Official now : Hardik Pandya added to Indian Squad for 3rd n 4th test

Just now, Temujin Khaghan said:

Why can't vihari open while we keep pujara-kohli-rahane undisturbed and stable. Let's give the lad a chance to open with Shaw so that we go forward with minimal changes to the roles and responsibilities of the batsmen.

The point of pujara coming at no.3 is to safeguard our two best batsmen from early swing movement that the openers need to blunt off. If you are making pujara open then he will succumb to early swing sooner or later.

I picked Pujara because he is practically opening anyway and has had some success in Tests as an opener. I am not sure if throwing a noob like Vihari to the wolves is fair to him unless he has some experience opening in FC.

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

We would've won couple more without him in the side. 

Really how ???

1st thing u might not have even won in england that one test 

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

you sh!t head, he is an opener. He is not competing with Pandya. There are better batsmen and bowlers than your Hardik. 

isnt that his job joker top open so why asking for liberty , abhi bolti band ho gayi jab uski perfomance dikahyi

but their is none better who can do both jobs

Also wasnt rahane , pujara better batsman.....pretty much did same or lil more . HE played 2 innings , rahul 1 .....so yea good luck telling urself other wud have done better

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

I picked Pujara because he is practically opening anyway and has had some success in Tests as an opener. I am not sure if throwing a noob like Vihari to the wolves is fair to him unless he has some experience opening in FC.

pujara also has a 100 in SL  while opening and the ball jagged around a lot in that innings 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqLhhcZulLw

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Even if we had RSD capable enough to open for us with VVS at no. 3 we were always on the lookout for another replacement opener to bring RSD back to 3 and VVS back to 5. Reason is we want to give RSD-SRT-VVS the maximum opportunity to score centuries when the swing is blunted. 

That's why I find it uncomfortable to make pujara open. I would rather throw a pawn to the wolves rather than our bishop.

1 minute ago, Temujin Khaghan said:

Even if we had RSD capable enough to open for us with VVS at no. 3 we were always on the lookout for another replacement opener to bring RSD back to 3 and VVS back to 5. Reason is we want to give RSD-SRT-VVS the maximum opportunity to score centuries when the swing is blunted. 

That's why I find it uncomfortable to make pujara open. I would rather throw a pawn to the wolves rather than our bishop.

but why to sacrifice poor vihari , we made laxman open and he it wasnt good for him

dont do that to vihari 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Bro any thoughts on how we can win if we bowl first. It seems no matter what the team composition is, batting first is the only way we can win.

Strengthen the team and cover all bases.

Keep run scoring tight and hav a deeper batting order.

After that, it's all about application. 

My lineup would be:

Shaw

Pujara

Rahane

Kohli

Vihari

Pant

Jaddu

Ash

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

6 bowling options. 

Batting till 8.

Melbourne is likely to be flat so this will probably be our best bet. 

I would love to include Bhuvi but can't drop any pacers plus 2 spinners are a must for the last 2 tests (Melbourne and Sydney).

We are the only nation which doesn't back its strengths. Our spinners strengthen both our batting and bowling at the same time. 

Edited by sensible-indian
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

but why to sacrifice poor vihari , we made laxman open and he it wasnt good for him

dont do that to vihari 

We have to win the next two matches. Making pujara open is too much risk. 

Keeping in with the tradition of team mgmt. announcing injuries to players they want to drop, I wouldn't rally mind if Mayank Agarwal and shubhman Gill are flown into Australia claiming injuries for Vijay and klr. But leave pujara alone no.3 - is my final say.

Edited by Temujin Khaghan
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Really how ???

1st thing u might not have even won in england that one test 

How did the first Test go against Australia without Hardik? We **CKING WON. Why do you think that is? Because of correct team balance based on the playing conditions. You can hide your weak players in LOIs but not in Test Cricket especially when you are playing away from home. It's like teaching to a 5-year old kid. :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

isnt that his job joker top open so why asking for liberty , abhi bolti band ho gayi jab uski perfomance dikahyi

but their is none better who can do both jobs

Again sh!t head, Rahul is not competing with Pandya. Rahul was our best opener in the available squad and it was common sense to play him ahead of the other two openers. 

Just now, sensible-indian said:

Strengthen the team and cover all bases.

Keep run scoring tight and hav a deeper batting order.

After that, it's all about application. 

My lineup would be:

Shaw

Pujara

Rahane

Kohli

Vihari

Pant

Jaddu

Ash

Ishant

Shami

Bumrah

7 bowling options. 

Batting till 8.

Melbourne is likely to be flat so this will probably be our best bet. 

I would love Bhuvi but can't drop any pacers plus 2 spinners are a must for the last 2 tests (Melbourne and Sydney).

We are the only nation which doesn't back our strengths. Our spinners strengthen both our batting and boxing while giving immense control. 

• Ash is injured, high chances one among rohit n ash is going to be replaced 
  • jaddu is not a better batsman then hardik specially against pace n bounce 
  • 5th bowler will mostly be underused so someone like pandya is perfect . I wud have taken jayant over jaddu if it was just batting coz he looks more solid but not bad to bowl 15 overs
  • Melbourne is also a spungy wkt the kind of wkts that hardik enjoys
9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We won by affording rohit in 1st test 

We afforded no show umesh and yet took 20 wkts 

Will be plus then both 

We didn't afford Umesh. 

We took 20 wickets after the game was done and dusted. 

That too because of a crazy spell by Shami. 

Edited by sensible-indian

Stupid decision if true!

First - His Ranji 5'ver was pointless, one decent wicket and the rest was tail enders!

Second - The Aussie batsmen will take his dibbly dobblies apart, he doesnt have the advantage of seam movement like in England.

Third - Because of his zero impact with the ball will increase the burden on the remaining bowlers.

Fourth - Will struggle with the bat in these conditions. Our middle order will be made up of two brain fades, him and pant!

Edited by shortbread
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:
  • Ash is injured, high chances one among rohit n ash is going to be replaced 
  • jaddu is not a better batsman then hardik specially against pace n bounce 
  • 5th bowler will mostly be underused so someone like pandya is perfect . I wud have taken jayant over jaddu if it was just batting coz he looks more solid but not bad to bowl 15 overs
  • Melbourne is also a spungy wkt the kind of wkts that hardik enjoys

Hardik sucks man. 

Neither a reliable bat or a bowler. 

He has his uses but he screws up the team balance imho. 

Just now, Lannister said:

How did the first Test go against Australia without Hardik? We **CKING WON. Why do you think that is? Because of correct team balance based on the playing conditions. You can hide your weak players in LOIs but not in Test Cricket especially when you are playing away from home. It's like teaching to a 5-year old kid. :facepalm:

Well the guy u played in 1st test in place of did nothing 

B u won coz pujara n rahane made runs , they bioth were extremly inconsistent in ENG....we wud have won their had they been consistent so nothing to do with pandya 

Didnt we won in SA n ENG with pandya 

Week player dnt win u games

Just now, Lannister said:

Again sh!t head, Rahul is not competing with Pandya. Rahul was our best opener in the available squad and it was common sense to play him ahead of the other two openers. 

i knw 

but u hypocrite u will point a guy who performed more then rahul for loosing us, how is that he is an opener and not scoring any runs doesnt make him responsible