Rohit Sharma’s captaincy talk of the town now; responsibility made him better batsman: Sunil Gavaskar

Switchblade

Just now, express bowling said:

This is why I don't give much give much importance to praises by " experts " when the team or player is doing well.

Most don't have the courage to point out a deficiency when success is coming, but start praising non stop.

How often have heard the following ...

A pacer bowls a bouncer ... gets hit for a 4 ... commentator says  " Poor choice of ball on a slow pitch / conditions where ball is moving etc. " 

Same pacer bowls a vicious bouncer next over ...  same commentator ,  " Brilliant bowling by him, he has the extra pace to bowl short on any pitch "

Yes, Fortunately I still play some cricket and come as first change bowler (as i like one side shinning ball). I remember one game i was bowling.In our division every team gets one or two batsmen from their top divsion so that they can score few runs. The two bats who were scoring runs, I was brought in as first change to bowl to them. I got more destructive one out but while attempting to go after another bat ( I knew others wont get him out that easy), I went for 10(o)-1(m)-48(r)-1(w). Then spinner comes in. drop a dolly and he is caught out. Now later, during lunch break, Skipper comes in and advises me. Sometime you shouldnt go after batsmen.

Luckily next game which was rain curtailed (6 overs max per bowler),Got the main batsman out in first over as other main bat was allready out, I started dominating the match. Infact first time I managed to hit the helmet of one bat. Then same captain and rest of team were all in praises. because i got 3 wickets in 6 overs. Could have got more if only umpire knew that LBW was also given and he could have heard a clear snick.

So, in matches, condition may play a differing role. Commentators can not pick and Choose, but its in human nature

1 minute ago, Nikola said:

Idk who is doing selection of squad and xi but if xi is picked properly and best for conditions then rohit will surely win in far more dominating fashion against these minnows. Kohli depends alot on dhoni in odis while rohit needs dhoni mostly for drs reviews. I would still take risk of picking pant over dhoni and rohit over kohli as captain.

My XI for Worldcup:

Rohit

Dhawan

Virat

Rahul

Pant

Kedar

Pandya

Khaleel

Kuldeep

Chahal/Bhuvi/Shami

Bumrah

We can play this side if rohit captains side else will have to pick dhoni for doing half the job of virat.

WTF ? This place never learns . :puke: 

There was stage where everyone felt kohli is underperforming in dhoni's captaincy (was after worldcup). It looked kohli wanted captaincy anyhow and i do feel he won't give up his captaincy. He is really hungry for it and yes he performs better as captain but his captaincy is poor which might affect team's result.

This type of persons usually make the worst team leaders LMAO.
Kohli is all about maintaining his image and is incredibly power hungry without having the necessary skills.
A good captain should be able to perform even without captaincy.

Ehh-if he is forced to give up then he has to give up.
I won't be surprised if Kohli is even forced out of the team through backdoor.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Agree with that 100%. Kohli is not unlucky. He has incorrect attitude and no brain. He doesnt do homework , poor understanding of game and that results in obvious brain freeze.
Kohli's mostly poor skills, but also a bit of luck factor works.
Rohit has gone away with mistakes that Kohli hasn't.

The biggest problem is Kohli wants to imitate Dhoni without having the required management skills.

7 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Kohli's mostly poor skills, but also a bit of luck factor works.
Rohit has gone away with mistakes that Kohli hasn't.

The biggest problem is Kohli wants to imitate Dhoni without having the required management skills.

I know @Laaloo will trollvote me now but, It was MSD not luck, that was biggest factor for our victories.  Any team, which had a destructive keeper in modern era allways give that extra edge which is difference between win and loss. Dhoni took keeping to new level at the same time not just destructive, he was a perfect  finishers. In past, It was gilly for australia, Right now England has same  keeper cushion. Thats why wee need Pant version 2.0.

Also, His man management skill was tremendous. That Nagpur test send off, Send off series for Sachin, Gestures like such can not happen if captains heart and mind is in complete agreement. @velu opene thread after thread praising MSD, but the true greatnes of MSD as captain lies in here. Not just his own skill, He knew how to handle each player, apart from may be Kohli

Indian fans are lucky to have seen MSD.

Edited by mishra
58 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I at least get that during Tendulkar Gavaskar, etcs time there wasn't any advanced fitness regimens like we have now.
Then what is the secret behind Rohit's belly?

Vada paav is still the same. But I think everybody has a different level of fit body fat ratio. As long as they have enough store to bat a hundred, who cares

Kohli will find it very difficult to retain his place post 2020 for he is no Dhoni who comes with a monstorous personality in Indian cricket(the cricket Czar)
Thats the profecy,you have seen it here first

Exactly that's what I am saying.
Dhoni is not just a huge person - but a master politician, Machiavelli reincarnated.
I'm sure he's manipulating Rohit too.

Kohli's problem is he has isolated softer members of the team(basically everybody else except Hardik Pandya).

However , the biggest mistake he made was probably trying to drop Rohit from test squad.
Though I bet Rohit was planning the takeover since a long time - this gave him a perfect opportunity to seize the throne.
The way he's coming up the ranks as a potential rival coupled with the emphasis on Kohli's shitty captaincy-it's already a given that Kohli the Kuptaan Wrogn won't last till 2023
BTW - there was a rumour that Kohli tried to upstage Dhoni as captain and in fact helped to get kicked out so that he can get to be the Captain.
We already know how desperate he was to become the captain because he it would boost his popularity
But then he got manipulated by Dhoni himself lol - because he's just too idiot and insecure of himself

I won't be surprised if Dhoni is playing Narada here by pitting Rohit against Kohli.
Add Kumble to the mix and it is Cricket Ka Bigg Boss.

Already heard Kumble is in contacts with Rahane , Rohit and a couple of other disgruntled players.

To be frank, if he doesn't manage to eat the humble pie - I won't be surprised if Kohli gets kicked off the squad by the next Captain.
Yes, a lot of money is involved and Kohli may be the topmost cricketer, but his popularity is sliding to the negative and sometimes some risk is worth taking.
The public is too gradually understanding that the team is better off without Kohli and his psycho BS.

Everybody is power hungry-and the way Kohli treats people out of his inner circle, no wonder 3 Times IPL champion And Ambani ka Laadla Rohit won't try his hand out.
He's far a better politician than Kohli would ever be.
And when Kohli himself managed to overthrow Dhoni for his own gain despite having zilch skills for the job, why can't Rohit man?
And Kohli has made so many people angry that there's literally no way out for him.

2 hours ago, mishra said:

I know @Laaloo will trollvote me now but, It was MSD not luck, that was biggest factor for our victories.  Any team, which had a destructive keeper in modern era allways give that extra edge which is difference between win and loss. Dhoni took keeping to new level at the same time not just destructive, he was a perfect  finishers. In past, It was gilly for australia, Right now England has same  keeper cushion. Thats why wee need Pant version 2.0.

Also, His man management skill was tremendous. That Nagpur test send off, Send off series for Sachin, Gestures like such can not happen if captains heart and mind is in complete agreement. @velu opene thread after thread praising MSD, but the true greatnes of MSD as captain lies in here. Not just his own skill, He knew how to handle each player, apart from may be Kohli

Indian fans are lucky to have seen MSD.

Msd was Good Wk Batsman And Captain In his First Few Years as Captain .He Had Knowledge of Legends like Sachin Dravid But After they Went his downfall started .