Bhuvneshwar Kumar admits the tour of Australia is going to be tough

1 hour ago, Nikola said:

No he has played few matches on other tracks too. 

Ind vs NZ (2016 Eden gardens) 6-76

Ind vs Eng (2016 Mumbai) 1-60

Ind vs Ban (2017 Hyderabad) 1-67

Ind vs Aus (2017 Dharamsala) 2-68

Ind vs SL (2017 Eden Gardens) 8-96

Yes only bold ones were helpful and that helps to get your stats better. Don't tell me it didn't have green top cause i saw that match live. Shami & Umesh are pretty good in indian conditions. Shami plays in all conditions and still avg 23-24 in India. Umesh can get reverse in most conditions.

ROFL, by this yardstick even Steyn, Garner or Lillee would be dropped if we are to focus on certain Indian tracks only.

The big fat ghanta that Shami & Umesh offered in SA & Eng respectively in the first test of both tours is conveniently ignored by phaassht boiler fans like u. Bhuvi blew away the top order against SA and Shami allowed them to claw back until Bumrah provided the breakthrough. Likewise with Umesh, had to be replaced with Ashwin in the 7th over on a very helpful wicket. Again put us on the back foot for the rest of the game and giving the lead & initiative to the opposition.

There is a reason Bhuvi averages better than these two, it's because he makes it count when there is a hint of assistance. Sucks for the others who cant, it ensures they aren't guaranteed a spot and rightly so.

23 hours ago, Nikola said:

Play any swing bowler on just green top and he will give you same stats in tests or even better & then rest him for flat highways and play umesh. In that way jadeja and ashwin are better than Warne and Murali right? Play any fine batsman on flat tracks daily and he will avg 60+ in test cricket easily. Your post doesn't even make sense.

11(21), i.e. >50% tests in India. Same avg of 26, same SR of 52 as overall record. Where is all this nonsense coming from ?

55 minutes ago, Clarke said:

11(21), i.e. >50% tests in India. Same avg of 26, same SR of 52 as overall record. Where is all this nonsense coming from ?

30 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

From Mr. Tesla's exhaust :phehe:

Okay so in india there were never green pitches right? Then what about being dropped for other matches? Why he has played just 11 matches in home in last 6 years?

2 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Okay so in india there were never green pitches right? Then what about being dropped for other matches? Why he has played just 11 matches in home in last 6 years?

Rested or dropped depending on the series, much more so of the former these days. Do u think Bumrah was dropped against WI ? 

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

Rested or dropped depending on the series, much more so of the former these days. Do u think Bumrah was dropped against WI ? 

Hmm okay so he was rested for those matches. I thought he was dropped. Then yeah he is best in all conditions. Must play in Australia series and worldcup.

29 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Hmm okay so he was rested for those matches. I thought he was dropped. Then yeah he is best in all conditions. Must play in Australia series and worldcup.

That would be Bumrah only. The whole point of this dragged out discussion is that he does certain things (and not all) reasonably well and he's not out of the picture as few posters such as you would suggest. Besides abilities, there's conditions and recent form to be considered for the entire pool. Its not simple black and white stuff but a lot of grey as well.

4 hours ago, Nikola said:

Okay so in india there were never green pitches right? Why he has played just 11 matches in home in last 6 years?

For e.g. look at Kolkata  test where seamers picked up all/ majority of wkts ..... Bhuvi likely banked on these type of conditions / situations 

And don’t forget likes of Rayudu avg high in LOIs  too, which does not mean they are better :winky:

Edited by zen