India decriminalizes Homosexuality

Franco Vazquez

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

I don't care if its normal or not normal. You said disease. Which is a medical term. Provide evidence that homosexuality is a disease or accept the fact that you passed judgement on something you are ignorant of. 

Most won't punch me in the face because most men here are not that insecure about being closet-gays like yourself that any and all mention of being gay in public offends you.

There is a long history of vocal conservative anti-gay spokespeople being closet gays themselves, unable to 'remain in the closet' with greater acceptance of such things.

There is no basis to say that it is genetically abnormal. We can just as easily say that certain % of population being gay is perfectly genetically normal as a genetic response to natural curbing of population growth rates in a species. 

You are passing value judgements with zero evidence. 

Show us medical evidence that homosexuality is an illness - any scholarly medical paper of the last 20 years will do. 

I don't like to waste time on something I have no expertise in. I am not related to any kind of medical dep or anything. In my opinion, Homosexuality in men is a mental disease and I don't care if you agree with or not and for god's sake stop quoting again and again otherwise I will report you

Just now, Nikhil_cric said:

What are the Indian traditionalist views on homosexuality though? 

there is no traditional view. 
There are some hindu views that the 'atma' is male or female but as we get re-incarnated, in an imperfect universe, we have a 'glitch in the matrix' event and a male atma is trapped in a female body or vice versa for a life cycle...can't remember exactly where i read this, but i can track this POV down with time. 

7 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

wait...so you agree with me when i dismiss psychiatry as mired in politics and culture, hence GTFO with psychiatry as a hard science, yet you oppose me on that.... Sensible !

No, the politics and culture only affect how treatment happens in response. The underlying mechanisms are the same only.  

3 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

I don't like to waste time on something I have no expertise in. I am not related to any kind of medical dep or anything. In my opinion, Homosexuality in men is a mental disease and I don't care if you agree with or not and for god's sake stop quoting again and again otherwise I will report you

You are not an expert in a topic, but you form an opinion on it. That is jahilliyat 101, people. 

Your opinion is irrelevant and not even worth toilet paper its written on, if you are going to form opinions on topics that has potential to hurt people with your diatribes, but you have ZERO education in said field. 

You can go ahead and report me, i can quote you as many times as i wish. 

PS: Why only in men ? why not in women ?

Edited by Muloghonto

Just now, Moochad said:

No, the politics and culture only affect how treatment happens in response. The underlying mechanisms are the same only.  

False. The entire spectrum of politics and culture determines the suppositions, the validity of the test subjects, etc. It is *not* a hard science like physics or chemistry, neither is it completely soft science like women's studies and psychology - its closer to the latter though, due to fundamental biases in behaviour analysis across cultures. 

Just now, Franco Vazquez said:

Mental disease is not an opinion. It is either a fact or it isn't . Can you link me to any relevant study that claims that homosexuality in men is a mental disease? The only reason you are even saying this exclusively for men is because Islamic jurisprudence says so. Why don't you just admit that instead of trying to be an expert on medical science? :)

1 minute ago, Muloghonto said:

You are not an expert in a topic, but you form an opinion on it. That is jahilliyat 101, people. 

Your opinion is irrelevant and not even worth toilet paper its written on, if you are going to form opinions on topics that has potential to hurt people with your diatribes, but you have ZERO education in said field. 

You can go ahead and report me, i can quote you as many times as i wish. 

Yes because I don't like gays or feel comfortable with them because they are corny and sissy af. You can't change what I feel or think. MODS take a look at that last line. Its a borderline cyber harassment

Yes because I don't like gays or feel comfortable with them because they are corny and sissy af. You can't change what I feel or think. MODS take a look at that last line. Its a borderline cyber harassment
Dude you've brought on it you yourself .
You're spreading hate speech against LGBT people who have done nothing to you, and when people counter that with legit facts, you're crying "mummy!"
You're the one who is sissy and corny here.
Not gays

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

There simply is no evidence for such hard genetic determinism, is my point. 

It is an irrelevant point, as it hasn't been ruled out in any way. It remains a possibility until a human model has been used to falsify it.  

