Performance of Indian spinners in IPL 2019

vvvslaxman

3 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Then why dont they bowl these economical spinners in the death ,why go back to the expensive pacers.I would like to see them bowl consistently in the death and then we can get an accurate measurement of their eco ,otherwise you have to base them mostly on the 7-16th over range.

Bowling spinners at death is the most suicidal thing to do. Even Rashid khan will struggle against good batsman.  IT is very very rare spinners bowl in the end unless their top and middle order blown away or they have a batsman who don't know how to play spin. Rat gave Negi against Pandya. Narine today bowled in the end. Got owned by a tailender. 

Edited by vvvslaxman

33 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Hard to predict that. Wicket column accurately reflects how well these guys have bowled. When you combine wickets with  ER we get a clear picture. On that count Chahal, Ashwin, Gopal all 3 were exemplary. Ashwin/Gopal could bat too. Kuldeep's ER is due to his lack of wickets. Batsmen didn't fear him. Some of the sixes were hit against the turn.  Maybe not enough grip under lights.

many times batsmen do not attack in the middle overs.

19 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bowling spinners at death is the most suicidal thing to do. Even Rashid khan will struggle against good batsman.  IT is very very rare spinners bowl in the end unless their top and middle order blown away or they have a batsman who don't know how to play spin. Rat gave Negi against Pandya. Narine today bowled in the end. Got owned by a tailender. 

Rashid got thrashed last game against CSK that too in Chennai.

11 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

That's why economy of spinners are different,they dont bowl those tough overs.

Though Narine got smashed in his last over but i have seem him bowl quite well in the death in the past  ,rashid too can bowl well in the death ,others i am not sure .

Narine used to chuck in the past, getting added advantage of that which would help him turn the ball more.  Narine isnt the same threat since his re-modeled action.

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

That's why economy of spinners are different,they dont bowl those tough overs.

Though Narine got smashed in his last over but i have seem him bowl quite well in the death in the past  ,rashid too can bowl well in the death ,others i am not sure .

I am not comparing seamers with spinners here. Talking about seamers, Chahar bowls upfront most of his overs. Only in the last  3 or 4 matches he bowls at the end. His ER is good. Bumrah ER is pretty good. So is Saini's.  Rabada's.  Given that it is very very rare teams use spinners in the end overs comparison is apt. Besides picking up wickets during middle overs in T20 is not as easy as one thinks. If anything in the end overs you are more likely to take wickets with batsmen throwing the bat around.

34 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

The way bhajji got Rahul today.. Ajmal would have been proud. Guess ipl governing council wouldn't be serious on these chuckers as long as they play for csk.

There are so many things overlooked like batsmen taking full rest without being on the field after playing a long innings.