Who was the greatest left-handed cricketer after Gary Sobers?

Who was the greatest left-handed cricketer after Gary Sobers?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the greatest left-handed cricketer after Gary Sobers?

• Wasim Akram
    • Adam Gilchrist
    • Brian Lara
    • David Gower
    • Saurav Ganguly
    • Alan Border
    • Saed Anwar
    • Sannath Jayasuriya
    • Graeme Pollock
    • Saed Anwar
    • Alan Davidson
    • Clive Lloyd
    • Chris Gayle
    • Wasim Raja
    • Arthur Morris
    • Bishen Singh Bedi
    • Kumar Sangakaara
    • Michael Bevan
    • Alvin Kalicharan
    • Greame Smith

7 hours ago, sandeep said:

"jealousy"? of what exactly? The length of his beard?  I could care less buddy, I just have very little time for guys who betrayed the game we love.  

Anwar was a decent bat who had his moments in the sun - he was one of the best that Pakistan had.  I can understand that its difficult when the 'stars' you look up to, are exposed.  I was a huge Azhar fan in my younger years.  I was devastated when I found out about him.  I know you probably feel compelled to "defend" him, especially since the criticism is coming from an "enemy" fan.  But it is what it is.  

Jealous for how he used to treat Indian bowlers. 

7 hours ago, Harsh Thakor said:

Wasim Akram is the  most complete or talented of all paceman and also an accomplished batsmen.Gichrist was a great match winner as s bat but not the most skilled of keepers.Very close but I feel even Lara shades Gilly with his staggering achievements with the bat.ofcourse Gilly the most explosive.

Agree, Akram was club level bowler, our own Nehra was much better than him , even Khalil Ahmed looks better. 

3 minutes ago, First class said:

Jealous for how he used to treat Indian bowlers. 

How many 'good' games did he have against Indian bowlers? 4? 5?  For every decent innings that Anwar played against India, there are 2, 3 or more that were played by a Sachin or a Sehwag.  The latter, in particular, owned your team's arse.  So calm your tits. 

Nobody's saying that Anwar wasn't a good bat, he was quite good.  By greenbro standards he was *ing great.  But that 90s Pakistani team did a lot of shady things.  And you know it.   

21 hours ago, sandeep said:

How many 'good' games did he have against Indian bowlers? 4? 5?  For every decent innings that Anwar played against India, there are 2, 3 or more that were played by a Sachin or a Sehwag.  The latter, in particular, owned your team's arse.  So calm your tits. 

Nobody's saying that Anwar wasn't a good bat, he was quite good.  By greenbro standards he was *ing great.  But that 90s Pakistani team did a lot of shady things.  And you know it.   

So unlike you I have no problem in acknowledging Sachin and Sehwag were great players, I don;t see cricketers while wearing any green or blue lenses. 

2 hours ago, First class said:

So unlike you I have no problem in acknowledging Sachin and Sehwag were great players, I don;t see cricketers while wearing any green or blue lenses. 

What do you want me to say?  Anwar was "great"?  He wasn't.  Sorry.  Imran Khan was great, in spite of his self-confessed tampering.  Wasim - if you overlook his fixing - was great.  Anwar never was at that level.  

Its not about green/blue lenses.  But you are free to believe whatever it is that you want about me and my opinion.  Its funny, I get a lot of flak on this forum, for having a "soft corner" for Pakistanis, and here you are, accusing me of "blue lenses".  I don't give a flying *.

11 minutes ago, Harsh Thakor said:

Apologize deeply readers..By mistake I obliterated name of the legendary Kumar Sangakaara.Please accept my apologies and see corrected list.I forgot Sanga was a left-hander.

We are still miffed about non inclusion of Mirrored Majid.

can't think of any one other than  Gilchrist. Think it this way...... there has not been any  all rounder  in the history of the game who was 'ATG to very good'  in 2  disciplines , not even Sobers,Kallis ,Kapil or any other all rounder in this  regard. Only 2  players as of now    comes in that category ..... Gilchrist & Dhoni. Both have been 'very good' in batting  & 'keeping' (2 disciplines) .Gilchrist was the better of the 2. Being a left hander  he is the best candidate for this tag.