Classification of Congress Voters

surajmal

7 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Abe bhosri-ke, i dont care what YOU are or what YOU claim your punya-parivaar to be. Who the * cares what your family is ? You made a comment about Bengalis. So how the whole ethnicity behaves by large, is the comparison. 

Unless you are Tamil or Bengali, or at the most a very distant third in the Tripuris, your people have been Congressi bootlickers for far longer than mine. We are second only to TN for total time spent post independence without electing the Congress. 

Doesn't matter if you are a hindi-stani, gujju, marathi, telegu, malayali or whatever - you are not Tamil or Bong ? Chal haat, pichey aa jaa - you folks are nothing more than Johnny-come-lately to the anti-congress party and just like nuevo-rich think flaunting wealth makes them feel one of the elites, so too does nuevo-anti-congressi's like you think flaunting your anti-congress views makes you more desis. The kind of anti-congress stories you consider 'progress in breaking the dynasty' is the kind of stories I grew up on before you were even born and your purkho were congressi ghulaams, trying to muzzle us and singing ras-leela of the congress with their ears firmly plugged. 

:laugh::congrats::two_thumbs_up:. Good one. An appreciation from a Thamizhan here. Congress is the reason why we have bjp in the centre.

The motto is and always should be Never vote for a central party. Always vote state. Never voluntarily give power to dilli buggers.

7 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

:laugh::congrats::two_thumbs_up:. Good one. An appreciation from a Thamizhan here. Congress is the reason why we have bjp in the centre.

The motto is and always should be Never vote for a central party. Always vote state. Never voluntarily give power to dilli buggers.

actually i am 100% patriot minded when it comes to nationalism. Which means i am A-ok with the idea of abolishing powers of the states and making the center decisive, like English or Scottish politics. We don't have the effective means yet because of too many people and state level representation works better for local development in India but over time, i am 100% nation, 0% state powers kinda guy.

11 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

:agree: 

screen-0.jpg?h=355&fakeurl=1&type=.jpg

I'm not at all discussing patriotism here. This is exactly how the point gets lost in the translation or whatever. I'm talking about how well individual states should have more say in their administrative matters.

I'm more of a European Union kind of guy where states should have more powers. WHatever progress i've seen in the southern states its respectively due to the southern governments doing. Southern governments have done far and well off for themselves compared to the northern ones exactly for this reason. The more states demand their assertives one could see them doing well and in the bigger picture the whole country does well.

24 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

I'm not at all discussing patriotism here. This is exactly how the point gets lost in the translation or whatever. I'm talking about how well individual states should have more say in their administrative matters.

Nope. Thats how central power is lost in the long term and states start to fragment out of the orbit. We are a living historical proof of this - unlike the Chinese or the Romans, we did *not* kill and displace the conquered kings since the days of Ashoka. And lo, since then, every single Indian dynasty has had the whole ' rise to power ----> conquer---> unstability/setback/civi war ---> everyone rebelling and toppling the dynasty to start their own new kingdom again' route. 

National power must be decisive and the only reason for state power should be to better micro-manage the ground situation. Thats it. but the moment the state power clashes with national power, time to nix the state power. 

24 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

I'm more of a European Union kind of guy where states should have more powers. WHatever progress i've seen in the southern states its respectively due to the southern governments doing. Southern governments have done far and well off for themselves compared to the northern ones exactly for this reason. The more states demand their assertives one could see them doing well and in the bigger picture the whole country does well.

Nonsense. 95% of Indian wealth is created by the intrepidity of the Indian public. the 5% role the government plays is basically to 'not stand in the way or get too fat on the corruption ladder'. 

15 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Nope. Thats how central power is lost in the long term and states start to fragment out of the orbit. We are a living historical proof of this - unlike the Chinese or the Romans, we did *not* kill and displace the conquered kings since the days of Ashoka. And lo, since then, every single Indian dynasty has had the whole ' rise to power ----> conquer---> unstability/setback/civi war ---> everyone rebelling and toppling the dynasty to start their own new kingdom again' route. 

National power must be decisive and the only reason for state power should be to better micro-manage the ground situation. Thats it. but the moment the state power clashes with national power, time to nix the state power. 

Nonsense. 95% of Indian wealth is created by the intrepidity of the Indian public. the 5% role the government plays is basically to 'not stand in the way or get too fat on the corruption ladder'. 

Again I'M  not discussing patriotism or military might or conquering or what not!!!. I was talking about individual growth attained by states who have made decisions to empower its growth of its citizens.

When it comes to looting there's no comparison. Centre loots a lot. 

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

@Muloghonto

Wouldn't Congress be an improvement over CPI(M) ? There's nothing to be proud of choosing the devil over the deep sea :--D

If you knew of how much Nehru and the Hindi-stani politics shafted and side-lined Bengal, predominantly because of the overwhelming populism of Bose and the fact that Congress were scared of the throngs of militant Bengalis ( we made up over 50% of all militant actions against British in entirity of the 1900s), you'd understand why Bong chose 'anyone but congress' mode. 

Heck, the moment we saw a split in the congress ( Bangla Congress formed), we went for them. But CPM was rising, predominantly due to neglect of the center in helping Bengal transition to the post- British economy.

For eg, when India became independent, the lower hoogly region was the nerve-center of jute & muslin production in all of Bengal. But WB by itself, lacked the agricultural base to supply these factories. We lost most of our raw goods to bangladesh and Bangladesh got shafted, with all the raw goods and nowhere to process them as well. Yet, center did nothing while they were busy propping industries and giving giant gobs of loans to the hindi belt or the Mumbaikars. All this lead to a gradual rise of CPM amongst the disaffected, as the region got poorer and poorer to rest of India. When Indira Gandhi messed with the local elections to install the INC one final time in the mid 70s, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Prior to it, the Bangla Congress had joined hands in state elections with INC under the slogan of 'remember Naxalbari, stop the commies'. But once INC swept to power again, we realized, that CPM is the only alternative. 

And once you let the bull in the China shop, well, not much china is left, eh ? Can't blame em for effectively consolidating. 

6 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

Again I'M  not discussing patriotism or military might or conquering or what not!!!. I was talking about individual growth attained by states who have made decisions to empower its growth of its citizens.

When it comes to looting there's no comparison. Centre loots a lot. 

yeah empower your citizens all you wish, but at political level, whenever the politics of the state is in conflict with the nation, the state must submit. Not having that system leads to a weak center and easy fragmentation. The only reason almost all Indian dynasties were toast after 3-4 civil wars (nevermind foreign invasions) but the Roman Republic/Empire survived 30+ major civil wars, is because their model was 'Rome is the end-all, be-all' and were absolute central authority minded folks with virtually zero regional authority. 

This is why in the long run, national parties must win again in Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kashmir and Punjab.