Cricbuzz/Crictracker bans PSL coverage post Pulwama attack

Austin 3:!6

5 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Yes that's broadcasting for you. If we don't watch it, they will pay lesser for broadcasting rights. Its entirely upto us. The more someone watches it, more money goes out from the broadcasters. How many tennis ATP tours are available in Indian broadcasting apart from the 4 grand slams. I want to watch Federer at Doha after missing an year due to injury but no one shows it.

That money from Indian pocket indirectly subsidizes terrorism against India. That needs to stop.

17 hours ago, Clarke said:

I was surprised to see PSL running on sonyliv in a franchise restaurant, didn't even know it is being broadcast. The pondering in my mind isn't that it's being broadcast but whether there is a domestic market for it. 

I know for a fact that by & large Indians go by their pocket and hence would continue to pick Chinese brands over others. However, this isn't some necessity, it's some run of the mill league. 

Kashmiris, many pockets in Hyderabad, Kolkata, Delhi, Bhopal, Bengaluru, Chennai, Meerut......no need to be PC to deceive one's own eyes and ears. 

200 million Muslim pop in India, even if a small chunk of that pop is invested in PSL, that's a bigger viewership number than entire pop of most cricket playing countries. 

The USA and USSR banned media from each others country, boycotted each others' Olympic Games and they never fought one battle let alone a full out war with each other!

India and Pakistan have fought several wars and there are daily skirmishes at the border. All sporting meets and any entertainment industry crossovers should be banned between the countries until there are 5 - 10 years of no incidents.

Imagine if you are a soldier risking his life at the border and then you see the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Karen Johar, Mahesh Bhatt or Virat Kohli sing the praises of Pakistan and calling for the import of their actors, singers and sports stars into India where they can achieve more fame and money. I would be livid.

If a Hollywood actor or director had that attitude towards the Soviet Union in the 60s, 70s and 80s their career would be over. In fact many communist sympathisers were blacklisted from Hollywood for that reason.

Indians still have a bit of a Pritviraj Chauhan attitude to this day. Even when being in dominant position they are being lenient to the enemy and this usually ends in getting bitten in the backside.