Try Pant as an opener

zen

6 minutes ago, Starpower said:

If Dhawan play for eng or pak they throw him by now

Long time ago but in India we promoted Failure player

Life time.

I can tell you, only way you can sends pant, as opener in Cherity matches.He is okayed for #6 better than # 5.

India should rested Dhawan and call Mayank for Mohali but Dhawan scored 187 vs Aus at Mohali on his test debut so BCCI wants him.I wish someone posted his Stat of how many times he dismissed in single digit

In international career?

We can almost guess how he will get out in the next match

1) Caught at point

2) Caught at thirdman

3) leg before to off spinner 

4) left armer bowling him through the gate

4) Mistimed pull up in the air

These are his notable dismissal pattern.

14 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

lol He is running around in circles. He wanted to play aggressively. He did exactly that a 4, 6 and out. That is what  he wanted. This screwed up idea will die slowly in this forum. lol 

Buddy, you are again trying to create strawman .... FYI, that shows Tuktuk can't play aggressively (if he did so as how is 14 of 14 aggressive? It is normal cricket) and not that no one can play  aggressively :rofl: .... also the idea is to get a good score quickly by playing "positively" :dance:

PS please don't be a lawyer, or you will implicate your client :hysterical:

Edited by zen
2 minutes ago, zen said:

That shows Tuktuk can't play aggressively (if he did so as how is 14 of 14 aggressive. it is normal cricket) and not that no one can play  aggressively :rofl: .... also the idea is to get a good score quickly by playing "positively" :dance:

He has scored three double centuries in one dayers including a mammoth one. He has 4 centuries in T20. ANd you are saying he can't play aggressively?  

7 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He has scored three double centuries in one dayers including a mammoth one. He has 4 centuries in T20. ANd you are saying he can't play aggressively?  

Do you know what you are typing? Do you know what the topic is? 

Edited by zen
4 minutes ago, zen said:

Do you know what you are typing? Do you know what the topic is? 

In T20, 4 centuries mean he has scored 100 within 20 overs. That is not playing aggressively? Scoring 35 ball 100 is not playing positively? He opened the innings and made 35 ball 100. Tell me how he could have achieved by not playing aggressively. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

In T20, 4 centuries mean he has scored 100 within 20 overs. That is not playing aggressively? Scoring 35 ball 100 is not playing positively? He opened the innings and made 35 ball 100. Tell me how he could have achieved by not playing aggressively. 

Haven't you seen the data posted on his SR when he scores less than 50? His conversation rates? By citing 100s, you showed that you totally missed the point  :lol: 

3 minutes ago, zen said:

Haven't you seen the data posted on his SR when he scores less than 50? His conversation rates? By citing 100s, you showed that you totally missed the point  :lol: 

You know what a twisted filter that is? lol 0 to 50 includes  FAILURES. If someone gets out below 25 that is a failed innings unless it contains 4 sixes or 6 fours to win a close match. Who cares if someone scores 15 ball 25 or 10 balls 25. Both are failures.  Who would even use that as a stat?  

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You know what a twisted filter that is? lol 0 to 50 includes  FAILURES. If someone gets out below 25 that is a failed innings unless it contains 4 sixes or 6 fours to win a close match. Who cares if someone scores 15 ball 25 or 10 balls 25. Both are failures.  Who would even use that as a stat?  

What difference does getting off the blocks quickly make on batting friendly tracks where teams have to play with high SR? And where every dot can create pressure? Great! We have a diehard tuktuk fanboy here :lol: 

Edited by zen
3 minutes ago, zen said:

What difference does getting off the blocks quickly make on batting friendly tracks where teams have to play with high SR? And where every dot can create pressure? Great! We have a diehard tuktuk fanboy here :lol: 

In Chennai he made 28(44) I bet You won't have a clue about the context. India was 11/3 against Australia. They had to resurrect. If we had considered this as a problem in ICF so many threads would have popped up. He played accordingly in every match with occasional failures. That is why we only worried about middle order.  Since you floated a comical idea of using a reserve keeper with no real list A credentials as opener, you had to create theories. Used gazillion filters like 0 to 50, SENA country, non-bilateral, ICC tournament, in England,  1st match of the series what not.  

7 minutes ago, zen said:

I am just a fan of logic. THat's it . NOt a Rohit sharma fan by any means. Can't wait for them to kick him out permanently from Tests. 

If i want someone to non chalantly pull someone like Starc for six i would back Rohit over anyone.

He is going to open in every single match lol Till then for your heartburn watch these videos

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

In Chennai he made 28(44) I bet You won't have a clue about the context. India was 11/3 against Australia. They had to resurrect. If we had considered this as a problem in ICF so many threads would have popped up. He played accordingly in every match with occasional failures. That is why we only worried about middle order.  Since you floated a comical idea of using a reserve keeper with no real list A credentials as opener, you had to create theories. Used gazillion filters like 0 to 50, SENA country, non-bilateral, ICC tournament, in England,  1st match of the series what not. 

And in one game he .... 

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am just a fan of logic. THat's it . NOt a Rohit sharma fan by any means. Can't wait for them to kick him out permanently from Tests. 

If i want someone to non chalantly pull someone like Starc for six i would back Rohit over anyone.

He is going to open in every single match lol Till then for your heartburn watch these videos

Will be useful for your once upon a time story to your grandkids! 

Ind has put its eggs in Rohit-Dhawan's basket, when they are past their best. This can be a dangerous strategy if the eggs crack (and when it has a good chance of happening vs major teams) .... then you have to go looking for new eggs when you do not have much time to prepare the meal .... A conservative approach which could cost Ind key moments in imp games .... Ignore not trying KL and/or Pant as opener(s) and reevaluating strategy at its own peril  :orderorder:

20 hours ago, zen said:

Ind has put its eggs in Rohit-Dhawan's basket, when they are past their best. This can be a dangerous strategy if the eggs crack (and when it has a good chance of happening vs major teams) .... then you have to go looking for new eggs when you do not have much time to prepare the meal .... A conservative approach which could cost Ind key moments in imp games .... Ignore not trying KL and/or Pant as opener(s) and reevaluating strategy at its own peril  :orderorder:

Famous last words.

Just now, Clarke said:

Am not sold on his keeping. Those misses are expensive.

He needs to improve WK. From just keeping perspective, Saha and Dhoni are better .... However, this is not about Pant the keeper but using a high SR player with the ability to play long inning as an opener