2019 French Open

I6MTW

25 minutes ago, Gollum said:

A real clownfest going on, Nadal will be laughing right now. 

I sincerely hope the final is on Monday. Neither of these two will have any chance. Thiem is really a brainless ball badhee at times with no plan B or smart tactics. He really should've wom this in 3 or 4. He really gifted that 4th set to Nole. Djokovic wasn't playing well at all, a lot of unforced errors.

Good news is it's raining now, if the match is delayed and they finish at a later time, they would have no choice but to postpone the match till Monday. It is a public holiday anyway.

Nadal vs Thiem this time. Seriously Thiem should just withdraw if the final is tomorrow. That will give a major kick in the ass to the RG officials. Already this tournament is one of the worst . All they need is an incomplete final to tarnish RGs legacy. Maybe the organisers will push this to Monday if Thiem threatens to withdraw. I'm sure they'd rather have a final with less attendance and ticket sales than a final that doesn't occur at all. They would be bothered about the tickets sold for Sunday. 

54 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Others answered it. Indeed it will be tough but lets see what Thiem turns up tomorrow. 

He has to take from his barcelona win on how to play Nadal on PC. Thief's Barcelona level was the highest I've seen him. And Nadal wasn't even playing bad in that match. He was doing quite well but he was outplayed by Thiem in straight sets. And Barcelona is one of the tournaments with courts similar to Court PC and RG conditions.

I would give Thiem a chance based on that, plus the fact that he's one of the fittest players on the tour. The amount of overplaying the guy does without injury is astonishing. He will be more mentally fatigued considering how he was cloning on break points and match points. And considering how much that Djokovic-officials incident and Serena incident screwed Thiem, I think he'll be more motivated with something to prove. He'll be more ready than last year. 

Edited by I6MTW

15 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

He has to take from his barcelona win on how to play Nadal on PC. Thief's Barcelona level was the highest I've seen him. And Nadal wasn't even playing bad in that match. He was doing quite well but he was outplayed by Thiem in straight sets. And Barcelona is one of the tournaments with courts similar to Court PC and RG conditions.

I would give Thiem a chance based on that, plus the fact that he's one of the fittest players on the tour. The amount of overplaying the guy does without injury is astonishing. He will be more mentally fatigued considering how he was cloning on break points and match points. And considering how much that Djokovic-officials incident and Serena incident screwed Thiem, I think he'll be more motivated with something to prove. He'll be more ready than last year. 

Thiem if fully rested can take off a a set for sure. Goffin is the only one to take a set against Nadal this time.

You analysis are spot om. Thiem must take insipiratiom from Barcelona win and not worry about a 5 setter and take one set at a time. 

I hope and I am sure most world is hoping for Thiem to win tomorrow to stop

the beast. 

23 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Thiem if fully rested can take off a a set for sure. Goffin is the only one to take a set against Nadal this time.

You analysis are spot om. Thiem must take insipiratiom from Barcelona win and not worry about a 5 setter and take one set at a time. 

I hope and I am sure most world is hoping for Thiem to win tomorrow to stop

the beast. 

Well Thiem certainly can. He is the strongest 1HBH on clay now. Unlike other 1HBH he doesn't have ae much trouble against Nadal on clay. Now that he's beaten him in Barcelona he'll fancy his chances more. What are the conditions for tomorrow? Sunny or windy/rainy? 

Nadal also hasnt been tested yet this tournament. Aside from a 38 year old Fed who's playing clay in the twilight of his career, his only other test was Goffin. But honestly, Nadal was leading 2 sets to love. He destroyed him in the first two sets. The third set was more of Nadal dropping his level slightly, and Goffin peaking and going for broke. I mean it's impossible to keep up a level which has 17 winners and 4 UEs for 2 more sets. So all Nadal had to do was wait till Goffins level dropped. He wasn't really tested at all. His match against Schwartzman and Bolleli last year were more testing. 

So considering Nadal hasn't been tested yet, he won't be able to raise his level and shift gears so soon like he usually does in the second week of RG. So Thiem must absolutely take the first set for this to be a match and maintain a high level throughout the second and try to take the second as well. Thiem will not get out of a 5 setter tomorrow as champion. If Thiem plays like barcelona then he has a decent chance of taking a 2 sets lead before Nadal raises his level and changes into his higher gears. Nadal if he's down two sets to love, it would be unseen territory for him. The pressure would be more on him than on Thiem.

Edited by I6MTW

6 hours ago, I6MTW said:

Well Thiem certainly can. He is the strongest 1HBH on clay now. Unlike other 1HBH he doesn't have ae much trouble against Nadal on clay. Now that he's beaten him in Barcelona he'll fancy his chances more. What are the conditions for tomorrow? Sunny or windy/rainy? 

Nadal also hasnt been tested yet this tournament. Aside from a 38 year old Fed who's playing clay in the twilight of his career, his only other test was Goffin. But honestly, Nadal was leading 2 sets to love. He destroyed him in the first two sets. The third set was more of Nadal dropping his level slightly, and Goffin peaking and going for broke. I mean it's impossible to keep up a level which has 17 winners and 4 UEs for 2 more sets. So all Nadal had to do was wait till Goffins level dropped. He wasn't really tested at all. His match against Schwartzman and Bolleli last year were more testing. 

So considering Nadal hasn't been tested yet, he won't be able to raise his level and shift gears so soon like he usually does in the second week of RG. So Thiem must absolutely take the first set for this to be a match and maintain a high level throughout the second and try to take the second as well. Thiem will not get out of a 5 setter tomorrow as champion. If Thiem plays like barcelona then he has a decent chance of taking a 2 sets lead before Nadal raises his level and changes into his higher gears. Nadal if he's down two sets to love, it would be unseen territory for him. The pressure would be more on him than on Thiem.

Yes, I like the idea of the first set. Regarding the weather, things are back to normal in Paris and there won’t be much wind but more humid actually and they are expecting soem shower around mid day and late. 

Thiem taking first is surely something going to be unique since Nadal isn’t used to coming from behind in French Open, as he has never been in such situation in recent history or ever actuallly barring his two losses, so yes, it does make things interesting. Thiem must just keep fighting for every point and not let Nada pulverize him. 

Yep. Well Nadal gets his 12th title this year. As the case every year. We hope there will be somebody to challenge Nadal on Clay and RG, but last 15 years its been the same. Off to Grass I guess.

3 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

Yep. Well Nadal gets his 12th title this year. As the case every year. We hope there will be somebody to challenge Nadal on Clay and RG, but last 15 years its been the same. Off to Grass I guess.

I am still hoping Thiem will come back. Gave the set away, but lets see. Needs to break early here.