A question for gym goers

MechEng

6 hours ago, punjabi_khota said:

Does that include travel time ?

He he he. No man. Gym is just 5 mins from my place. It records time as soon as you clock in. My body fat ratio has drastically reduced. Its around 20% last time gym measured it for me.

When you get older, For a cricketer. Hamstring is first thing that goes. So i have incorprated "Surya Namaskar", "Dhanurashan","chakrasan", and some chinese martial art poses as part of stretching. which takes about 30 mins. They look easy, But believe me, When you have crossed 40, doing them correctly drastically improves strength and flexibility.

For example, below takes few seconds. But since I started doing it, my shoulder has not given up even after bench press

tiffany-cruikshank-gomukhasana-arms-245_

I know most havent got time as much I have, But they can plan accordingly

Yoga is not for old people only. even young ones will get massive benefits in improoving strength and flexibility

Edited by mishra

It's a good machine but you must include some form of resistance training otherwise you will look very skinny once you've dropped the fat. However it is difficult to build muscle and lose fat at the same time unless you are a beginner.

Walking for 45-60 mins is also great for fat loss and is a lot less boring than using a machine indoors.

8 hours ago, Under_Score said:

@MechEng Haven't tried the Elliptical yet....typical routine I prefer & like to recommend is..

15 minutes Treadmill, 10 minutes of ab exercise EVERYDAY....Shoulders & Chest ( 4 exercises...4 sets of 10 ) same day

Back & Legs ( 4 exercises...4 sets of 10) Alternative day.

Just want to keep it simple....to maintain fitness...nothing extravagant.

Workout done within an hour every day :wp3: 

For weights I usually do lat pull down - 2 sets, dumbbell row - 2 sets, bench press - 3 sets, wrist excercises using 10 pound dumbbell - 2 sets and tricep excercises using dumbbells - 1 set. Very simple.

I do not work on my biceps using dumbbells, it makes my arm feel inflexible.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:35 PM, Cricketics said:

@MechEng Eliptical can help as Rahul and I pointed our. If younare not sweating that means your resistance level is low. Increase it and make it challenging for yourself. Remember “paddling fast” is not required. It will only tire you ourquickly after bit of sweat.

Remember to take it as a marathon. Go at your normal paddling pace at decent enough resistance and keep going, and you will see results. 

Yes, I do elliptical at random track settings and set weight to 20 pounds more than my weight with time of 40 minutes. I cover 7 miles in 40 minutes, and I do sweat, so I'm doing good!