Just now, Franco Vazquez said:

It isn't any form of harassment, because the entire point of message board, is to quote people and respond to them. If you dont want people to respond to you, either put them on your ignore list or stop posting. Simple. 

I dont care to change your mind. I just thought that you'd be intelligent and smart enough to form opinions based on FACTS. which you clearly don't. 
Your feelings on a matter of science (disease IS a scientific topic) is immaterial. 

Your 'opinion' doesn't make a disease. It either is a clinically valid disease or it is not. 

Just now, Moochad said:

It is an irrelevant point, as it hasn't been ruled out in any way. It remains a possibility until a human model has been used to falsify it.  

This is not how science works. This is how religion works. 'i am going to believe something is true till it is proven otherwise' is not science. 
I have no reason to consider that every action of ours has a genetic trigger to it. Neither do you. We have seen no evidence of genetically induced robotic behaviour in species homo sapiens. 

2 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Opposition to homosexuality is not just an Islamic thing. A normal person is 90% likely to be against it.

Your unsupported opinion. 
You have multiple heterosexual people here saying to you that we are not against it - to us, it is just not sexual, but not much different than talking about how hairy your armpit or ear lobes are either. 

What is not an opinion, but fact, is that homoexuality is minority natural behaviour in countless species, thus making it natural. Hence Islam is wrong when it says homosexuality is unnatural. 

Edited by Muloghonto

Just now, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dude you've brought on it you yourself .
You're spreading hate speech against LGBT people who have done nothing to you, and when people counter that with legit facts, you're crying "mummy!"
You're the one who is sissy and corny here.
Not gays

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Its not crying mummy or anything like that. This guy has been doing it again and again and when he can't get his viewpoint through he starts getting personal. A lot of gay people have made me feel uncomfortable because they are corny and always try to force themselves on you which if a man does to woman its regarded as harassment.

3 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

there is no traditional view. 
There are some hindu views that the 'atma' is male or female but as we get re-incarnated, in an imperfect universe, we have a 'glitch in the matrix' event and a male atma is trapped in a female body or vice versa for a life cycle...can't remember exactly where i read this, but i can track this POV down with time. 

Thanks but I meant in terms of what do the modern Indian/Hindu conservatives view homosexuality as? It certainly is not in Hindu tradition to promote homosexuality but there's enough evidence that homosexuality, homoeroticism etc. were tolerated in bygone times. If Hindu conservatives are opposed to it, that's most likely a result of Hindu revivalist movements like the Arya samaj etc. Like all ancient traditions, Hinduism had a much more fluid understanding of gender and sexuality . It's only with the coming of Judaism did that understanding change. What Hindu conservatives actually support, while opposing this move, is a traditionally Judeo-Christian/Islamic understanding and that's why I asked. 

1 minute ago, Franco Vazquez said:

Its not crying mummy or anything like that. This guy has been doing it again and again and when he can't get his viewpoint through he starts getting personal. A lot of gay people have made me feel uncomfortable because they are corny and always try to force themselves on you which if a man does to woman its regarded as harassment.

You live in the middle East and gay people tried to force themselves on you . A very believable story :giggle:

4 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

False. The entire spectrum of politics and culture determines the suppositions, the validity of the test subjects, etc. It is *not* a hard science like physics or chemistry, neither is it completely soft science like women's studies and psychology - its closer to the latter though, due to fundamental biases in behaviour analysis across cultures. 

False, your statement is baseless. Culture only affects the reaction to the disease/disorder/irregularity.      

47 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

stop making up lies. 
You live in the UAE, is a high-school kid and you wish us to believe that gay people are forcing themselves on you ?

In my nearly 20 years in some of the most gay-friendly cities in the world (SF, Seattle, Van), i've had a gay person 'harass' me only twice. 
Which automatically makes gay people in my eyes better than 99.99% of straight men, because women get harassed by straight men FAR MORE FREQUENTLY than couple of times in 20 years. 

And you've had gay people harass you in UAE or in these short trips to foreign countries ???

Edited by beetle