2019 Lok Sabha elections thread

FischerTal

3 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

So what is wrong with this statement, every body know what happened in Bofors scam and rajeev Gandhi was poised to lose 1990 election before his unfortunate demise

Didn't Rajiv get clean chit?

Anyway Modi should have constructed his sentence better, some wounds are just too deep. Rajiv died in a ghastly terror attack along with many other Indians, you can't seriously defend Modi's choice of words here. I am not arguing the facts of the statement, only the level of political discourse. 

‘Rajiv Gandhi is the reason I am alive today’: Read the touching story behind Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s emotional words

The former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee left everyone in tears on Thursday by his demise. He was admired and respected by one and all across the political spectrum. Late Congress leader Rajiv Gandhi, who was known to take on BJP sharply in Parliament, made an exception for Vajpayee, to whom he was always courteous.

Despite belonging to two different political parties with completely opposing political principles, Vajpayee and the Gandhi scion shared a certain bond. When Rajiv Gandhi had died in 1991, Vajpayee had said that it was like losing his younger brother and also that had it not been for Rajiv’s magnanimity, Vajpayee would not have been alive. That remark of Vajpayee actually carries a very poignant tale behind it.

The book, ‘The Untold Vajpayee: Politician and Paradox’ by Ullekh NP, quotes Atal Bihari Vajpayee as saying: “When Rajiv Gandhi was the Prime Minister, he somehow found out I had a kidney problem and need treatment abroad. One day he called me to his office and said he was going to include me in India’s delegation to the UN and hoped I would use the opportunity to get the treatment I needed. I went to New York and that is one reason I am alive today”.

Rajiv Gandhi had also said that he had told his officials that the BJP leader should return only when his treatment was complete. Back then Vajpayee was the leader of opposition. This is how Vajpayee managed to go to abroad for life-saving kidney-related treatment. Interestingly, it was during this visit when Vajpayee penned his famous poem ‘Battle with Death’. Neither Rajiv Gandhi nor Vajpayee mentioned this in public until Vajpayee disclosed this after Rajiv Gandhi’s shocking assassination.

Edited by Gollum

40 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Anyway Modi should have constructed his sentence better, some wounds are just too deep. Rajiv died in a ghastly terror attack along with many other Indians, you can't seriously defend Modi's choice of words here. I am not arguing the facts of the statement, only the level of political discourse. 

Don't forget he was the one who said ki jab ek bada PED girta hai tab aaspass ki zameen hil jaati hai, don't forget what happened in 1984,who instigated anti Sikh riots and what happened during that time. 

Just now, vayuu1 said:

Don't forget he was the one who said ki jab ek bada PED girta hai tab aaspass ki zameen hil jaati hai, don't forget what happened in 1984,who instigated anti Sikh riots and what happened during that time. 

Don't disagree about his role in 1984, but that has no relation to what transpired yesterday. 

42 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Rajivs death was unfortunate but it was his stupidity to get involved in war between ltte and srilankan govt that caused his life don't forget how cleverly premdasa put him and ltte  against each other and  made ltte  enemy, and how it caused death of lots of Indian soldiers. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Don't disagree about his role in 1984, but that has no relation to what transpired yesterday. 

Look we all know what happened in  bofors,  only a fool will believe that he didn't do anything,also how he acted in shahbano case is for everyone to see. 

4 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Rajivs death was unfortunate but it was his stupidity to get involved in war between ltte and srilankan govt that caused his life don't forget how cleverly premdasa put him and ltte  against each other and  made ltte  enemy, and how it caused death of lots of Indian soldiers. 

Not disagreeing with you, but doesn't absolve Modi of his statement. He is Indian PM, not sadak chhap gunda. 

3 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

It's akin that 2g scam never happened. 

Many many scams, the offenders are hardly ever punished. Lalu got convicted for 40 crores worth embezzlement and then we have Pawar, Dravidian leaders, Mamata, Naidu, Yeddy living life to the fullest. 

Not disagreeing with you, but doesn't absolve Modi of his statement. He is Indian PM, not sadak chhap gunda. 

Bhai you should see how both the Gandhi's acting with him, might be in a heat of moment, but he has been very selective in his outrage, unlike Bianca who was laughing when modi was called bh...d. wa and do. G

4 minutes ago, vayuu1 said:

Bhai you should see how both the Gandhi's acting with him, might be in a heat of moment, but he has been very selective in his outrage, unlike Bianca who was laughing when modi was called bh...d. wa and do. G

Modi should expose the crook siblings and Sonia, not bring up their dead daddy who lost his life in the most unfortunate circumstance, this isn't Indian culture. There is enough ammo to target the living Congressis and their allies. 

Edited by Gollum

Modi should expose the crook siblings and Sonia, not bring up their dead daddy who lost his life in the most unfortunate circumstance, this isn't Indian culture. There is enough ammo to target the living Congressis and their allies. 

Bhai the same man who was responsible for letting Anderson flee after tragedy of Bhopal the same dead daddy who was saved by Sweden in bofors 

5 hours ago, Oldhere said:

His wife confirmed he is a hardcore modi supporter and cant hear anything abt modi

Yeah Modi did this attack .I am disappointed though ,should have appointed a proper gunda to beat kejri :p: