What was Karthik thinking?

Stradlater

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

Karthik getting too much bile on twitter, man the PR machinery of #youknowhow is scary. In today's world mocking the Aloha Snackbar prophet seems a less risky venture than angering the Dark Lord. 

MYSPtp.gif

All aimed at ensuring no one points finger to the elephant in the room who lost us the match. No wonder they had to peddle the story of how great a patriot he is to hide his failures.

21 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

this loss is on idiot selectors  for picking Dhoni  who wasted 4 balls.Dhoni is too old for T20s 

He’s sucked donkey balls in t20 since 2008. Even when he was young, he was crap. He boosted some of his stats in meaningless knocks over the last few years though but still needs other power hitters to bail his ass out.

21 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

He’s sucked donkey balls in t20 since 2008. Even when he was young, he was crap. He boosted some of his stats in meaningless knocks over the last few years though but still needs other power hitters to bail his ass out.

I have a very simple theory for Dhoni and T20s.. In IPL, he plays for his team i.e. CSK, hence has lesser no. of not outs, higher strike rate and lower average. Doesn’t mind taking risks and getting out in trying to go for a win.

When playing for India, al that matters to him is his average, hence a lower strike rate, disproportionate number of not outs and very carefully selected situations of the team when he comes out to bat.

37 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I have a very simple theory for Dhoni and T20s.. In IPL, he plays for his team i.e. CSK, hence has lesser no. of not outs, higher strike rate and lower average. Doesn’t mind taking risks and getting out in trying to go for a win.

When playing for India, al that matters to him is his average, hence a lower strike rate, disproportionate number of not outs and very carefully selected situations of the team when he comes out to bat.

In IPL, he has 1-2 pie chuckers in every team that he targets - Thisara Perera, Corey Anderson, Axar Patel.

In Internationals, he hardly gets such bowlers.. Hence, has to go defensive and steal some cheap runs, so he can still prove his value.

23 hours ago, R!TTER said:

First of all Kohli isn't giving up on captaincy & Sharma isn't getting LOI Captain just by minnow bashing (SL or WI) or bilateral records. He has to do better than Kohli with the bat & Kohli has to do worse, also India has to lose under Kohli consistently before Sharma is even considered a replacement. Any of those possibilities are unlikely in the next year or two, I bet Sharma goes downhill faster & earlier than Kohli ever will.

Agree .kohli is the best bet atm ,he has led India in only 1 major tournament,it ended in a disappointing defeat but we reached the final .

Rohit will decline soon that I agree ,he cant overtake kohli as the captain till kohli decides to relinquish