What was your biggest misconception !!!

velu

This happened as late as college first year :laugh: We had this Electrical Engineering practicals where we had to go to a shed where they had these motors and transformers which were very scary at that point in my life. We were conducting some experiments where the meter measuring the current or voltage (I fail to remember) connected to the motor was rising rapidly (not the electronic one but the manual one with the dials). I was sh!t scared that the motor was about to burst :laugh: so I backed away and was fixing to run covering my ears. And all of my batchmates started to laugh and one of them told me what an idiot I was. Needless to say, I made the bare minimum to pass the finals :p:

7 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

This happened as late as college first year :laugh: We had this Electrical Engineering practicals where we had to go to a shed where they had these motors and transformers which were very scary at that point in my life. We were conducting some experiments where the meter measuring the current or voltage (I fail to remember) connected to the motor was rising rapidly (not the electronic one but the manual one with the dials). I was sh!t scared that the motor was about to burst :laugh: so I backed away and was fixing to run covering my ears. And all of my batchmates started to laugh and one of them told me what an idiot I was. Needless to say, I made the bare minimum to pass the finals :p:

You must be working with AC current here and the motor could be induction motor.

Edited by MechEng