Foreign players in England squad

If they want to play for England and are qualified I don't speak the problem. All these players have called England home for a long time. Some such as Roy and Curran have played all their professional cricket here and learnt the game at English schools and clubs and now choose to have their life, a wife and kids, in England (not mention having family ties to the country through parents). Everything they have in a cricketing sense and in their life outside cricket is from England.

You are not tied to where you happened to come out of  your mother's hole. Such an ourdated concept in the modern world where you could be starting a new  life in NZ or America this time tomorrow

Edited by YCCC
15 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

You compiled the list so you must know where each was born . You checked didn't you before trying to make your point ?:biggrin:

Okay you've lost me. Let me get it right. 

You've quoted me saying that there is someone in my list who is actually born inn England. And I asked who?  Because all the players in my list are not born in England. But still are playing for England. 

Hope you got me. 

15 minutes ago, Norman said:

Okay you've lost me. Let me get it right. 

You've quoted me saying that there is someone in my list who is actually born inn England. And I asked who?  Because all the players in my list are not born in England. But still are playing for England. 

Hope you got me. 

They are not all born outside England !! Do your research before posting and especially do it when called out on your post .

I will give you a clue , Northampton is in England 

50 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

They are not all born outside England !! Do your research before posting and especially do it when called out on your post .

I will give you a clue , Northampton is in England 

Sam Curran's dad is former Zimbabwe Cricketer Ben Curran. When Ben was playing county cricket for Northamptonshire and possibly his wife was there too , Sam was born. That does not make him English as Ben Curran is a Zimbabwean. And tell you what, Sam Curran was brought up in Zimbabwe up until he was 10. 

Just now, Norman said:

Sam Curran's dad is former Zimbabwe Cricketer Ben Curran. When Ben was playing county cricket for Northamptonshire and possibly his wife was there too , Sam was born. That does not make him English as Ben Curran is a Zimbabwean. And tell you what, Sam Curran was brought up in Zimbabwe up until he was 10. 

If you are going to quote get it right!!! His dad was Kevin . 

What was your quote earlier " actually born in England" !!! 

:hysterical: give up every post is making you more stupid than the last 

3 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

If you are going to quote get it right!!! His dad was Kevin . 

What was your quote earlier " actually born in England" !!! 

:hysterical: give up every post is making you more stupid than the last 

Sorry I goofed up about his dad's name. :cantstop:  But doesn't matter anyways. 

Okay here it is. Suppose if  Ziva was born in Sydney when Sakshi was staying with Dhoni during the 2015 world cup. Okay ? 

Does that make Ziva an Australian? 

May be I should have made it more clearer that one should be "born and raised". But you should have got that. 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

@Tattieboy don’t you find it offensive that no Scotsman has been poached while an Irishman has been made captain :giggle: . I think that McLeod guy I think  the opener is pretty good but England have embarrassment of riches in that area.

Where is the pride 

braveheart_a_p.jpg

He is not an opener , he is a failed bowler who know bats 4  ..... I actually sat with his mum and dad when he played his first Scotland U13 game . 

No don't feel offended , all the boys are committed to Scotland and feel they can get test status . We are a squad of home grown talent no Indians or Pakistanis parachuted in for residency .

As a team it's unbelievable the progress we have made in the last few years for an associate country to go toe to toe with this current England team and score 375 and out score them . 

It would be great if India would play us  as we have accomadated hundreds of Test and Ranji players in Scottish cricket over the last 50 years . 

15 minutes ago, Norman said:

Sorry I goofed up about his dad's name. :cantstop:  But doesn't matter anyways. 

Okay here it is. Suppose if  Ziva was born in Sydney when Sakshi was staying with Dhoni during the 2015 world cup. Okay ? 

Does that make Ziva an Australian? 

May be I should have made it more clearer that one should be "born and raised". But you should have got that. 

Yeah I get it , suddenly " actually born in England " doesn't fit the narrative so you change it .

He and others play for England and no rules are being broken!!.......Deal with it 

oh and by the way ship all those Indians home playing cricket for countries on residency rule first before you start bleating about England and I would have more respect for your view 

1 minute ago, Tattieboy said:

Yeah I get it , suddenly " actually born in England " doesn't fit the narrative so you change it .

He and others play for England and no rules are being broken!!.......Deal with it 

oh and by the way ship all those Indians home playing cricket for countries on residency rule first before you start bleating about England and I would have more respect for your view 

No rules are broken and yes the players are well within their rights to earn their living and move to greener pastures.

I think the OP’s point was that makes the game a little off balance.

You can neither stop England or SA,WI players from migrating. 

Archer in the WI line up would have added to their team which is light on bowling but has incredible hitters.

Stokes and Curran I can understand they moved to England early and not for purely cricketing reasons.

But Irish cricket would have benefitted from Morgan. I think they poached another batsman who played a few tests and a  fast bowler too briefly who have since then gone back. 

I personally think SA’s racial quota is way way more harmful to cricket than WICB ineptness or English poaching.

The players playing for their respective countries would have made cricket better. It is not illegal but just sad. ICC needs to step in. I think in the past didn’t they have a rule that a team can consist of only a certain % of expats? Since then they have removed it I think

Just now, maniac said:

No rules are broken and yes the players are well within their rights to earn their living and move to greener pastures.

I think the OP’s point was that makes the game a little off balance.

You can neither stop England or SA,WI players from migrating. 

Archer in the WI line up would have added to their team which is light on bowling but has incredible hitters.

Stokes and Curran I can understand they moved to England early and not for purely cricketing reasons.

But Irish cricket would have benefitted from Morgan. I think they poached another batsman who played a few tests and a  fast bowler too briefly who have since then gone back. 

I personally think SA’s racial quota is way way more harmful to cricket than WICB ineptness or English poaching.

The players playing for their respective countries would have made cricket better. It is not illegal but just sad. ICC needs to step in. I think in the past didn’t they have a rule that a team can consist of only a certain % of expats? Since then they have removed it I think

In the past Scottish and Irish players who were attached to English counties were refused permission to play for their countries. 

A few Scottish players have played for England because there was a difference between Test and Associate teams . They never played each other , now that gap is closing .

When Morgan made the decision he wanted to play for England he was very young and no one foreseen Ireland becoming a Test Nation . Morgan has had very little to do with Irish cricket . 

As long as the rules are not broken that's fine by me , what the rules are is a different story but international cricket needs to expand not retract 

Ironically, Indians and Chinese are among the largest communities with “foreign” citizenships 

I would expect British Indians, Australians Indians, NZ Indians, SA Indians, etc., to support their respective home teams (country of their major citizenship), who are test playing nations. Ind can be their 2nd team

Many of these countries could allow duel citizenships so that brings flexibility as well on whom to support/ play for

Edited by zen