India needs to find pace bowling all-rounder

vayuu1

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

dying - wakeup did u see IND-SA n IND-eng series 

the reason its dying becoz teams arent competitve ...coz its the toughest format

Less popularity has nothing to do with how tough is the game 

Have you ever played anything competitive?

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

1 )  You change the " goalpost " a lot while debating.  The topic was  " test cricket is the toughest format  ".   You can agree or disagree ... but whether test cricket is dying or not does not necessarily have any relevance with its toughness from a player's perpective.

2 )    When almost every international player says something, it means that is what they feel.

3 )   Most teams, including us ,  play 8 to 12 test matches a year on an average.  Moreover, World Test Championship is about to start, which will give more relevance to every test series.  All these are not signs of a dying format.

4 )  Players exclusive to the T20 format lack pedigree, longevity, star value and crowd pulling power as a result.  Paul Valthaty is nowhere to be found now. Tymal Mills seems to be lost.  Some big IPL performers like Utthappa, Yousuf Pathan and Chawla have no star power.

The biggest stars are still those who do well or have done well in test matches plus ODIs.   Players who have done well in ODIs only,  do manage to survive but are rarely as big stars as those who play both tests and ODIs.

Combination of test match and ODI success give real pedigree ...  and hence star power and crowd pulling power.

Test matches will survive due to this reason only.

Goalpost is still there 100 yds across the field.

(1) Basic topic is that if Pandya is an allrounder. Answer is no.

(2) International players are doing lip service. Even Dhoni will say Test cricket is the hardest format but wants to play where money is.

(3) Societies are capitalistic in nature and they follow money. If test cricket is so great why is it in ICU?

(4) No productive society can watch a crapfest for 5 days. I would sit in the stands and most of the entertainment would be fights breaking out on day three.

(5) Let me give you an analogy, what is more fun 100 m dash or marathon event in olympics?

30 minutes ago, Khota said:

Goalpost is still there 100 yds across the field.

(1) Basic topic is that if Pandya is an allrounder. Answer is no.

(3) Societies are capitalistic in nature and they follow money. If test cricket is so great why is it in ICU?

(4) No productive society can watch a crapfest for 5 days. I would sit in the stands and most of the entertainment would be fights breaking out on day three.

Le pandya ka bowling dekh le aur crowd bhi dekh le, konsa seat khaali dikh rha hai 

32 minutes ago, Khota said:

(2) International players are doing lip service. Even Dhoni will say Test cricket is the hardest format but wants to play where money is.

Dhoni never enjoyed test cricket which his own coach revealed doesnt mean others wnt

This is what kohli says 

“I cannot explain to you the job satisfaction that you get when you do well in Test cricket, because you know how demanding it is,” Kohli told ‘Wisden’.

“It’s the most beautiful format of the game. I don’t think it’s going to go anywhere. I don’t even see it getting compressed to four days.”

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Le pandya ka bowling dekh le aur crowd bhi dekh le, konsa seat khaali dikh rha hai 

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhoni never enjoyed test cricket which his own coach revealed doesnt mean others wnt

This is what kohli says 

“I cannot explain to you the job satisfaction that you get when you do well in Test cricket, because you know how demanding it is,” Kohli told ‘Wisden’.

“It’s the most beautiful format of the game. I don’t think it’s going to go anywhere. I don’t even see it getting compressed to four days.”

Why is test cricket not self sustaining?

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

Why is test cricket not self sustaining?

as i said its a tough format n teams are loosing quality so it isnt competitve

t20 takes that out of picture, the shorter the format the distance btw team gets less............even the mighty aussie were beaten by zimb in 2007WC

teams like pak,wi, sl, aus have gone down around the world so games are becoming one sided

the minute their is a competitive games its housefull

IND-SA housefull

Ind-eng packed stadiums