All Rounders do not exist.

Khota

3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I havent watched Sobers, however I did watch Kapil post 82-83 onwards. There was something common between Chris Cairns, Heath Streak, Abdur razzaq or even Wasim Akram.

And that is they were experts in atleast one of the discipline. Even without batting, Chris Cairns was still NZ's front line bowler, as was Heath Streak for Zim, Wasim for Pak.  There was a definite contribution from them. Sure, they might have had an off day here or there.

Whereas, no matter Pandya improving his strike rate from 88 to 55, theres no one discipline he could be said to be a  master of. He is a poor jack in both the trades. Indian test team doesnt need him as a bowler, because there are way better bowlers, neither a batsman coz he can do jacksh*t.

You are right in saying its unfair to compare Pandya, but the thing is, you have to look at things from a perspective. You cant experiment with a player at the cost of the team!

That is something others are missing. pandys as of today cannot reliabley take wkts.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Regarding Holders batting, I think he is an asset at no 8 any higher than 8 would be too high for him.He always could bat , He scored 100 against England three years back too.But the transformation in his bowling has made him a force in my view.

I guess he has added some pace as well he is more consistent on off stump line than be ever was. 

As you mentioned above, he already had a test 100 prior to the double.

Plus he also has the captaincy experience.  Ticks all the boxes.

33 minutes ago, Khota said:

Shankar came is an allrounder but does not bowl. Is that not keeping a pure bat out?

shankar is a pure batsman who can bowl 1st thing, he batted better then anyone in that last ODi ...was the highest scorer in last t20 as well. Ppl need to understand he is a batsman who can bowl ,he is good enough to play as batsman only. 

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I havent watched Sobers, however I did watch Kapil post 82-83 onwards. There was something common between Chris Cairns, Heath Streak, Abdur razzaq or even Wasim Akram.

And that is they were experts in atleast one of the discipline. Even without batting, Chris Cairns was still NZ's front line bowler, as was Heath Streak for Zim, Wasim for Pak.  There was a definite contribution from them. Sure, they might have had an off day here or there.

Whereas, no matter Pandya improving his strike rate from 88 to 55, theres no one discipline he could be said to be a  master of. He is a poor jack in both the trades. Indian test team doesnt need him as a bowler, because there are way better bowlers, neither a batsman coz he can do jacksh*t.

You are right in saying its unfair to compare Pandya, but the thing is, you have to look at things from a perspective. You cant experiment with a player at the cost of the team!

(1) The  point about having a strong skill, in tests , has been talked repeatedly and is a valid one.

(2) Kohli did not keep experimenting at cost of team. He stopped the experiment when crucial matches came. He did drop Pandya when he realized it was an historic series to win against Australia in Australia. 

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

(1) The  point about having a strong skill, in tests , has been talked repeatedly and is a valid one.

(2) Kohli did not keep experimenting at cost of team. He stopped the experiment when crucial matches came. He did drop Pandya when he realized it was an historic series to win against Australia in Australia. 

And we need to give Kohli credit for dropping Pandya. 

3 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Khota Bhai aapke sath ek topic pe 100 post debate karne ka time mere pass nahi. Please trigger someone else. Don't lay this traps for me.

agar time nahin to kya kare ho idhar. aap ek zanax le lein to theek feel karenge.

5 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

What do you mean by crucial matches? The dikkhead Pandya already cost us South Africa and England! It was way too late for kohli. 

On 2/16/2019 at 4:53 AM, Rightarmfast said:

What do you mean by crucial matches? The dikkhead Pandya already cost us South Africa and England! It was way too late for kohli. 

chal point pe attack krta hu 

How week is ur math???

India lost 2 games in SA out of which Pandya performed in 1....so how did he cost u Sa series . Pujara , dhawan, Rahul, vijay, rohit , keeper didnt perform in any game didnt they cost u the game

In england even if u check all lost games , pandya grinded more then others with the bat. HE won u the only game in england and had the best bowling figures in 2nd test so how did he lost u the test ???? He was neither the worst batsman . 

dhawan(just small knocks), DK , vijay - didnt play a single good innings in england 

Pujara, rahane were highly inconsistent 

Pandya alone lost u series

Srsly tell me did u even watch those series?????

Now before u  give Aus series example, again go n watch the diff between pujara, keeper , openers avg in ENG, Sa vs AUS series series and then also see what diff did vihari n rohit did then pandya. What ull see others standing up and vihari n rohit still doing less then pandya. That diff in others avg was the reason. So stop fooling urself 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03