Krunal should replace Hardik in the Asia Cup squad

SecondSlip

I have a feeling dhoni will retire in windies series. Karma bites.

And if dk plays next two matches I feel we will see a century from him.

Pant will not be for wc 2019 unless DK flops miserably.

Jadeja might make to the team is my guess.

Rohit

Dhawan

Rahul

Kohli

DK

jadhav

Hardik

Jadeja

Kuldeep

Khaleel

Bumrah

Edited by prasen82
I have a feeling dhoni will retire in windies series. Karma bites.

And if dk plays next two matches I feel we will see a century from him.

Pant will not be for wc 2019 unless DK flops miserably.

Jadeja might make to the team is my guess.

Rohit
Dhawan
Rahul
Kohli
DK
jadhav
Hardik
Jadeja
Kuldeep
Khaleel
Bumrah

Dreams dekhte rehe jao

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Dreams dekhte rehe jao

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Applying Game theory it is win win for dhoni.

Anyways we will get screwed in world cup and dhoni cannot play after.

So if he retires now saying DK and pant are good enough he will be seen as

Selfless, retiring on high and increasing his brand equity for post retirement . He could be a bigger brand than Sachin post retirement.

He will also be escaping from pressure and not be made the scapegoat for wc loss.
His gamble would have been to retire after 2019 win but with the current team it looks unlikely so better to quit.

If India wins wc then dhoni would be considered the selfless teammate
And If India loses , all blame would go to virat or pant/DK with fans wondering dhoni could have won the world cup.

He has everything to gain by retiring now. Timed to perfection .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, philcric said:

Compared to none. 

Taking a player's biggest weakness (playing swing in Rohit's case) and putting him in the batting position and the conditions where it happens the most (opening in SA/Eng/NZ) is an extremely dumb idea.

There always has to be a reference othewise it is meaningless. Vijay was a walking wkt for almost an year and Sharma was an upgrade. Not ideal still better.

Applying Game theory it is win win for dhoni.

Anyways we will get screwed in world cup and dhoni cannot play after.

So if he retires now saying DK and pant are good enough he will be seen as

Selfless, retiring on high and increasing his brand equity for post retirement . He could be a bigger brand than Sachin post retirement.

He will also be escaping from pressure and not be made the scapegoat for wc loss.
His gamble would have been to retire after 2019 win but with the current team it looks unlikely so better to quit.

If India wins wc then dhoni would be considered the selfless teammate
And If India loses , all blame would go to virat or pant/DK with fans wondering dhoni could have won the world cup.

He has everything to gain by retiring now. Timed to perfection .

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It won't happen and he'll make people cry even after retiring

Sent from my SM-A710F using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

There always has to be a reference othewise it is meaningless. Vijay was a walking wkt for almost an year and Sharma was an upgrade. Not ideal still better.

That argument is flawed.

Vijay being a walking wicket does not make the suggestion of Rohit as test opener in SA/Eng any better. Rohit is not an opener in longer format, neither has the style of game nor the past performances to indicate he'd have any chance to succeed in those conditions at that batting position.

After Rahul and Dhawan if you have to think of another opener in place of Vijay, it has to be someone like Mayank or Prithvi who are openers and have been doing exceptionally well in that format and in that batting position.

3 minutes ago, philcric said:

That argument is flawed.

Vijay being a walking wicket does not make the suggestion of Rohit as test opener in SA/Eng any better. Rohit is not an opener in longer format, neither has the style of game nor the past performances to indicate he'd have any chance to succeed in those conditions at that batting position.

After Rahul and Dhawan if you have to think of another opener in place of Vijay, it has to be someone like Mayank or Prithvi who are openers and have been doing exceptionally well in that format and in that batting position.

Basic premise of the arguement is fine.

I have no problem with Mayank opening but the comparison was Vijay. I am all for giving chances to players who perform.

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

Basic premise of the arguement is fine.

I have no problem with Mayank opening but the comparison was Vijay. I am all for giving chances to players who perform.

Not quite.

If let's say Dhawan loses his form badly in ODIs now and scores about 100 runs in the next 15 innings, he will have to be replaced. Replaced by Rahul/Prithvi/Mayank or even Iyer/Pant/Pandey/Karthik. Suggesting Pujara to replace Dhawan in ODIs would still be a terrible idea even if he'd be able to score more than Dhawan at that point.

49 minutes ago, philcric said:

Not quite.

If let's say Dhawan loses his form badly in ODIs now and scores about 100 runs in the next 15 innings, he will have to be replaced. Replaced by Rahul/Prithvi/Mayank or even Iyer/Pant/Pandey/Karthik. Suggesting Pujara to replace Dhawan in ODIs would still be a terrible idea even if he'd be able to score more than Dhawan at that point.

First no one should get more than 2 to 3 consecutive innings. Once again the comparison was Vijay and Sharma. That was no brainer. Long term solution is Rahul and Mayank.

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

First no one should get more than 2 to 3 consecutive innings. Once again the comparison was Vijay and Sharma. That was no brainer. Long term solution is Rahul and Mayank.

It's a no brainer to not even mention Rohit, opening, tests, Eng in the same sentence.

Irrespective of what's happening with Vijay or Dhawan or Rahul.