplayable.  I have full recordings of that series in one of my old laptops as I used to record games then.  and will have to look it up and post it here. Youtube search doesn’t show anything.

3 hours ago, MechEng said:

19 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I am pretty sure it wasn’t Vaughan. He got Vaughan out too bowler but not the same dismissal which I mean as the one to Prior came back in and was just unplayable.  I have full recordings of that series in one of my old laptops as I used to record games then.  and will have to look it up and post it here. Youtube search doesn’t show anything.

Hey found it and took a gif of it.

One is the dismissal of Prior which I was talking about and the other is just a regular delivery showing the swing he was getting back in the days in England series. The delivery to Prior in real time looked just top class.

00763ED9-918D-4F3C-BFB0-C907D5DA4452.gif

80277789-0FFA-4950-BCF0-86FA55D7985B.gif

25 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Hey found it and took a gif of it.

One is the dismissal of Prior which I was talking about and the other is just a regular delivery showing the swing he was getting back in the days in England series. The delivery to Prior in real time looked just top class.

00763ED9-918D-4F3C-BFB0-C907D5DA4452.gif

80277789-0FFA-4950-BCF0-86FA55D7985B.gif

Eevryone gets swing in England.  His performance to me was nothing special on that tour.