Christian missionary killed in Andaman and Nicobar Islands

Ranvir

1 hour ago, mishra said:

Well, I see nothing wrong in attempting to rescue a body so that missionary's family can find some peace too. This is a no win situation as soon as missionary decided to go on path of Jesus

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-46345231?ocid=socialflow_twitter

Well the Beeb says so, so I guess it is ok. It's not an outrage.

"The risk of a deadly epidemic of flu, measles or other outside disease is very real, and increases with every contact," said Survival International's director Stephen Corry. "Such efforts in similar cases in the past have ended with the Sentinelese attempting to defend their island by force."

Mr Corry concluded: "Mr Chau's body should be left alone, as should the Sentinelese."

Survival International advocates for tribal peoples' rights and has campaigned for the protection of the indigenous groups living in the Andamans.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:16 AM, Moochad said:

This can sound horrible, but I don't feel any sympathy for this rascal. With uncontacted/isolated tribes, many of them lack the immunities to diseases other people carry. If he spread that disease to this tribe, they could have gone extinct! 

IIRC there was another tribe like this whose numbers fell from 9000 to under 1000 when they were contacted by a missionary and had a new disease introduced to them. 

The fishermen who ferryed him to the island in this restricted area should be arrested promptly. 

100% agree

This is also partly how the Europeans genocided the Native Americans. They spread syphilis and small pox among the populations of the Americas causing mass deaths. They went so far as to give the Native Americans small pox infected blankets...

What is also disturbing is that a closed-off, restricted area like this was so easily accessed :facepalm:

3 hours ago, mishra said:

Well, I see nothing wrong in attempting to rescue a body so that missionary's family can find some peace too. This is a no win situation as soon as missionary decided to go on path of Jesus

What if they kill more ?

Is it worth it?

Or if the tribals get some disease?

This dead idiot is not worth it.

The family should make peace with the fact that he was stupid and risking others is not worth the risk.

No dead body is worth a life.