KL + Hardik Support Thread

zen

Its getting a bit ridiculous now.

All that was needed was a hefty fine and a ban on new endorsements for a year, but suspending them and a possible legal action by this cow Edulji... what the actual eff?

Stop this drama now and get this over with. Let them get in the mode for the WC rather then this nautanki going on which is hellbent on destroying their careers!

On 1/13/2019 at 3:44 AM, SUMO said:

Blessing in disguise for us. Might get better replacements than these non performers...who knows.

If not for the stupid interview they were on verge of getting dropped on performance.

first learn cricket b4 commenting.

pandya is a RARE commodity in Indian cricket A GENUINE PACE BOWLING ALLROUNDER

not the loser spin bowling allrounder that india churns out every day.

good luck replacing Pandya, the guy is a legit athlete

2 hours ago, Reddysaab said:

BCCI is over reaching. Pandya should sue BCCI.

i dont know what crime he has committed to get castigated like this and by the social media brigade. bollywood stars say lot worse on koffe with karan. why no furore then?

If he sues he can kiss good bye to his career. He should issue an apology to everyone and not talk about it anywhere ever. Easiest way to get back into the side.  

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

If he sues he can kiss good bye to his career. He should issue an apology to everyone and not talk about it anywhere ever. Easiest way to get back into the side.  

If they sue, they will not be picked. On the other hand, if MV of one player = 20 crores per yr and if he expects to play for 10 yrs. Add inflation to it, and the amount can be 200+ crores .... For 2 players + legal expenses, it is 400+ crores  :dontknow:

Edited by zen
5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

What are the odds of winning it or even getting a verdict anytime soon.  

Legally, they have not violated any codes .... and KWK is shady to be taken seriously .... For 2 players, with inflation + legal expenses, it is 400+ crores .. even if there is a settlement, the amount is huge 

Which is why BCCI should not be trigger happy (and have to evaluate the risks before taking major steps) 

Edited by zen
3 minutes ago, zen said:

Legally, they have not violated any codes .... and KWK is shady to be taken seriously .... For 2 players, with inflation + legal expenses, it is 400+ crores .. even if there is a settlement, the amount is huge 

Which is why BCCI should not be trigger happy

Lot of speculation. Don't think they can dream of such sums in India. BCCI will come out with all the ammunition these guys will stand no chance. Besides their situation is not as bad as it looks. It is a brief suspension. They will be back soon provided Vijay shankar doesn't score  couple of 100s and Gill cements his place.

Edited by vvvslaxman
13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Lot of speculation. Don't think they can dream of such sums in India. BCCI will come out with all the ammunition these guys will stand no chance. Besides their situation is not as bad as it looks. It is a brief suspension. They will be back soon provided Vijay shankar doesn't score  couple of 100s and Gill cements his place.

I am not saying that they should sue if they want to play cricket .... but that based on steps BCCI takes, legal steps are a viable option too (and the verdict is not decided based on what mobs think. Legal team already advised that they have broken no BCCI codes) ..., That is the amount these two can expect to earn (over a course of 10 years or so)  .... These two are nice enough to have apologized .... BCCI appears to have done no proper risk analysis 

Edited by zen
8 minutes ago, zen said:

I am not saying that they should sue if they want to play cricket .... but that based on steps BCCI takes, legal steps are a viable option too (and the verdict is not decided based on what mobs think. Legal team already advised that they have broken no BCCI codes) ..., That is the amount these two can expect to earn (over a course of 10 years or so)  .... These two are nice enough to have apologized .... BCCI appears to have done no risk analysis 

They could take them back and gradually screw them over in future. Why would they want to lose their limelight? There are many guys that got dumped unceremoniously. Mohinder at various levels. 

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

They could take them back and gradually screw them over in future. Why would they want to lose their limelight? There are many guys that got dumped unceremoniously. Mohinder at various levels. 

