Ravindra Jadeja and Siddharth Kaul to fly to Dubai to replace Axar Patel and shardul

22 hours ago, express bowling said:

Our cricket fraternity have always had a love affair with trundlers.  And if they are short then it is icing on the cake  (  don't ask about source of that white icing  )  We can't do without atleast one.

We keep going back to the Kauls, Sharduls and Unadkats even though there are some good quality fast bowlers waiting in the wings.  

It is like taking one step forward and two steps back.

Why not pick Navdeep Saini who is both accurate and quick  ?

What will a pace attack  (  if we can call it that  )   of Kaul and Chahar do on these slow pitches  ?

I don't mind playing trundlers in UAE for this tournament. Still don't see the point of playing our best fast bowler and risking injury. Better to let the likes of kaul bowl here.

Edited by Nikhil_cric
38 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I don't mind playing trundlers in UAE for this tournament. Still don't see the point of playing our best fast bowler and risking injury. Better to let the likes of kaul bowl here.

Yeah ... I want Bumrah rested for all non-Pakistan matches.

But problem with including Kaul is that ... if he comes up with a decent performance even against a weaker team ... he will linger on in the future and block a deserving spot.

7 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Chahal doesn't put on the revs on the ball that Kuldeep does. The point is you need someone who can bowl round arm 90 kph darts on these wickets with low bounce. Jadeja is probably the best darter in the country and he could be lethal if jadhav s performance is anything to go by. 

Jadeja has vast experience. While Chahal and Kuldeep are still newbies. There is merit to what you say. But not such a big deal.