Australian Open 2019

Number

Djokovic absolutely schooled nadal today and its obvious no one is close to his level currently. 

Djokovic's task will be cut out at the French but there's no guarantee that nadal will be fit this year at the FO ,so there's a good chance Novak does the non calender grand slam twice.

I had no interest in the tournament after Federer's exit ,just watched the finals today and supported Novak. 

I feel Federer should skip clay but he has stated he'd play on the clay this year not because it'll be his last year on the tour but I feel it's more to get back a top 4 ranking by the time Wimbledon arrives 

43 minutes ago, Adi BB said:

I feel Federer should skip clay but he has stated he'd play on the clay this year not because it'll be his last year on the tour but I feel it's more to get back a top 4 ranking by the time Wimbledon arrives 

Also for some baseline game practice, his FH is tragic atm. Can't lose rhythm any more, layoffs aren't helping him. If he can get his ROS (not top 100 level right now) and FH to acceptable standards, maybe one final hurrah in SW19 is possible. Otherwise he might as well call it quits. 

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Also for some baseline game practice, his FH is tragic atm. Can't lose rhythm any more, layoffs aren't helping him. If he can get his ROS (not top 100 level right now) and FH to acceptable standards, maybe one final hurrah in SW19 is possible. Otherwise he might as well call it quits. 

I feel he needs to give his all for the Wimbledon one final time and he can ,but for that he needs to skip the RG 

Dominic thiem was the best player last year on Clay id we forget Nadal. He even beat Nadal in best od 3 but got cleaned up by Nadal when it mattered. Nadal does have something me taly against Djoker and Djoker does have a chance ro win at French Open.

I just want someone else to match up these guys but I won’t be surprised to see both of them in the finals again at French. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

Dominic thiem was the best player last year on Clay id we forget Nadal. He even beat Nadal in best od 3 but got cleaned up by Nadal when it mattered. Nadal does have something me taly against Djoker and Djoker does have a chance ro win at French Open.

I just want someone else to match up these guys but I won’t be surprised to see both of them in the finals again at French. 

Don't see anyone apart from Thiem, Rafa & Djoker reaching the finals. 

It will be interesting to see RF playing RG. May be for ranking points :hmmm:

4 minutes ago, kumar713 said:

Don't see anyone apart from Thiem, Rafa & Djoker reaching the finals. 

It will be interesting to see RF playing RG. May be for ranking points :hmmm:

Honestly, if Wawrinka fully fit like the one in my avtar then he cna bring back the golden 2015 days where he took Djoker apart :)

In serious manner, you need players who can attack these top guys not who are reasy ro play wrong rallys just.

Someone has to do Wawrinka on clay and just keep attacking. You might not have the weapon like Wawrinka who had best and most consistent backhand then, but you can still attack.

players go in to their shell.

Young guys like Shapovalov etc have the talent to get better on tour but they need to start attacking these top players more. Don’t just play to their reputation.