Rohit & Shaw opening at MCG ? Thought ?

test fan

How can people forget Sehwag also not a opening bestman a starting but Ganguly force him to open bcz opening bestman injured that series .so who know if Rohit click in both test might be solve permanent problem like how he did in odi in 2013. 

Edited by test fan
2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

what swinging condition ...just 5 overs when steyn was rested in that game, dhawan scored double the runs in that game then what rohit scored

Such small examples are misleading, 5 over negotiate krna is diff then 20 overs with red kookabura 

Shud i give number of xamples when he failed when ball was jagging around in odi 

2013 odi series in SA

Deepak chahar a below avg bowler made him dance last IPL

2014 NZ odi series 

How is it a myth if he fails 9 out of 10 times 

This is not Eng or Nzl. These are bouncy conditions and even in tough bouncy  conditions like that knock in the CB series there is no one better.

Dhawan is an international opener and no surprise he did well as well but Rohit was in his first year and did remarkably well.

If he survives 5 overs and even better somehow gets to a 100, expect carnage. He can be our new Sehwag type MVP 

Edited by Global.Baba
2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

Yuvraj Singh never opened at any level IIRC. Rohit has been opening against international attacks for 6 years now and is one of the greatest LOI openers of all time. 

ODi cricket n test cricket are very diff, i have no doubts about his ODI credentials 

Yuvraj n dhawan were better test player who had a bad fate 

5 minutes ago, test fan said:

I don't like Rohit in test also but what we other  option have right now .none ?? M not saying he will permanent play but in this series bcz both opener fail badly .if India can bring both Mayank and Pandya for next 2 test ( there a lot gap between 2nd 3rd game also )  then Mayank and P.shaw should have open but high unlikely they will bring both these player unless some injury .

My question is what is the thought of making him open ???

Yuvraj was made to open coz they cudnt find a place for him as he scored terrrfic ton in pak against that attack on green top in lahore

Sehwag made a 100 in Sa at 6 and they needed to find a place

Rohit has failed in 1st place only, 

Parthiv with bat is a better option at open then rohit provided he shudnt wear gloves 

Yes as i said if vijay doesnt play an outstanding knock retire and lets call mayank . Also whatever is the call do it permanent , even if it means u wanna open with rohit ...give him a fair shot at least 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

what swinging condition ...just 5 overs when steyn was rested in that game, dhawan scored double the runs in that game then what rohit scored

Such small examples are misleading, 5 over negotiate krna is diff then 20 overs with red kookabura 

Shud i give number of xamples when he failed when ball was jagging around in odi 

2013 odi series in SA

Deepak chahar a below avg bowler made him dance last IPL

2014 NZ odi series 

How is it a myth if he fails 9 out of 10 times 

A rookie Ishant once made Ponting dance too. So?

In swinging conditions on green mamba  every opener fails. Cook has a test average of 40 odd and is still considered one of the best of this era. Vijay is done now but even at his peak averaged around 39.00. Rohit can be the mvp if he opens.

Edited by Global.Baba
3 minutes ago, test fan said:

How can people forget Sehwag also not a opening bestman a starting but Ganguly force him to open bcz opening bestman injured that series .so who know if Rohit click in both test might be solve permanent problem like how he did in odi in 2013. 

Sir jee Sehwag made runs at 6 and they cudnt find a place for him so they had to make him open. Has rohit done anything to make special place for him

Sehwag fought fire with fire that is why many times he did well in tough conditions like In NZ 2002-03 tour he made 2 centuries or even fired mendis n murali when everyone was struggling

Rohit is a tentative player at start who does over analyize his game, both have very diff mindset .....mindset like sehwag are rare

Chappell talks about the mindset here

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ODi cricket n test cricket are very diff, i have no doubts about his ODI credentials 

Yuvraj n dhawan were better test player who had a bad fate 

My question is what is the thought of making him open ???

Yuvraj was made to open coz they cudnt find a place for him as he scored terrrfic ton in pak against that attack on green top in lahore

Sehwag made a 100 in Sa at 6 and they needed to find a place

Rohit has failed in 1st place only, 

Parthiv with bat is a better option at open then rohit provided he shudnt wear gloves 

Yes as i said if vijay doesnt play an outstanding knock retire and lets call mayank . Also whatever is the call do it permanent , even if it means u wanna open with rohit ...give him a fair shot at least 

Bcz we don't have any option left within this team and pathiv also same like Rohit but Rohit have more selling than partiv at this point .and 2 more match good enough for him to perform if he not deliver than droped parmanently him for test team  .

2 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

A rookie Ishant once made Ponting dance too. So?

In swinging conditions on green mamba  every opener fails. Cook has a test average of 40 odd and is still considered one of the best of this era. Vijay is done now but even at his peak averaged around 39.00. Rohit can be the mvp if he opens.

ishant was high quality bowler, chahar is not

He was one of the best talent who emerged....

Konsa green mamba tha in sab men , green mamba was when amir bowled in asia cup and that i hvent even mentioned 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Sir jee Sehwag made runs at 6 and they cudnt find a place for him so they had to make him open. Has rohit done anything to make special place for him

Sehwag fought fire with fire that is why many times he did well in tough conditions like In NZ 2002-03 tour he made 2 centuries or even fired mendis n murali when everyone was struggling

Rohit is a tentative player at start who does over analyize his game, both have very diff mindset .....mindset like sehwag are rare

Chappell talks about the mindset here

Sir ji now India also facing same problem due to failure of both opner that's why m taking about otherwise I also hate Rohit the test bestman more then other cricket  fan 

3 minutes ago, test fan said:

Bcz we don't have any option left within this team and pathiv also same like Rohit but Rohit have more selling than partiv at this point .and 2 more match good enough for him to perform if he not deliver than droped parmanently him for test team  .

how is this a solution that u replace failure with a failure (who by the way has done nothing in the past to at an easier batting spot) atleast in bad form scored a 100 in eng. Rohit hasnt even scored 100 overseas when in good form thats the diff

Why i have been talking about backing rahane, coz bad form is a part of life but they can bat n proven player, coz they will score 

replacementr of failure with a failure is not an answer, parthiv have batted decently at opening slot

Let Shaw get fully fit. It will backfire if we rush a 85-90% healed Shaw, not match-fit fully also, to a Test against Aussie quicks.

Parthiv Patel and Pujara can open (Pujara is opening already).

Shaw injury will take a few more weeks to heal and for him to get match-fit subsequently.

Edited by fineleg
9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We sent few players back from the middle of the tour last time. Why not invite a player like Mayabk Aggarwal? Its not like it hasn’t happened before. He won’t do any worse than other guys. 

coz we only announced squad for 3 test last time out of 5, this time we have announced it for whole test series 

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

coz we only announced squad for 3 test last time out of 5, this time we have announced it for whole test series 

Its not like we haven’t sent players back. Pathan was sent back once in the middle of the tour even though full squad was announced amd he was part of it.(Irony, Jupiter Unadkat repalced him South Africa)

I am sure they can if they want but they won’t call Aggarwal.

In worst secenario, we must break this p’ship of Vijay and Rahul even if Prithvi Shw is not available again for 3rd.

If none of Rahul or Vijay can buy a run again in the 2nd innigs, I wouldn’t want to retain same openers going into Boxing day test with their moraal down and wanted to just do one better than their competiton - the other opener. I rather have Parthiv then or omg I am about to say it - Rohit. We