Again I am not saying that they should sue if they want to play cricket .... if they don’t want to play cricket, they have options .... this is 2019. And BCCI, from a legal POV, could in the wrong here esp depending upon the steps it takes. The ball is in BCCI’s court now 

Just now, zen said:

Again I am not saying that they should sue if they want to play cricket .... if they don’t want to play cricket, they have options .... this is 2019. And BCCI, from a legal POV, could in the wrong here esp depending upon the steps it takes. The ball is in BCCI’s court now 

yes that is why BCCI has not done anything until now. Just suspension until pending inquiry which is enough. They really don't want to be on the wrong side of BCCI. They will cancel suspension and screw them later especially when your captain is not exactly thrilled with their interview.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

yes that is why BCCI has not done anything until now. Just suspension until pending inquiry which is enough. They really don't want to be on the wrong side of BCCI. They will cancel suspension and screw them later especially when your captain is not exactly thrilled with their interview.

Legal steps become an option depending upon the move BCCI makes .... CoA has done no favours based on the stand Diana appears to be taking and comments from Rai such as “we have already shamed them (iirc)”, implying that a punishment has been imparted for breaking no codes legally 

1 minute ago, zen said:

Legal steps become an option depending upon the move BCCI makes .... CoA has done no favours based on the stand Diana appears to be taking and comments from Rai such as “we have already shamed them (iirc)”, implying that a punishment has been imparted for breaking no codes legally 

Thin ice. BCCI will eventually include them. But i am interested in knowing the chemistry between Kaptaan and these two guys going forward. Dhoni was very open about his dislike for Sreesanth.

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Thin ice. BCCI will eventually include them. But i am interested in knowing the chemistry between Kaptaan and these two guys going forward. Dhoni was very open about his dislike for Sreesanth.

Kaptaan is not a model when it comes to those who appear to be breaking the codes :lol:  .... and this is another reason why BCCI / CoA  should not have jumped in to cater to the gallery .... as now these two would think the cricketers did not support them when they needed the support the most. People could have easily been more diplomatic and said that “it is their opinion and we can’t comment on it. The opinions are not subscribed by BCCI (if dressing down was required, BCCI could have done it in private rather than try to act like CA. They could have ratified the codes so we would know some action has been taken if they wanted to show off)” 

PS which is why BCCI should not try to ape other boards. One official (iirc) compared this with Smith + Warner case and the action CA took. But Smith + Warner were found to be breaking the laws, which is not the case here

Edited by zen
2 minutes ago, zen said:

Kaptaan is not a model when it comes to those who appear to be breaking the codes :lol:  .... and this is another reason why BCCI / CoA  should not have jumped in to cater to the gallery .... as now these two would think the cricketers did not support them when they needed the support the most. People could have easily been more diplomatic and said that “it is their opinion and we can’t comment on it” (if dressing down was required, BCCI could have done it in private) 

No cricketer will stand by them as it will show them in poor light. I don't expect anyone to stand by them. Even if they stand by them they won't come out and support them openly. Even before this incident Pandya was ridiculed for their kim kardashian type social media activities. So it is in sync with the image we already had about them. THere is not going to be a whole lot of sympathy towards them. "My family is proud of me banging so many girls" lol this doesn't exactly will earn any sympathy.

13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

No cricketer will stand by them as it will show them in poor light. I don't expect anyone to stand by them. Even if they stand by them they won't come out and support them openly. Even before this incident Pandya was ridiculed for their kim kardashian type social media activities. So it is in sync with the image we already had about them. THere is not going to be a whole lot of sympathy towards them. "My family is proud of me banging so many girls" lol this doesn't exactly will earn any sympathy.

My point was on not making comments on the issue and to be diplomatic. Neither support nor condemn (which unfortunately some did)

And why should anyone be ridiculed for what they do on social media as long as it is not breaking laws or creating harm? 

They already have some sympathy from those smart enough to not take comments made on KWK seriously .... and being treated viciously by the mob (and those with mob mentality) .... though no one condones their actions, which could have been avoided 

This is probably a case where not many (these two, BCCI / CoA, Kohli (as the captain), etc.) know how to act correctly

Edited by zen