Victory thread: India U19 Champions

:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: what a day for indian cricket. what a win for the u-19 team. we should have won it in 2006 also if it hadnt been for a few bad overs in the final

what a day for indian cricket. what a win for the u-19 team. we should have won it in 2006 also if it hadnt been for a few bad overs in the final
I'm counting this as our 2nd straight win, no way am I letting that freak ball tampering result of 2006 stand. In my memory pakis were disqualified based on previous tampering and India were awarded the cup! Well done boys lets go for the three-peet in 2010

Must be said, that Saffies really played their hearts out in the 1st half. Better than brilliant fielding, and a very disciplined all-out bowling effort as well. When you take into account that they had played 3 straight days, and their captain was not quite 100% - impressive. and that engelbrecht kid? he's some kind of mutant out there at point. just spectacular stuff.

As a matter of fact' date= BCCI treated Whatmore shoddily too, and (almost?) told him he will be our coach, and then unceremoniously dumped him etc. Well, good that he is here, and helping the yengsterz
Yep, I was surprised he even came to India to be chief coach of NCA, after Ford was preferred for him, for the coaching job. He is dream U-19 coach to have. Which junior cricketer wouldnt want to have a former world-cup winning coach with their team ? With that kind of legacy, I am sure he would have commanded a lot of respect and fear, which is an important aspect of junior cricket. Unlike the national team, the junior team's coach's role is almost like a part-boss, part-fatherly figure role. Dav would have been a strict disciplinarian I am sure.
can you verify that?
just a recollection (which is why I wrote a ? in my post above "(almost)?". I am sure someone here will remember the events more vividly. My recollection is that Ravi Shastri talked to him, and then there were some media reports, and then when he was dumped, he was not informed or anything. He just learnt it (no longer in running) via the media.